+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Keep having dizzy spells where I am also unsteady on my feet, when waking up in the morning.

Re: Keep having dizzy spells where I am also unsteady on my feet, when waking up in the morning.

Still sounds like low blood pressure to me. Check it and compare the results against this chart here:

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/high-b...-hypertension/

If you haven't a blood pressure monitor buy one. They are inexpensive. Every home should have one.

Re: Keep having dizzy spells where I am also unsteady on my feet, when waking up in the morning.

[QUOTE=Vindec;5094921]Still sounds like low blood pressure to me. Check it and compare the results against this chart here:

If you haven't a blood pressure monitor buy one. They are inexpensive. Every home should have one.[/QUOT

Dont muck about go and see the GP. Probably postural hypotension, but worth checking out.

Get it checked out. I've got high blood pressure (despite 3 different pills) & vertigo, also do the "daddy dance" as the kids call it. Knees buckle, light headed, dizzy. Get it checked.

On the blood pressure monitor, go as expensive as you can afford, the cheap ones are useless. Also get a wide cuff not a narrow one, they give far too many false readings.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    It’s the fluid in your ears.

It acts like a spirit level, but sometimes it goes awry.

This is not a joke, I suffer from it.
    Try these simple exercises to clear it up.

Sit down, stand up, sit down stand up, repeat about 30 times.

Then turn 180 degrees, then turn the other way again repeat about 20 times

Hopefully the fluid will right itself

This is not a joke, I have to do it myself

It might be on tinternet, but I’m not joking
    I can vouch that this works for me.

[QUOTE=lisvaneblue;5094922]
    Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Still sounds like low blood pressure to me. Check it and compare the results against this chart here:

If you haven't a blood pressure monitor buy one. They are inexpensive. Every home should have one.[/QUOT

Dont muck about go and see the GP. Probably postural hypotension, but worth checking out.
    I agree that you must see the GP. Initially all he/she is likely to do is tell you to monitor blood pressure on a machine he/she will loan you. However my suggestion was that may save at least a week before arriving at a diagnosis.

PS. I suffer from this problem and my GP is trying to get my blood pressure tablets right. Too high a dose causes low blood pressure and dizziness and feeling feint when you get up.

Dizzyness first thing in the morning could be a blood sugar level problem ie diabetes.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I don't get these any other time, say I lie down for an extended period and get up for something, I'll be fine.

Caught me off guard for the first time Tuesday so instead of just sitting down like you think you would in that situation I just stumbled about upstairs trying to get myself ready for work.

No alcohol or drugs before anyone pipes up.

Could this be vertigo? Is it worth booking an appointment with the doctor?
    Change of diet ,low blood pressure ,lack of salt ?

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Go and see your GP then come back and let us know what the doc says. Don't go on advice from unqualified people who you only know as supporters of the same football team.
    I SECOND THAT

I don't get these any other time, say I lie down for an extended period and get up for something, I'll be fine.

Caught me off guard for the first time Tuesday so instead of just sitting down like you think you would in that situation I just stumbled about upstairs trying to get myself ready for work.

Do you ask your GP about what is City's best line-up?

Banned

And, instead of going to a doc, you came here?

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Sounds like you have postural hypotension....sudden drop in blood pressure after standing up. My dad suffers from a chronic condition where he suddenly loses BP, goes beyond dizzy into a faint and has been known to fall and hit his head or fall and present as no longer breathing. I say "present" as the paramedics, who attended him on several occasions, reckoned he could be breathing but very shallow. In my books if your BP is 40 odd over 20 odd and the chest isn't rising and falling and there is no sign of air going in and out.....you've stopped breathing and its CPR time.
    What's causing hypotension is another matter. Get it checked ASAP. You could go for months with nothing happening, forget about it and then regret it.
    I don't plan on letting it go or forgetting about it, just doing it tomorrow instead of today.

I used to faint in school 20 years ago always in assembly bunched up all hot..

I hope your dad is ok, that sounds horrible to live with.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    And, instead of going to a doc, you came here?
    I dont mind beans touching my egg. Not sure why people get so pent up about it really.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Do you ask your GP about what is City's best line-up?
    Did you shag any of them female campers?

Banned

I dont mind beans touching my egg. Not sure why people get so pent up about it really.
    Nor me.

Did you shag any of them female campers?
    Poor grammar, old fruit.

Banned

Poor grammar, old fruit.
    You shagged their grandma because you like old fruit?

Poor grammar, old fruit.
    Take that as a no. Bender.

Could this be vertigo? I think you can answer your own question as vertigo is a very specific experience!!
    Go and see your doctor who will tell you what he “thinks” It is....
    Then go and see a good physio who will tell you what it actually is..and most likely be able to treat you effectively in less than 10 minutes.
    Bppv.

Take that as a no. Bender.
    I thought that disparaging people's sexual leanings was old hat these days.

I thought that disparaging people's sexual leanings was old hat these days.
    I suppose it can be if you let it bother you.

I say carry on as normal.

Someone will be offended however you conduct yourself.

I don't plan on letting it go or forgetting about it, just doing it tomorrow instead of today.

I used to faint in school 20 years ago always in assembly bunched up all hot..

I hope your dad is ok, that sounds horrible to live with.
    Dad is 92 next week and now bed ridden as he is likely to keel over if he gets up, despite being on blood pressure tablets. He seems content enough now he is in care.

What did your doc say?

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Dad is 92 next week and now bed ridden as he is likely to keel over if he gets up, despite being on blood pressure tablets. He seems content enough now he is in care.

What did your doc say?
    Got cut off yesterday after spending ages on hold and got through today to a receptionist who couldn't hear me then said they had no appointments for 2 weeks and made a fuss of not being able to hear me when I asked for an emergency one, or for them to contact me when someone cancels.

Will try again tomorrow as I know the receptionist is off but I've been fine this week, but it's still got to be sorted.

I didn't picture your dad being that old, that's some age!!