+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Keep having dizzy spells where I am also unsteady on my feet, when waking up in the morning.

Keep having dizzy spells where I am also unsteady on my feet, when waking up in the morning.

I don't get these any other time, say I lie down for an extended period and get up for something, I'll be fine.

Caught me off guard for the first time Tuesday so instead of just sitting down like you think you would in that situation I just stumbled about upstairs trying to get myself ready for work.

No alcohol or drugs before anyone pipes up.

Could this be vertigo? Is it worth booking an appointment with the doctor?

Re: Keep having dizzy spells where I am also unsteady on my feet, when waking up in the morning.

Have you taken your blood pressure?

Re: Keep having dizzy spells where I am also unsteady on my feet, when waking up in the morning.

Could be a problem with your inner ear,had a bad problem with my sinuses and used to get dizzy if i bend over to pick things up.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Have you taken your blood pressure?
    No, but everything seems fine, apart from when I get up in the morning and have spells of dizziness. Doesn't affect me exercising or being at work, even when at height.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Could be a problem with your inner ear,had a bad problem with my sinuses and used to get dizzy if i bend over to pick things up.
    Have a history of earaches (not for a couple of years thank ****) this could well be a factor. Although I don't have issues working at height or bending down and back up..strange one hence the post!!

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I don't get these any other time, say I lie down for an extended period and get up for something, I'll be fine.

Caught me off guard for the first time Tuesday so instead of just sitting down like you think you would in that situation I just stumbled about upstairs trying to get myself ready for work.

No alcohol or drugs before anyone pipes up.

Could this be vertigo? Is it worth booking an appointment with the doctor?
    It’s the fluid in your ears.

It acts like a spirit level, but sometimes it goes awry.

This is not a joke, I suffer from it.
    Try these simple exercises to clear it up.

Sit down, stand up, sit down stand up, repeat about 30 times.

Then turn 180 degrees, then turn the other way again repeat about 20 times

Hopefully the fluid will right itself

This is not a joke, I have to do it myself

It might be on tinternet, but I’m not joking

How old are you? Sounds like loss of blood pressure. Heart murmur?

Could be dehydration. This can lead to dizziness when waking up.
    Make sure you drink plenty of water several hours before going to sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

Here you are

https://www.google.co.uk/search?clie...ce+in+the+ears

I love the fact that you've had to say 3 times that you're not joking

Go and see your GP then come back and let us know what the doc says. Don't go on advice from unqualified people who you only know as supporters of the same football team.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    or worse possibly.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Could be dehydration. This can lead to dizziness when waking up.
    Make sure you drink plenty of water several hours before going to sleep.
    Then he’ll be up pissing all night.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Staggering about the place , making a mess.

I didn't think you'd be joking on a serious thread Tony! Even if I am a bit of a bastard at times

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I love the fact that you've had to say 3 times that you're not joking
    I do tend to have the occasional pop at old Tony don't I, so I can't blame him!!

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Go and see your GP then come back and let us know what the doc says. Don't go on advice from unqualified people who you only know as supporters of the same football team.
    I'll be phoning Monday first thing, obviously I won't be taking anything off here or Google as gospel, but it's good to put feelers out there and people usually have had similar experiences.

That's what the mattress is for. Need those 8 hours. Only idiots wake up to pee and lose out on sleep time.

Which is why I said 'several hours' before. Plenty of time to have a good pee before hitting the sack.
    If you went out for a few beers in the evening does it mean you'd be "up pissing all night"?

Any UpDaTe on this ???

Any UpDaTe on this ???
    Not had time to call the doctor (posting here is quicker than the queue they keep you in :hehe) but good news is I've not had any today but I'll definitely be following it up.

Had work stuff/training to sort today that I ranked more important to sort

Mate.don't take this the wrong way but BUT FECKING MAKE TIME.Have you got a partner/wife and/or dependents? If so have you told them? If not very selfish of you Don't let work or more important stuff as you put it get in the way because it ain't more important.How old did you day you were 38?You need to sort it yesterday.

I've got 2 relatives in the ground because they couldn't be arsed/too busy to sort what they thought could wait.

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    Mate.don't take this the wrong way but BUT FECKING MAKE TIME.Have you got a partner/wife and/or dependents? If so have you told them? If not very selfish of you Don't let work or more important stuff as you put it get in the way because it ain't more important.How old did you day you were 38?You need to sort it yesterday.

I've got 2 relatives in the ground because they couldn't be arsed/too busy to sort what they thought could wait.
    Woke up fine today hence not rushing to call the doctor. If I was the same as previous day's it would have been the first thing I did.

I was up and out this morning, needed to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Not had time to call the doctor (posting here is quicker than the queue they keep you in :hehe) but good news is I've not had any today but I'll definitely be following it up.

Had work stuff/training to sort today that I ranked more important to sort
    Sounds like you have postural hypotension....sudden drop in blood pressure after standing up. My dad suffers from a chronic condition where he suddenly loses BP, goes beyond dizzy into a faint and has been known to fall and hit his head or fall and present as no longer breathing. I say "present" as the paramedics, who attended him on several occasions, reckoned he could be breathing but very shallow. In my books if your BP is 40 odd over 20 odd and the chest isn't rising and falling and there is no sign of air going in and out.....you've stopped breathing and its CPR time.
    What's causing hypotension is another matter. Get it checked ASAP. You could go for months with nothing happening, forget about it and then regret it.