+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Have you ever done a personal fitness profile ? Worth a go

Have you ever done a personal fitness profile ? Worth a go

Devised by Jim Gavin

It basically matches your personality , motivation , character etc to exercise and tries to guide you to physical activity you are going to stick to .

When I was younger I played football , rugby , cricket , 5 a side , messed about with martial arts and swam a lot , tried to play golf but was crap at it

Self motivation ......none of that so jogging , cycling and weight training is out

Aggression........was when I was younger so team sports , martial arts , squash , tennis etc , weight training is out

Risk taking .....no chance so adventure sports like skiing , martial arts , mountain biking are out

Football , rugby , cricket , 5 a side , too old for all that and it fecks up my ankle

Jogging , no chance with my ankle

Cycling no way am I going to dress up in black latex in the middle of winter like a gimp in the driving rain and wind

Gym ........go to gym , get changed , warm up , do all the exercises , shower , change back into day clothes , come home .......oh and you have to time it so you are not exercising on a full stomach..bollocks to that

Martial arts , minimum of 2 , 2 hour training sessions a week ......no motivation .....sod that .....and my ankle

Mountain biking , too bloody dangerous

So my fitness profile is ......

Walking , free , get a bit wet in winter but no hassle

Dumbells and press ups at home

Tai chi , yoga, pilates ........seriously outnumbered by lycra clad women there so a great bonus

Exercise classes at the gym ......circuits, mixed aerobics, my kind of workout

I used to get up at 6 am every day , go to the pool , swim a mile , shower , come home , 5 days a week

Sod that messing about , stick on a pair of trainers and go for a walk , just in your trainers if that's your thing

My nephew who is 27 , is out on his road bike , one of three hes got , three times a week, no wonder him and his girlfriend never see each other , he even cycles to work , got knocked over last year , sod that .

Re: Have you ever done a personal fitness profile ? Worth a go

Anyone ever tried nordic walking ?

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Anyone ever tried nordic walking ?
    I used to work with a couple of Finns who fell about laughing when I suggested that Nordic Walking looked like hard aerobic work. They said it was like cross country running in school in the UK.
    They’d all set off together and soon as they were out of sight they’d hide in some trees and light up the fags until it was time to head back

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    I used to work with a couple of Finns who fell about laughing when I suggested that Nordic Walking looked like hard aerobic work. They said it was like cross country running in school in the UK.
    They’d all set off together and soon as they were out of sight they’d hide in some trees and light up the fags until it was time to head back
    I would like to give it a go but the fields round here are all covered in dog shit

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Devised by Jim Gavin

It basically matches your personality , motivation , character etc to exercise and tries to guide you to physical activity you are going to stick to .

When I was younger I played football , rugby , cricket , 5 a side , messed about with martial arts and swam a lot , tried to play golf but was crap at it

Self motivation ......none of that so jogging , cycling and weight training is out

Aggression........was when I was younger so team sports , martial arts , squash , tennis etc , weight training is out

Risk taking .....no chance so adventure sports like skiing , martial arts , mountain biking are out

Football , rugby , cricket , 5 a side , too old for all that and it fecks up my ankle

Jogging , no chance with my ankle

Cycling no way am I going to dress up in black latex in the middle of winter like a gimp in the driving rain and wind

Gym ........go to gym , get changed , warm up , do all the exercises , shower , change back into day clothes , come home .......oh and you have to time it so you are not exercising on a full stomach..bollocks to that

Martial arts , minimum of 2 , 2 hour training sessions a week ......no motivation .....sod that .....and my ankle

Mountain biking , too bloody dangerous

So my fitness profile is ......

Walking , free , get a bit wet in winter but no hassle

Dumbells and press ups at home

Tai chi , yoga, pilates ........seriously outnumbered by lycra clad women there so a great bonus

Exercise classes at the gym ......circuits, mixed aerobics, my kind of workout

I used to get up at 6 am every day , go to the pool , swim a mile , shower , come home , 5 days a week

Sod that messing about , stick on a pair of trainers and go for a walk , just in your trainers if that's your thing

My nephew who is 27 , is out on his road bike , one of three hes got , three times a week, no wonder him and his girlfriend never see each other , he even cycles to work , got knocked over last year , sod that .
    Sludge, why don't you try out a high intensity fat burning workout, usually last 20 minutes and if done to your best ability will burn the calories and raise your fitness levels. Plenty of them on youtube. It doesn't matter if you only last three minutes on the first hit, as long as you progress over time. They're free, you don't have to leave the house and they're quick, more importantly, they work. You can still do the walking and free weights in between. I resent paying for the privilege to exercise.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Sludge, why don't you try out a high intensity fat burning workout, usually last 20 minutes and if done to your best ability will burn the calories and raise your fitness levels. Plenty of them on youtube. It doesn't matter if you only last three minutes on the first hit, as long as you progress over time. They're free, you don't have to leave the house and they're quick, more importantly, they work. You can still do the walking and free weights in between. I resent paying for the privilege to exercise.
    Actually, you can leave the house, just take the phone to the park with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Actually, you can leave the house, just take the phone to the park with you.
    Cant I just just do circuit training with dumbells ?