+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Johnson sacked!

Re: Johnson sacked!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueToujours View Post
    That was quick!
    From pre match chatter, and him not doing the pre match press conference , writing was on the wall before today's game me thinks ??

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    "Bristol City head coach Lee Johnson says he wants the club to play Europa League football within five years" (2016)

Well he's gonna be at least two years out

It was meant to read "Bristol City head coach Lee Johnson says he wants the club to play Europa League football on his X Box "

Re: Lee Johnson sacked

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Probably right. If a club brings in Warnock then everything else has failed. (It's a bit like grand design, that poncy bollocks programme that features white middle class people who have had enough of making loads of cash in the city out of poor peoples misery, and decide to build an 'eco' house miles from anyone and pretend it's not a vanity project) I digress..... These people always start out with the intention of using bio degradable, sustainable, locally sourced products (Bristol City) But soon realise that it doesn't always work out that well and costs a fortune (Lee Johnson) and end up binning their 'Eco' 'Environmentalist' philosophies for 50 tonne of concrete and cement based roof tiles (Neil and Blackie) It's always funny to watch...
    For all this talk of "identity and philosophy", I thought we played far better football than Bristol today. They looked lost until they started lumping it which they seemed far more comfortable doing

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    Did a good job for them in fairness, clearly not good enough to make them a play off regular though.
    He’s the biggest myth outside of the Premier League.

Deluded twat was still banging on about philosophy after the match when we played the better football, especially first half, and the combination play 2nd half for the Will Vaulks chance would have graced any level. Shame the finish didnt. And the goal, super stuff. Great drive forward and pass from Tomlin and superb finish by Ward.

If we had a decent striker up top not a utility player who thinks he’s better than he is then we would be a very good side. Organised, aggressive, hardworking and today at times we showed we can play a bit.

Have we got enough to go to up? Probably not but for once the pressure / expectation isn’t on us to get promoted such is the late run at it.

Onward and upward

Neil Harris Barmy Army

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    He’s the biggest myth outside of the Premier League.

Deluded twat was still banging on about philosophy after the match when we played the better football, especially first half, and the combination play 2nd half for the Will Vaulks chance would have graced any level. Shame the finish didnt. And the goal, super stuff. Great drive forward and pass from Tomlin and superb finish by Ward.

If we had a decent striker up top not a utility player who thinks he’s better than he is then we would be a very good side. Organised, aggressive, hardworking and today at times we showed we can play a bit.

Have we got enough to go to up? Probably not but for once the pressure / expectation isn’t on us to get promoted such is the late run at it.

Onward and upward

Neil Harris Barmy Army
    I agree he's a knobhead, way too elitist cause he coaches a certain way and had Pep hanging out of his arse a few years ago. Thought they were poor today and poor at the CCS, surprisingly a lot of hoof ball despite how much their fans banged on about Warnock's football when we appointed him.

Still he did well to take them from fighting relegation to competing for the play offs over the past few years but I'd take Harris over him any day of the week, Lee has way too high of an opinion on himself despite his average career

I agree he's a knobhead, way too elitist cause he coaches a certain way and had Pep hanging out of his arse a few years ago. Thought they were poor today and poor at the CCS, surprisingly a lot of hoof ball despite how much their fans banged on about Warnock's football when we appointed him.

Still he did well to take them from fighting relegation to competing for the play offs over the past few years but I'd take Harris over him any day of the week, Lee has way too high of an opinion on himself despite his average career
    Preston and today we have certainly played more football. (didnt see Charlton)

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I'm actually surprised at how decent our football has been at times since he came in. Millwall fans made out like he was Warnock on steroids

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    You had a lucky escape Charlton game was dire

Funny how Bristol City got Warnock sacked after beating us away and Cardiff City got Johnson sacked after beating them away!

I'm actually surprised at how decent our football has been at times since he came in. Millwall fans made out like he was Warnock on steroids
    It's been quite a transformation by Harris. Players who I thought couldn't pass a ball (notably Morrison and Nelson) actually proved me wrong. You can see the self-belief coming back into many of the players' game. Well done Harris and your coaching team!

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    Funny how Bristol City got Warnock sacked after beating us away and Cardiff City got Johnson sacked after beating them away!
    Just shows how much this derby means to both clubs, when you lose its like being knifed in the heart.

Thought they were poor today and poor at the CCS, surprisingly a lot of hoof ball
    When we won promotion 2 seasons ago, Bristol City hit more long balls than we did.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    I just posted something similar. Wonder if that has happened before?