+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How has it got to this?

How has it got to this?

https://youtu.be/iGUGGgoEloM

Last night in White city London.
    How can we have situations like this where riot police are having to retreat whilst having all sorts thrown at them, by cowardly arseholes covered up in hoodies.?

Re: How has it got to this?

but Black Lives Matter

doesnt look like a PSU in sight at the start, then it looks like a few arrived for the 2nd go

Quote Originally Posted by alan_corneli View Post
    but Black Lives Matter
    What's it got to do with the black lives matter protest ?

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    https://youtu.be/iGUGGgoEloM

Last night in White city London.
    How can we have situations like this where riot police are having to retreat whilst having all sorts thrown at them, by cowardly arseholes covered up in hoodies.?
    Public order situations have always been like this

The miners strike

Football disorder

Brixton , toxteth , st Paul's, Tottenham riots

Ely riots in cardiff

Not saying it's right and any person that is caught on camera throwing a missile is looking at a stretch but things have always been like this

The last time this country really went up in smoke was 2011

They're not riot police.

but Black Lives Matter
    Shut up you daft racist.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    They're not riot police.
    Ok. But they are police. Is that an excuse for this sort of behaviour? You've got to be nuts to want to join the force In modern day UK. You're on a hiding to nothing from day one.

Shut up you daft racist.
    I am NOT a racist. All I'm trying to say is, don't ALL lives matter.

Capital letters don’t hide your bigotry!

what's that, or black lives matter got to do with a thread about an illegal rave though?

I am NOT a racist.
    Sure you're not. You've convinced me. It was obviously just a coincidence that you linked a disturbance at a party in West London to the Black Lives Matter movement.....

Ok. But they are police. Is that an excuse for this sort of behaviour?
    Your heading says "how has it got to this?" as if the notion of a group of policemen backing away from a rowdy bunch of thugs is a new development.

All I can imagine is you haven't been to many City away games over the years if you've never witnessed this sort of behaviour before.

Your heading says "how has it got to this?" as if the notion of a group of policemen backing away from a rowdy bunch of thugs is a new development.

All I can imagine is you haven't been to many City away games over the years if you've never witnessed this sort of behaviour before.
    Ok. You've dissected my thread title, and maybe rightly so, as i should have worded it better.
    So lets try this one. What is the answer to disgraceful situations like this, as they continue to happen.?
    P.s your quip about not being at many City away games is a moot point, as I've probably been to as many as you, if not more, as I'm older, but lets not dwell on that 😁

Ok. You've dissected my thread title, and maybe rightly so, as i should have worded it better.
    So lets try this one. What is the answer to disgraceful situations like this, as they continue to happen.?
    P.s your quip about not being at many City away games is a moot point, as I've probably been to as many as you, if not more, as I'm older, but lets not dwell on that 😁
    I meant to add, backing away is one thing, but having bricks and missiles thrown at you as you are backing away is both idiotic total lawlessness. Whats the answer to it?

I meant to add, backing away is one thing, but having bricks and missiles thrown at you as you are backing away is both idiotic total lawlessness. Whats the answer to it?
    I don’t suppose there is an answer, throughout history some folk behave and some people act like dicks, it’s nothing new, doubt it’ll ever change.

Are you suggesting it's worse than it has ever been?

I'm 53 years of age. I first became aware of incidents like this in the mid-Seventies when I was about 7 or 8. They have been happening ever since, whether it be at football matches, demonstrations, raves or pretty much any other kind of public gathering.

What's the answer? I've no idea. Human beings are idiotic, violent, destructive creatures. Always have been and I'd guess we always will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Are you suggesting it's worse than it has ever been?
    FFS!!!! Whats the matter with folk like you Eric. You're always trying to be argumentative.
    Im not suggesting anything.
    What i am saying, is once again, we see scenes like last night( maybe we are seeing it more now because of members of the public filming it and downloading it), and once again the mindless participants are ruling the streets.
    Why don't you try to think of a solution, or some sort of compromise, or some positive input instead of being the usual smart arse you come across as?

Better police training and equipment, our "riot police" couldn't handle a proper riot

when you come out of loftus road and they send you right , there's always a welcoming mob appear from the estate on your right...that's where it all kicked off yesterday

That's obvious, even a 5 year old knows that but I think the BLM campaign is trying to suggest that Black people have not been included in ALL. Don't worry, you don't appear to be the only one who has failed to understand the message.

FFS!!!! Whats the matter with folk like you Eric. You're always trying to be argumentative. Im not suggesting anything.
    Methinks thou doth protest too much.

You're having a bit of a 'mare in this thread. You started by asking a stupid question while presenting this situation as a new development, which it obviously isn't. It's the sort of thing that's been going on for decades. So what was your motivation, I wonder? Very curious.

FFS!!!! Whats the matter with folk like you Eric. You're always trying to be argumentative.
    Im not suggesting anything.
    What i am saying, is once again, we see scenes like last night( maybe we are seeing it more now because of members of the public filming it and downloading it), and once again the mindless participants are ruling the streets.
    Why don't you try to think of a solution, or some sort of compromise, or some positive input instead of being the usual smart arse you come across as?
    Well they are not ruling the streets , we will always have pockets of disorder , they have them in germany , france etc

The last time this country was out of control was the 2011 riots when various parts of london , birmingham , liverpool and manchester went up in smoke

As for the police putting up with this and being on a hiding to nothing they are trained for public disorder , all police forces have riot training where they are kitted up in riot clothing whilst other coppers chuck missiles at them and petrol bombs

It's part of the job in the same way arresting someone with a load of heroin deals on them is , attending a domestic violence call , armed officers tracking down violent suspects etc

Seen worse outside Niniian Park, Bristol
    Christmas 2001 and Stoke a few months later.