+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How has it got to this?

Re: How has it got to this?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    What's it got to do with the black lives matter protest ?
    I know it called white city , was it a predominantly a white party event then? I really at looked at it , as most of the black parties to be fair are in black communities in London ,and i do think black lives matter and I hope the organizers and attendees think the same .

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    Seen worse outside Niniian Park, Bristol
    Christmas 2001 and Stoke a few months later.
    To be fair and me Man u game and the Scottish invasion in 85 was something to be behold ,guess were all guilty at the time of enjoying it , even though we went home bloodied .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I know it called white city , was it a predominantly a white party event then? I really at looked at it , as most of the black parties to be fair are in black communities in London ,and i do think black lives matter and I hope the organizers and attendees think the same .
    I have no idea what you are talking about

The video was of a disturbance between people who were at a party and the police who were clearly called because it was pissing people off

It clearly got out of hand and the police retreated and eventually sent in with riot gear on

The original poster said how had things come to this ?

Then alan from Cornelly said .......because black lives matter

What on earth the black lives matter protest .....which he clearly doesnt agree with .....has to do with a gang of drunk party goers attacking the police is baffling

International

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    The area now called White City was level arable farmfields until 1908, when it was used as the site of the Franco-British Exhibition and the 1908 Summer Olympics. In 1909 the exhibition site hosted the Imperial International Exhibition and in 1910, the Japan-British Exhibition. The final two exhibitions to be held there were the Latin-British Exhibition (1912) and the Anglo-American Exhibition (1914), which was brought to a premature end by the outbreak of the First World War.[2] During this period it was known as the Great White City due to the white marble cladding used on the exhibition pavilions, and hence gave its name to this part of Shepherd's Bush.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Methinks thou doth protest too much.

You're having a bit of a 'mare in this thread. You started by asking a stupid question while presenting this situation as a new development, which it obviously isn't. It's the sort of thing that's been going on for decades. So what was your motivation, I wonder? Very curious.
    What the hell are you going on about ? We aren’t in court here spider boy. your’e not some top end lawyer cross examining me😁
    I’ve admitted i worded it wrongly. I know scenes like this have been happening for yrs, i just feel angry and sickened by it every time i see it.
    I was more looking for other posters input on ways of dealing with it. Thats all. Has it transferred from the football to normal life now? You know. A bit of discussion .No ulterior motive. You’ve already said your not sure what the answer is.
    If your input was just to make me look a fool, then i hope you got what you wanted. 👍

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    What the hell are you going on about ? We aren’t in court here spider boy. your’e not some top end lawyer cross examining me��
    I’ve admitted i worded it wrongly. I know scenes like this have been happening for yrs, i just feel angry and sickened by it every time i see it.
    I was more looking for other posters input on ways of dealing with it. Thats all. Has it transferred from the football to normal life now? You know. A bit of discussion .No ulterior motive. You’ve already said your not sure what the answer is.
    If your input was just to make me look a fool, then i hope you got what you wanted. ��
    As a neutral observer I can confirm that he did

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    Seen worse outside Niniian Park, Bristol
    Christmas 2001 and Stoke a few months later.
    I think most Older football supporters have. It doesn’t justify it though does it?
    Have you got any ideas how it could be better dealt with?

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Well he’ll obviously feel good about himself then wont he.👍

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I disagree he did a great job on his own.

I think it's legitimate to suggest that some of the more extreme elements of the BLM organisations demands could increase the likelihood of bad behaviour towards the police.

A look at the BLM UK twitter page shows that they suggest defunding/abolishing the police. They are also trying to Stoke up bad feeling towards the uk police.

There have been attacks against police at lots of the blm demos (admittedly by a very small minority).

When hatred and mistrust of the police are being actively formented by a high profile organisation. Its not completely mental to question if this has an impact on events like the one in question.

It may or may not have been linked. But the scummier elements of society are more likely to be emboldened if they feel like they have the support of the community

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    I think it's legitimate to suggest that some of the more extreme elements of the BLM organisations demands could increase the likelihood of bad behaviour towards the police.

A look at the BLM UK twitter page shows that they suggest defunding/abolishing the police. They are also trying to Stoke up bad feeling towards the uk police.

There have been attacks against police at lots of the blm demos (admittedly by a very small minority).

When hatred and mistrust of the police are being actively formented by a high profile organisation. Its not completely mental to question if this has an impact on events like the one in question.

It may or may not have been linked. But the scummier elements of society are more likely to be emboldened if they feel like they have the support of the community
    It was the local community that shopped the party goers , it seems the community supported the police

Who are 'they' exactly?

[QUOTE=

It may or may not have been linked. But the scummier elements of society are more likely to be emboldened if they feel like they have the support of the community[/QUOTE]

Yeh I agree the community shouldn't support the police that act like fashists.

Who are 'they' exactly?

Well it's not hard to work out is it. I'm talking about the Twitter page BlMuk , so I mean the organisation BLMuk

[QUOTE=insider;5094549]Yeh I agree the community shouldn't support the police that act like fashists.[/QUOT
    So the police in this country are fascists 😂😂

Well it's not hard to work out is it. I'm talking about the Twitter page BlMuk , so I mean the organisation BLMuk
    Fair enough. Perhaps you can provide links to Twitter posts from the organisation BLM UK that suggest de-funding or abolishing the police? I'd certainly like to read them.

Fair enough. Perhaps you can provide links to Twitter posts from the organisation BLM UK that suggest de-funding or abolishing the police? I'd certainly like to read them.
    Just go on to their Twitter page, they are pretty prominent on there. Its @ukblm the address .

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    FFS!!!! Whats the matter with folk like you Eric. You're always trying to be argumentative.
    Im not suggesting anything.
    What i am saying, is once again, we see scenes like last night( maybe we are seeing it more now because of members of the public filming it and downloading it), and once again the mindless participants are ruling the streets.
    Why don't you try to think of a solution, or some sort of compromise, or some positive input instead of being the usual smart arse you come across as?
    It was a genuine question. I was curious to find out if you felt things were getting more out of control or whether things are just the same as they always have been, where unfortunately riots do occur from time to time. TLG's response about humans being idiotic, violent creatures (some anyway) summed things up perfectly. What can be done about it? Not a lot.

[QUOTE=chrisp_1927;5094562]
    Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Yeh I agree the community shouldn't support the police that act like fashists.[/QUOT
    So the police in this country are fascists ����
    That's not what Insider said.

If I said to someone they are acting like an idiot, I haven't called them an idiot. Useful lesson.

Yeh I agree the community shouldn't support the police that act like fashists.
    There’s a slight irony in you calling me foolish, then spelling “Fascists” as you did.

[QUOTE=chrisp_1927;5094562]
    Yeh I agree the community shouldn't support the police that act like fashists.[/QUOT
    So the police in this country are fascists 😂😂
    Well a minority of them are

[QUOTE=SLUDGE FACTORY;5094689]

Well a minority of them are
    Yes a minority of them are. we agree on that. But that's not what insider was saying in hs presumably drunken couple of sentences. Seems like he's implying that all police are fascist

[QUOTE=Eric the Half a Bee;5094666]

That's not what Insider said.

If I said to someone they are acting like an idiot, I haven't called them an idiot. Useful lesson.
    I'm sorry but that's utter bollocks. My post wasnt particularly extreme in any way. He chose to drop in a police fascists response. It was a brainless message, perfectly summed up by his crappy spelling. Not quite sure why you feel the need to jump in on his behalf and provide 'a lesson'