+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 443 or 442.

443 or 442.

Patterson and NML can and have been match winners.
    Both work hard.
    But both often struggle to make a good enough contribution and NML even on a good day loses his way.
    NML seems to perform better as a sub.

Hoilett has a good few games but took some knocks on Saturday and visibly tired leading to mistakes.

I guess most of the players will now be feeling the strain of so many games.

i,d like to see Ward start on Tuesday and to see Murphy and Whyte get a enough time to threaten the defence with pace.

But do we go 443 to include two wingers or 442 to bring in Tomlin.

I would not want to disrupt the Bacuna, Ralls, Vaulks unit by leaving one out.

Re: 443 or 442.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    Patterson and NML can and have been match winners.
    Both work hard.
    But both often struggle to make a good enough contribution and NML even on a good day loses his way.
    NML seems to perform better as a sub.

Hoilett has a good few games but took some knocks on Saturday and visibly tired leading to mistakes.

I guess most of the players will now be feeling the strain of so many games.

i,d like to see Ward start on Tuesday and to see Murphy and Whyte get a enough time to threaten the defence with pace.

But do we go 443 to include two wingers or 442 to bring in Tomlin.

I would not want to disrupt the Bacuna, Ralls, Vaulks unit by leaving one out.
    To be honest, I think trying to sneak an extra player on to the field might be spotted by officials

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    To be honest, I think trying to sneak an extra player on to the field might be spotted by officials
    We'll be attavking so much that we won't need a keeper.

4-4-3 every time.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    4-4-3 every time.
    5-4-2 with wingbacks, a diamond in midfield, and two pacy strikers. Would murder anyone playing 442, 443, 532, or 541

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    5-4-2 with wingbacks, a diamond in midfield, and two pacy strikers. Would murder anyone playing 442, 443, 532, or 541
    What about 4-3-4? Two wingers, a striker and a number 10 in front of 3 in centre midfield.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    What about 4-3-4? Two wingers, a striker and a number 10 in front of 3 in centre midfield.
    I like it, a nice variation on the 4-5-2 formation that, I believe, Hungary used during the Mighty Magyar days that transformed the game beyond recognition. Foolishly, before then, teams often played 2-3-6 meaning defenders were constantly outnumbered. Of course, when Wolves came here and won 9-1, they were eventually playing 0-3-8 such was their dominance that day, but there is no way I would suggest we should play any of those formations.

I like your idea, could we get Ward and Glatzel on the pitch at the same time?