+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Ward goal.

Re: The Ward goal.

Of the current 3 options we have I think we need to start with Paterson. Ward and Glatzel have not really shown very much when they’ve started up front and the other side of the coin is Paterson wouldn’t have the same impact as the other two coming off the bench in the 70th minute

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    Aside from being so vital was one of the best we have seen for a while.
    Technically perfect, a first time touch, instinctive and from a player who had only just come on.

It also shows what goal scorers can do when the ball is on the ground and in they can run onto it.
    It was a good finish but Tomlin’s contribution was more telling: he immediately wants to go forward (are you watching Marlon Pack) and released the ball for Ward at the perfect time with the perfect weight on the pass thereby making up Ward’s mind almost instinctively to hit it first time.

He makes it look so simple but that assist was tricky and helped Ward so much.

Lovely stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Read Harris comments on BBC. "Ward scores because of the hard work put in for 79 minutes by Callum"

More like they knew where the previous striker was running (or not) and got caught off guard when his replacement ran like a striker does into a position strikers do.

This battering ram theory is winding me up.

Ward scores because of striker instincts. Get ****ed.
    Pato got in 3 really dangerous positions against Bristol and just didn’t come off. One was inches away

NML can’t cross
    Bennett can’t cross

We’re not getting the right balls in the right areas for Pato to attack if he’s being used as a attacker

As much as I like Ralls I think he has to take more responsibility as Vaulks and Bacuna are doing the donkey work but I’m not criticising him as he has been really good

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Pato got in 3 really dangerous positions against Bristol and just didn’t come off. One was inches away

NML can’t cross
    Bennett can’t cross

We’re not getting the right balls in the right areas for Pato to attack if he’s being used as a attacker

As much as I like Ralls I think he has to take more responsibility as Vaulks and Bacuna are doing the donkey work but I’m not criticising him as he has been really good
    I think the last paragraph is debatable as well. Ralls is doing enough of his own donkey work. I reckon if they showed the stats for minutes on the pitch he covers the most ground in our team. He cant be turned into a playmaker hes a box to box midfielder. If we want more creativity Tomlin comes in. 1 drops out. Probably Vaulks.

What was the significance of “25” under his shirt ????

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I think the last paragraph is debatable as well. Ralls is doing enough of his own donkey work. I reckon if they showed the stats for minutes on the pitch he covers the most ground in our team. He cant be turned into a playmaker hes a box to box midfielder. If we want more creativity Tomlin comes in. 1 drops out. Probably Vaulks.
    So basically defend until we can get Tomlin on

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    It was a good finish but Tomlin’s contribution was more telling: he immediately wants to go forward (are you watching Marlon Pack) and released the ball for Ward at the perfect time with the perfect weight on the pass thereby making up Ward’s mind almost instinctively to hit it first time.

Lovely stuff.
    We went backwards quite often Saturday too. Without Pack on the pitch

Paterson for me is so underrated in what he does. Particularly when the CBs are not quick on the ball. He’s not there to score goals he’s there to open up space, push teams back, force them into early decisions. He presses so well that he does the job of 2 when we don’t have the ball. Bobby Firminho doesn’t need to score every game as the goals come from the wing and midfield.

We’re not set up to use a out and out strikers. The way we play it’s not a major issue that Pato doesn’t score so long as the midfield pushes up straight away. The problem is no one except Hoilett can strike a ball well.

He’s not a striker. Agreed but we wouldn’t be where we are without him.
    Bobby firminho can pass.

Bobby firminho can pass.
    Bobby Firminho is a champions league and premier league winner.

Expecting a 30 goals a season just because were Playing balls to the feet of strikers with 2 defenders on him because our midfield can’t keep up offensively is pointless in my opinion

Bobby Firminho is a champions league and premier league winner.

Playing balls to the feet of strikers with 2 defenders on him because our midfield can’t keep up offensively is pointless in my opinion
    He is.

I was just working with what I had to reply to, I didn't bring Bobby up

So basically defend until we can get Tomlin on
    Have you actually watched our games? We aren't sitting back and waiting for Tomlin. We scored 2-0 vs Leeds without him and went ahead vs PNE. Sure he opened up PNE and Bristol but our tactics don't change.

We went backwards quite often Saturday too. Without Pack on the pitch
    I can’t say I noticed especially.

But not as often as we would have if Pack had been on the pitch. Duh.

I can’t say I noticed especially.

But not as often as we would have if Pack had been on the pitch. Duh.
    It stood out for me, was more to retain possession and recycle the ball.

Lovely stuff.
    Yes. McPhail/Chopra like.

I’ll ask again, in case people haven’t gone to page 1.

What was the significance of showing the “25” on the shirt underneath his top ????

Or am I missing something ??

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

What was the significance of showing the “25” on the shirt underneath his top ????

Pretty sure it was in relation to a footballer who died

Pretty sure it was in relation to a footballer who died
    That’s what I was thinking, but you couldn’t read the writing above, as he never pulled the shirt up high enough

That’s what I was thinking, but you couldn’t read the writing above, as he never pulled the shirt up high enough
    It said Pinnock which was the name of a footballer he played with who died a few weeks ago

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    It said Pinnock which was the name of a footballer he played with who died a few weeks ago
    I thought is was Lee Sinnott

It was... it’s been pretty well publicized

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...d-17671679.amp

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    Killed wasn't he?