+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: David Silva

David Silva

Southampton v Man City about to start and one of our last chances to see him play in the Premier League, is he the best import ever? Ten years at Man City, ten years at the top, I love watching him.

Re: David Silva

A fine player but not the best import.

Thierry Henry for me.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    A fine player but not the best import.

Thierry Henry for me.
    His legs have gone. Very good player, but Henry, Pires and his teammate kdb all a level above in my humble(and often wrong) opinion

Bit of a game this mind, wonder goal by Adams, end to end stuff, great Sunday evening entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Bit of a game this mind, wonder goal by Adams, end to end stuff, great Sunday evening entertainment.
    Cracking game of football.

What a way to open your account for the season by Adams!

Silva is great player but like so many a diving little tart

What a marvellous game, attack v defence, fantastic effort by Southampton. Games like this are why football is the greatest game in the world, any other sport a team as dominant as Man City wins, not football though. Poor old Che Adams didn’t have the chance to take the plaudits in the after match interview

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    His legs have gone. Very good player, but Henry, Pires and his teammate kdb all a level above in my humble(and often wrong) opinion
    I'd put him above Pires personally. KDB though, what a lovely football player. I think if was given the choice to be able to play like any player it'd be him

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I'd put him above Pires personally. KDB though, what a lovely football player. I think if was given the choice to be able to play like any player it'd be him
    What I love about him is how he seems to do everything as simply as possible. He seems to have the ability to do anything, however complicated. Yet he consistently picks the most direct and simplest option. Watching him on the counter attack is magical.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    What I love about him is how he seems to do everything as simply as possible. He seems to have the ability to do anything, however complicated. Yet he consistently picks the most direct and simplest option. Watching him on the counter attack is magical.
    As good as he is, he’s no Lee Tomlin”!

Henry or Ronaldo. Hard to pick between them.

That was the most enjoyable post lockdown Premier League game I've seen. Man City must have come off for the pitch wondering how they hadn't scored, but credit to Southampton for some great defending/goalkeeping and a brilliant finish for the goal - I thought their manager was a goner after the 0-9, but he's definitely got something about him.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    That was the most enjoyable post lockdown Premier League game I've seen. Man City must have come off for the pitch wondering how they hadn't scored, but credit to Southampton for some great defending/goalkeeping and a brilliant finish for the goal - I thought their manager was a goner after the 0-9, but he's definitely got something about him.
    yep I remember posting on here after the 9-0 that we should make a move for him if he became available.
    also before he got the job at RB Leipzig I said he was one to watch.

No mention of Dennis Bergkamp?

Total football and sublime.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    No mention of Dennis Bergkamp?

Total football and sublime.
    Or Eric Cantona.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Or Eric Cantona.
    Or Eddie Johnson.

...or Aguerroooooooooo

Or Eric Cantona.
    As below...

Or Eric Cantona.
    Zola too.

Cantina didn't have the longevity of Bergkamp, Henry or Silva.

Could be argued he had the biggest immediate and lasting impact on the game in the Premier League though.