+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 2 - 3 BLACKBURN ROVERS. Match thread

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 2 - 3 BLACKBURN ROVERS. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I thought the changes were reactive tonight.
    You're right. Guess I was just trying to say he was being positive, pro active probably not the way to describe it.

Hoilett needed to come off sooner and Tomlin needs more time to influence a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Glatzel's pass accuracy for the game is 53% according to whoscored.com. That's the lowest in the entire team (bar Smithies).
    That's a surprise. He seemed to find his man watching in real time.

I'd still rather what he tries to do over the other option though, he actually attempts to link up play. An example was the time he found Sanderson who was offside..I thought he made the wrong choice there though (oh no did I just criticise him)

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Maybe it's worth starting Paterson just so we can bring on someone better than him later in the game.
    Glatzel did well. Tries to bring others into the game.

I think in a game we weren't chasing we wouldn't have gambled putting Patterson out wide and lumping balls up and Tomlin and ward may have therefore been more effective.

Or start Ward and give Glatzel 20.

Either way there is no need to start Paterson up top.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    There's a thing to call me!
    Apologies

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    I agree, however, Murphy was terrible tonight and we had no one to hold the ball and play people into space. Blackburn did this all evening and were clearly the better team.
    Harris has to start Tomlin against Fulham and our defence (normally secure) will need to up their game by 70% or we will get thrashed.
    Diagonal balls into space left by our fullbacks. They adjusted tactically second half.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    But plan B, never worked.

He changed it and it didn’t work out.

We lost and we changed, plan A, which has proved to be a winning formula.

You shouldn’t change, for changing sake.
    And plan A isn't some magic formula he's found that will never fail.

****ing hell

You keep on about it like it's some magic fool proof plan we can just go out and set in place and walk off the pitch with 3 points.

Here's one for you.. that tactic involves Tomlin and a striker coming on at 0-0 and changing the game with a goal. We didn't score with that change last night? We won't always be able to keep a game to nil nil and bring on magic players to score goals.

Jesus wept.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    And plan A isn't some magic formula he's found that will never fail.

****ing hell

You keep on about it like it's some magic fool proof plan we can just go out and set in place and walk off the pitch with 3 points.

Here's one for you.. that tactic involves Tomlin and a striker coming on at 0-0 and changing the game with a goal. We didn't score with that change last night? We won't always be able to keep a game to nil nil and bring on magic players to score goals.

Jesus wept.

But it’s worked perfectly 3 times out of 3, so ALL I’m saying is “why change for changing sake”

Glatzel did well. Tries to bring others into the game.

I think in a game we weren't chasing we wouldn't have gambled putting Patterson out wide and lumping balls up and Tomlin and ward may have therefore been more effective.

Or start Ward and give Glatzel 20.

Either way there is no need to start Paterson up top

Paterson, puts himself about more, their two centre backs, wouldn’t have had the space to bring their midfielders into play, if Patts was chasing them down.
    Yes, Robert got a goal, but chasing down and being an annoying little t wat (like me ), is not his game.

But it’s worked perfectly 3 times out of 3, so ALL I’m saying is “why change for changing sake”
    Like I said. It won't always work.

Jesus nelly someone give this man his sleeping tablets FFS.

Paterson, puts himself about more, their two centre backs, wouldn’t have had the space to bring their midfielders into play, if Patts was chasing them down.
    Yes, Robert got a goal, but chasing down and being an annoying little t wat (like me ), is not his game.
    Neither is it what I want from a striker. It's a plus but there are a shit load of other things I'd look for first.

Glatzel and Ward are better than Paterson.
    That's me done on the subject.

Have your little funny last word while laughing at yourself and let's leave it there. You weird little man

Like I said. It won't always work.

Jesus nelly someone give this man his sleeping tablets FFS.

I’ve started on vitamin D and I gotta be fair, sleeping much better Now look out, as I’ve had porridge this morning as well WHAT WAS THE QUESTION AGAIN oh ah, I know it won’t always work, all I’m saying is, “until it fails, why change it”

I’ve started on vitamin D and I gotta be fair, sleeping much better Now look out, as I’ve had porridge this morning as well WHAT WAS THE QUESTION AGAIN oh ah, I know it won’t always work, all I’m saying is, “until it fails, why change it”
    I'm basically part time atm due to Covid-19 and waking up having breakfast etc is probably the best thing I can do to keep a routine and the sanity levels up.

No idea what you were rambling about sorry you weren't making much sense

I'm basically part time atm due to Covid-19 and waking up having breakfast etc is probably the best thing I can do to keep a routine and the sanity levels up.

No idea what you were rambling about sorry you weren't making much sense

1) You asked someone to give me sleeping tablets, I informed you I’ve started taking vitamin D and it’s working a treat.

2) I informed you I’d had my breakfast (forgot why)

3) I forgot what the question was

4) I looked the question up

5) I answered the question, it’s not my fault you didn’t like the answer, it’s just that you won’t admit to yourself “ that plan A has worked 3 times”

1) You asked someone to give me sleeping tablets, I informed you I’ve started taking vitamin D and it’s working a treat.

2) I informed you I’d had my breakfast (forgot why)

3) I forgot what the question was

4) I looked the question up

5) I answered the question, it’s not my fault you didn’t like the answer, it’s just that you won’t admit to yourself “ that plan A has worked 3 times”
    I think my post history will agree that it was effective. Let's not rewrite history.

I think my post history will agree that it was effective. Let's not rewrite history.
    Just come back from my daily walk, can you translate your post into Ingurlish please

Re: CARDIFF CITY v BLACKBURN ROVERS. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    Been outplayed tonight, they pressed much better than us and we couldn’t cope
    Outcoached too. Mowbray outwitted Harris.

Just come back from my daily walk, can you translate your post into Ingurlish please
    At this point you're just being an idiot

At this point you're just being an idiot

That’s not nice

That’s not nice
    The conversation was easy to follow.

The conversation was easy to follow.

In the writers head maybe, but not everyone is on the same wavelength

I honestly haven’t got a clue your getting at, quoting your posting history

The problem is all the players , apart from Ralls and Smithies were poor last night. The back were awful, Sanderson had his worst game for us, Morrison was poor, and Nelson was absolutely terrible. Bennet not too bad. Ralls and Vaulks were OK, Bacuna ok until that terrible pass. Holiett and Murphy were poor, although Murphy did make the pass for Bennett to cross for the second goal. Glatzel tried and didn't;t have the run of the ball, but did score again.

Blackburn just worked us our and did to us what we used to do to teams, close them down and stop them playing. It worked a treat. Disappointing for us but they were just the better team.

As for Tony TIT's comments, Patterson should be nowhere near a starting place, not up front anyway. unless you want someone to barge in to defenders and give away free kick and fall over a lot. And basically do nothing else. We have to start a strike there and we only now have Glatzel or Ward. Patterson has played there for most of three seasons, when we had another five strikers sat around doing nothing. We need right back for next season though. or maybe ship him off to Rangers or Celtic.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    The problem is all the players , apart from Ralls and Smithies were poor last night. The back were awful, Sanderson had his worst game for us, Morrison was poor, and Nelson was absolutely terrible. Bennet not too bad. Ralls and Vaulks were OK, Bacuna ok until that terrible pass. Holiett and Murphy were poor, although Murphy did make the pass for Bennett to cross for the second goal. Glatzel tried and didn't;t have the run of the ball, but did score again.

Blackburn just worked us our and did to us what we used to do to teams, close them down and stop them playing. It worked a treat. Disappointing for us but they were just the better team.

As for you don’t need the TONY, when you’re saying TIT’S comments, as the first T, is Tony Patterson should be nowhere near a starting place, not up front anyway. unless you want someone to barge in to defenders and give away free kick and fall over a lot. And basically do nothing else. We have to start a strike there and we only now have Glatzel or Ward. Patterson has played there for most of three seasons, when we had another five strikers sat around doing nothing. We need right back for next season though. or maybe ship him off to Rangers or Celtic.

Do you mean the comments “plan is working”

Or when I commented “I’M NOT HAPPY ABOUT IT !!!!

Read the whole thread, please

Re: CARDIFF CITY v BLACKBURN ROVERS. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Outcoached too. Mowbray outwitted Harris.
    I think that's right. Though in fairness when one team is ahead at the break there is more of a tendency for one manager to keep things the same whilst the other tweaks things. What Harris wasn't really capable of doing was positively changing things the other way around when we went behind. Though that might be more to do with tired legs and thoughts.

Only us could beat Leeds and the wurzels away then get one point from 2 easier home games.....

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Only us could beat Leeds and the wurzels away then get one point from 2 easier home games.....
    Leeds was a complete fluke (2 shots and 2 goals) and The Wurzels we’re rubbish. This is just the norm.

There is nothing in the team’s performances to suggest otherwise.