Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
Better yes

I've agreed in other posts the hard to beat method works, but I've also argued a lot of it is to do with the 3 we select in midfield. They're fit and press up the pitch.

I just won't ever justify a team with Paterson up top while I've got a hole in my arse. Danny ward didn't score on the weekend because Paterson tired out the defenders, he scored because Tomlin knew he could play that pass and ward would read it (you can't do that for Paterson can you?)

And the defenders tiring..surely Wards running can tire out defenders for 70 minutes with the added bonus of him being able to score goals and make better runs...this ALSO tiring the defenders out for our other ACTUAL striker to come on.
Calling all nerds, please help me here, “how many goals has Danny scored when he HAS STARTED ??
Paterson up top makes me want to turn my TV off.

And I would like to also argue that Neil Harris does indeed read the boards, judging by his post match comments of Paterson on Saturday, was almost like the praise he gave him was a finger up to the Paterson doubters on here

Not many, I bet you