+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 2 - 3 BLACKBURN ROVERS. Match thread

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 2 - 3 BLACKBURN ROVERS. Match thread

They build you up, all part of the Cardiff City experience.

Well, that was a downer!

Funny what difference a game makes isn't it. Before today, I looked at our fixtures and thought we would comfortably finish in the play-offs. Now I'm worried about us picking up another point.😀

Re: CARDIFF CITY v BLACKBURN ROVERS. Match thread

They were better than us, ‘nuff said

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Who is my mate?
    Thought I'd replied to the TIT

Re: CARDIFF CITY v BLACKBURN ROVERS. Match thread

No complaints our defence gave them 3 chances and they took them very poor tonight

F UCKING STICK TO PLAN A

IT WORKS

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    They were better than us, ‘nuff said
    They were. I thought before they scored their 3rd they were the better team, even if they'd scored 2 goals we could have avoided before.

Harris tried to make the changes to get the points but I think Hoilett was on a little too long to be honest, and I still think we could see Tomlin earlier as well.

Right choice to throw Paterson out on the right as well try and win some long balls. We do seem to automatically go a little longer though when he's on, although chasing the game I can see the idea behind it.

Not to be.

At least the manager is pro active in his changes.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    F UCKING STICK TO PLAN A

IT WORKS
    Really!?!

In the first half we were contained by Blackburn in what was a very open game, something we usually try to stop.
    In the second half they bossed the game and deserved all 3 points.

Plan C (if there was one) may have worked.

Still hopeful of the playoffs, and even more hopeful of a striker for next season.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    They were. I thought before they scored their 3rd they were the better team, even if they'd scored 2 goals we could have avoided before.

Harris tried to make the changes to get the points but I think Hoilett was on a little too long to be honest, and I still think we could see Tomlin earlier as well.

Right choice to throw Paterson out on the right as well try and win some long balls. We do seem to automatically go a little longer though when he's on, although chasing the game I can see the idea behind it.

Not to be.

I thought the changes were reactive tonight.

Hoilett needs a rest on Friday. He was out on his feet for most of the second half.

Quote Originally Posted by GL1Blue View Post
    Really!?!

In the first half we were contained by Blackburn in what was a very open game, something we usually try to stop.
    In the second half they bossed the game and deserved all 3 points.

Plan C (if there was one) may have worked.

Still hopeful of the playoffs, and even more hopeful of a striker for next season.
    PLAN A, 3 out of 3 wins

Changing plan A, 1 draw, 1 defeat

Don’t change for changing sake

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I thought the changes were reactive tonight.
    Agreed. They dominated the second half, but we didn't change anything until after they went 3-2 up.

Simply outplayed.

We dont do playoffs anyway guys...let’s just relax and enjoy the rest of the summer

Blackburn by far the better team but so frustrating how the goals themselves were as a result of individual mistakes or bad luck. The first hitting the post then Smithies, the second being from a deflected cross and the third being from Bacuna's hospital pass

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Hoilett needs a rest on Friday. He was out on his feet for most of the second half.
    Nigh on all of them were off the pace, no time for a decent rest either. No good moping though, the lads have to put tonight behind them, put it down to a below par one off. It’s the same intensity for everyone in this mini season, not a lot of scope for changing things, trying things etc, it’s a case of belief and battling on.

Well that worked out well, didn’t it
    He played well.

Striker choice nothing to do with their goals, bit pathetic to even suggest the result was down to our team selection.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    I agree, however, Murphy was terrible tonight and we had no one to hold the ball and play people into space. Blackburn did this all evening and were clearly the better team.
    Harris has to start Tomlin against Fulham and our defence (normally secure) will need to up their game by 70% or we will get thrashed.

He played well.

Striker choice nothing to do with their goals, bit pathetic to even suggest the result was down to our team selection.

But plan B, never worked.

He changed it and it didn’t work out.

We lost and we changed, plan A, which has proved to be a winning formula.

You shouldn’t change, for changing sake.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    I agree, however, Murphy was terrible tonight and we had no one to hold the ball and play people into space. Blackburn did this all evening and were clearly the better team.
    Harris has to start Tomlin against Fulham and our defence (normally secure) will need to up their game by 70% or we will get thrashed.
    Get off his back, made second goal and goalkeeper couldn’t hold his on target shots. We scored two great goals tonight but gave them three goals by individual mistakes. Also Mowberry changed his tactics in the second half and Harris was slow to respond with substitutes!

We were simply outplayed on all fronts

Thought Glatzel did OK - Murphy anonymous

What was with all the bloody passing about at the back for no reason = Barcelona we ain't

Back to Paterson please and back to front ASAP - congrats on your baby NML - back in the side now please there's a good lad

Sanderson and Bennett back to being defenders - Cafu and Roberto Carlos you are not

PLAN A, 3 out of 3 wins

Changing plan A, 1 draw, 1 defeat

Don’t change for changing sake
    exactly. it needed to be changed tonight.

Not to be.

Absolutely. Harris chased the game, but understandably so. I wonder how much the 5 subs rule has a bearing on this, but Harris' subs have been well thought out.

Thought I'd replied to the TIT
    There's a thing to call me!