+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: British Sprinter And Her Black Boyfriend Stopped By The Police .....

Feedback

Re: British Sprinter And Her Black Boyfriend Stopped By The Police .....

Quote Originally Posted by Grievous Angel View Post
    I was waiting for that one.
    the police do a difficult job, and its a continuous learning process. if there is any outcome from this, hopefully it will be a positive one in which the Met/police are more aware of the latent fears of BAME when being stopped, and also the general public that stop and search is a necessary tool, and if you are stopped, act civil and polite will see you on your way in no time at all.

The UK police are widely regarded as the best in the world. I'm not disputing there are bad apples in the barrel, but by and large they do a difficult job very well.

International

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    She was a mother with a child maybe she did feel in danger
    Why should she feel in danger in public in the presence of british police officers? They are more likely to be the ones feeling the potential for danger. In fact neither would be correct.

International

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    the met have apologised for any distress caused. that does not mean the Met were wrong to stop - they've probably apologised given the media hoo-ha. No one is above the law and if the police believe someone is acting suspiciously, then they need to stop them.
    The apology states that after 2 reviews the Met could find no wrong doing by the officers and they only apologised due to the media spotlight.
    So the police did nothing wrong but are forced to apologise because this woman is a minor celebrity.

After this the Met will probably think twice before stopping any upmarket vehicle with a black occupant assuming they are able to see the person through tinted windows. The Police have referred themselves to the Police watchdog so let's see what happens before condemning their actions. I am unsure how the Police can do their job if they cannot question suspects but that is the way the discussion seems to be going.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    The apology states that after 2 reviews the Met could find no wrong doing by the officers and they only apologised due to the media spotlight.
    So the police did nothing wrong but are forced to apologise because this woman is a minor celebrity.
    Tbf, that's not quite what was said. Cressida Dick quoted as follows:

“Every time we see a video that is of concern to members of the public we review them we see if there are any lessons learned. My senior officer has said I’m sorry to Miss Williams for the distress it has clearly caused her. If there are lessons to be learned from this we will learn them. I’m looking at handcuffing as a specific issue.”

Why should she feel in danger in public in the presence of british police officers? They are more likely to be the ones feeling the potential for danger. In fact neither would be correct.
    BBC News - Bianca Williams: Met apologises to sprinter over stop-and-search
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-53307561

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    After this the Met will probably think twice before stopping any upmarket vehicle with a black occupant assuming they are able to see the person through tinted windows. The Police have referred themselves to the Police watchdog so let's see what happens before condemning their actions. I am unsure how the Police can do their job if they cannot question suspects but that is the way the discussion seems to be going.

2 reviews .....by the police

You think the police did nothing wrong but are forced to apologise because she was a minor celebrity ?

If they did nothing wrong , why are they apologising ?

The police watchdog ?

You mean fellow police officers investigating each other ?

That sounds unbiased

the police do a difficult job, and its a continuous learning process. if there is any outcome from this, hopefully it will be a positive one in which the Met/police are more aware of the latent fears of BAME when being stopped, and also the general public that stop and search is a necessary tool, and if you are stopped, act civil and polite will see you on your way in no time at all.

The UK police are widely regarded as the best in the world. I'm not disputing there are bad apples in the barrel, but by and large they do a difficult job very well.
    Widely regarded as being the best in the world by who ?

The british police ?

Daily mail readers ?

What an absurd statement . Dutch police , german police , swedish police , Australian police etc etc

end of thread, nothing else to be said
    What about this

If there were no grounds for stopping Bianca Williams then the Police have a case to answer. From what I've read Bianca Williams and her partner didn't behave that well but I must admit I feel uncomfortable about the use of handcuffs but I guess this is standard practice for all races which the Commissioner herself admits is in need of review. Let's wait to see what the Watchdog has to say particular to this case before assuming the Police are racists.

It was my understanding the Police Watchdog (Independent Office for Police Conduct) is independent of the Police and government.

If there were no grounds for stopping Bianca Williams then the Police have a case to answer. From what I've read Bianca Williams and her partner didn't behave that well but I must admit I feel uncomfortable about the use of handcuffs but I guess this is standard practice for all races which the Commissioner herself admits is in need of review. Let's wait to see what the Watchdog has to say particular to this case before assuming the Police are racists.
    Well clearly the police are not all racists just as not all black people carry drugs or weapons , as was proved by this case

This watchdog you speak of........for many many years the police have investigated their own officers regarding misconduct .

Unless things have changed, I think that is still the case

Do you think that's correct ?

If I was the victim of a possible police injustice the last person I would want looking into it would be another police officer

Well clearly the police are not all racists just as not all black people carry drugs or weapons , as was proved by this case

This watchdog you speak of........for many many years the police have investigated their own officers regarding misconduct .

Unless things have changed, I think that is still the case

Do you think that's correct ?

If I was the victim of a possible police injustice the last person I would want looking into it would be another police officer
    This is all I know:

https://www.policeconduct.gov.uk/

just give it up. you get offended at anyone who doesn't follow your own narrative. you really are a SJW/snowflake (delete as appropriate).
    If I am standing next to a bloke racially abusing someone then I am not going to stand there and do feck all

Racism affects everybody and you do not have to be black to feel threatened or intimidated or uncomfortable about racist behaviour

Are jewish people the only people who are allowed to protest about people celebrating adolf Hitler's birthday ?

If that makes me a snowflake then fecking bring it on , you keep spouting hot air

That's for deaths in custody etc

Most complaints about police misconduct are carried out internally

the met have apologised for any distress caused. that does not mean the Met were wrong to stop - they've probably apologised given the media hoo-ha. No one is above the law and if the police believe someone is acting suspiciously, then they need to stop them.
    Of course , if those naughty black people hadn't complained about police tactics , including trying to handcuff a woman with a 3 month old baby none of this would have happened ! How dare they !

This learning process is an interesting one

The south yorkshire police were heavily criticised for their treatment of liverpool fans before Hillsborough

When we were promoted to the championship we played sheffield united at bramhall lane

The police stopped the family dominated supporters club buses a mile from the ground , it got close to kick off so a joint decision was made to ignore the lone motorcycle officer and walk to the ground as we had travelled 4 hours to watch a football match and looked likely to miss the start . We were pushed and shoved around by police officers on the way into the ground and outside afterwards batons were drawn and many innocent fans were hit

Some police officers clearly learn and some clearly dont

That's for deaths in custody etc

Most complaints about police misconduct are carried out internally
    Not entirely. They also investigate allegations of use of excessive force. The Police have referred themselves to the watchdog and not an internal review.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/b...-a4491521.html

Not entirely. They also investigate allegations of use of excessive force. The Police have referred themselves to the watchdog and not an internal review.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/b...-a4491521.html
    This body's executive officers are independent and have to be by law . They are not allowed to be or have been serving police officers . However police officers are involved further down . If it is proved by an independent body ......or as far as we can get in this country .......that the two people stopped were stopped lawfully and they were treated fairly without discrimination then the woman who made the claims of racial profiling and excessive force needs to make an apology . But I think , at the very least , excessive force was used . However I have not seen the full video or the police body cam footage .

Feedback

Of course , if those naughty black people hadn't complained about police tactics , including trying to handcuff a woman with a 3 month old baby none of this would have happened ! How dare they !
    Handcuffing any woman holding a child must be a last resort.

How would you approach this Sludge, if you had to detain anyone holding a child?

This body's executive officers are independent and have to be by law . They are not allowed to be or have been serving police officers . However police officers are involved further down . If it is proved by an independent body ......or as far as we can get in this country .......that the two people stopped were stopped lawfully and they were treated fairly without discrimination then the woman who made the claims of racial profiling and excessive force needs to make an apology . But I think , at the very least , excessive force was used . However I have not seen the full video or the police body cam footage .
    Now that we have established the allegations are not being investigated internally I am glad you accept that the Police, if the complaint is unproven, needs an apology. Of course the reverse is also true and I would expect the Police to apologise also if they are found to be in the wrong. However, I don't know how you can possibly think excessive force was used until you have seen the footage. Some of it was shown on Sky TV last night but I won't rush to judgement until the outcome of the complaint is known. I still fail to understand how the Police can only do their job if they are unable to stop suspects.

If it helps details of the investigation are here:

https://www.policeconduct.gov.uk/new...da-vale-london

Handcuffing any woman holding a child must be a last resort.

How would you approach this Sludge, if you had to detain anyone holding a child?
    He should be the one in handcuffs if he’s within 50 yards of a woman with a child.

Absolute danger of a man.

2 reviews .....by the police

You think the police did nothing wrong but are forced to apologise because she was a minor celebrity ?

If they did nothing wrong , why are they apologising ?

I don't know why either if they did not do anything wrong, but I suspect it is because it is a combination of the lady being a "minor celebrity" (not my phrase as I had never heard of her if I am honest) hence the media interest and it being non-PC not to do so in the present very emotional climate around the BLM movement. I must admit the handcuffing seems a bit OTT so maybe that is behind the apology too? I would hope that such action would be resorted to only if the apprehended person became violent.

The crux of the matter seems to be that the car did not stop when required by the police and instead sped off which the lady is denying apparently. Again I can only assume that the police have their own video evidence of all this.

Now that we have established the allegations are not being investigated internally I am glad you accept that the Police, if the complaint is unproven, needs an apology. Of course the reverse is also true and I would expect the Police to apologise also if they are found to be in the wrong. However, I don't know how you can possibly think excessive force was used until you have seen the footage. Some of it was shown on Sky TV last night but I won't rush to judgement until the outcome of the complaint is known. I still fail to understand how the Police can only do their job if they are unable to stop suspects.

If it helps details of the investigation are here:

https://www.policeconduct.gov.uk/new...da-vale-london
    Well we havnt established that , this body , which replaced the previous one has non serving police at its executive level but not further down

At present it is alleged that this woman was separated from her baby for 45 minutes

Because two reviews , by the police , into their own actions hasnt found anything wrong does not mean the police acted correctly