+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: British Sprinter And Her Black Boyfriend Stopped By The Police .....

Re: British Sprinter And Her Black Boyfriend Stopped By The Police .....

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    Handcuffing any woman holding a child must be a last resort.

How would you approach this Sludge, if you had to detain anyone holding a child?
    She was sitting in the back seat of a car that had been stopped , holding her baby

She wasnt going anywhere , why handcuff her ?

If there was a knife or a bag of cocaine on the back seat , cuff her , but that female police officer was determined to handcuff a woman , sitting in the back of a car , holding her baby

It appears she was kept from her baby for 45 minutes

That definitely needs looking at

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Well we havnt established that , this body , which replaced the previous one has non serving police at its executive level but not further down

At present it is alleged that this woman was separated from her baby for 45 minutes

Because two reviews , by the police , into their own actions hasnt found anything wrong does not mean the police acted correctly
    Sounds like you aren't going to be satisfied unless you get the result you want. It's in the IOPC's hands now so why not let it go until they have concluded their report?

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    Sounds like you aren't going to be satisfied unless you get the result you want. It's in the IOPC's hands now so why not let it go until they have concluded their report?
    If this woman has lied about this stop and search I will be the first to call her out as it does nothing for black people who are racially profiled or for decent police officers

the whole incident will be on the police dash cams and body cams

if the force has looked into it twice, the chances are the iopc review will be the same

from what i know ( from serving officers ) about the iopc they are 100% independent and officers are normally worried if it gets that far

Feedback

She was sitting in the back seat of a car that had been stopped , holding her baby
    if I was sat in the back seat holding a baby, you can bet I'd be far more compliant that this athlete was. I certainly wouldn't be kicking up a fuss trying to make the situation worse.

She wasnt going anywhere , why handcuff her ?
    maybe because the police deemed her a threat.
    If there was a knife or a bag of cocaine on the back seat , cuff her , but that female police officer was determined to handcuff a woman , sitting in the back of a car , holding her baby
    perhaps because the OB deemed her a threat. I have no idea, we've not seen the full video so we should leave it to the IOPC

It appears she was kept from her baby for 45 minutes

That definitely needs looking at
    why? mothers have been apart from babies for longer. if you're making an accusation, why not come out and say it.

are you going to answer the question I asked...how would you detain a third party if they were holding a baby?

If this woman has lied about this stop and search I will be the first to call her out as it does nothing for black people who are racially profiled or for decent police officers
    So why do you keep banging on about the IOPC potentially being biased in favour of the police? You are desperate for this to be a racial incident

We'll see how true you are to your words once they release the report. Still interested in how the police supposedly racially profiled a couple through tinted windows but I'll leave that to the report.

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    if I was sat in the back seat holding a baby, you can bet I'd be far more compliant that this athlete was. I certainly wouldn't be kicking up a fuss trying to make the situation worse.

maybe because the police deemed her a threat.

perhaps because the OB deemed her a threat. I have no idea, we've not seen the full video so we should leave it to the IOPC

why? mothers have been apart from babies for longer. if you're making an accusation, why not come out and say it.

are you going to answer the question I asked...how would you detain a third party if they were holding a baby?
    I havnt made the accusation that the woman was apart from her baby for 45 minutes , bbc news at 6 just have

You are not a woman with a baby , you have no idea how you would react , totally irrelevant

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    So why do you keep banging on about the IOPC potentially being biased in favour of the police? You are desperate for this to be a racial incident

We'll see how true you are to your words once they release the report. Still interested in how the police supposedly racially profiled a couple through tinted windows but I'll leave that to the report.
    Well the independent police complaints authority had to change its name for that very reason , if it isn't a racial incident then I can assure you I will be the first to criticise this woman

Feedback

I havnt made the accusation that the woman was apart from her baby for 45 minutes , bbc news at 6 just have
    you've misunderstood. I wasn't suggesting you had made the accusation, i was merely stating that if you want to make (another) accusation, just come out and say it.

You are not a woman with a baby , you have no idea how you would react , totally irrelevant
    i'm a father of three, why would I not be able to make comment on how i'd react whilst holding a baby?

you've still skirted the issue, how do you propose arresting a person holding an infant?

having watched the video, perhaps you can explain why this woman, with child in arms, felt it necessary to exit her vehicle? Before she exited the car, the police had zero interest in her. As another poster has pointed out, you desperately want this to be an issue of race. It may well be, but we should leave it to those with the full facts to form that opinion.

If i got pulled over in the car and was surrounded by 4 police officers with at least one with a baton at the ready id be pissed off. Particularly as id pulled over to see what they wanted.

This video doesnt look great.

[QUOTE=TISS;5095665]you've misunderstood. I wasn't suggesting you had made the accusation, i was merely stating that if you want to make (another) accusation, just come out and say it.

I havnt misunderstood at all , on the bbc news tonight it was reported the mother was kept from her baby for 45 minutes , why would they mention that ? I dont think if that's correct that they were feeding it to the wolves but it's a bit odd

i'm a father of three, why would I not be able to make comment on how i'd react whilst holding a baby?

You are not a mother , mothers will do anything to protect their children , its animal instinct

you've still skirted the issue, how do you propose arresting a person holding an infant?

She wasnt being arrested , according to the female officer she was being detained for the purposes of a search . What on earth does someone with a baby , in the back seat of a car , need to be handcuffed for in order to search her ? There were 3 female officers there

having watched the video, perhaps you can explain why this woman, with child in arms, felt it necessary to exit her vehicle? Before she exited the car, the police had zero interest in her. As another poster has pointed out, you desperately want this to be an issue of race. It may well be, but we should leave it to those with the full facts to form that

The people with the full facts to form the opinion that it may or may not be an issue of race are not necessarily the police

As for her if shes proved to be a liar I will have no sympathy with her

Well we havnt established that , this body , which replaced the previous one has non serving police at its executive level but not further down

At present it is alleged that this woman was separated from her baby for 45 minutes

Because two reviews , by the police , into their own actions hasnt found anything wrong does not mean the police acted correctly
    Sludge. You are being very slippery. You have insisted the investigation is being undertaken "internally" and you claim that would mean the Met Police investigating itself. That clearly is not the case. They have referred themselves to the independent Police Conduct Authority. While you doubt their independence that effectively means you will not believe the outcome of the investigation if it goes the way you want it to. I think your approach confirms your intransigence and your mind is made up and that you are positioning yourself just in case the Police are found to have acted appropriately.

I don't know how long it has been since you have worked but in your former Housing Department for example the person eventually putting their name to a report is the person who is accountable and certainly not those lower down the hierarchy. If it's any consolation to you the Regional Director ultimately responsible for the Police Conduct Authority's investigation is Sal Naseem whom I assume is a non white.

I will say again, if the Police acted inappropriately they should apologise but I won't jump to conclusions until the full facts are available.

Feedback

trust me sludge, you have misunderstood. the crux of my question wasn't about who/what first mentioned the mother had been separated from baby for 45 minutes...i was asking you since you said it needed looking into, whether you were implying something more sinister was afoot.

when i said she was arrested, i meant handcuffed. My bad. The point still stands. She exited the vehicle, the police did not open the door of the car.

NB yes mothers have instincts to protect their children, so do fathers. That's quite an absurdity even for you.

we're going over old ground here so there is little further to add. lets just leave it to the powers that be to investigate further.

Another murder in Maida Vale this morning.

Yet another murder in Harlesden in the early hours of this morning. Met police reports 75% of murders this year are BAME and will carry on with their stop and search policy. So I will say once more these two athletes should have just got out of their car when pulled over and thought about the bigger picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Yet another murder in Harlesden in the early hours of this morning. Met police reports 75% of murders this year are BAME and will carry on with their stop and search policy. So I will say once more these two athletes should have just got out of their car when pulled over and thought about the bigger picture.

Well at the moment your views and mine are irrelevant to this particular stop

She has said her and her partner were stopped because they were black which is unlawful

The met appear to have referred the matter to the as near as we can get to independent police watchdog

If it is found it was a racially motivated stop then I doubt anything will be done

However if this woman is proved to have been a liar I wont have any sympathy with her and she will have done BAME people no good whatsoever

She has said her and her partner were stopped because they were black which is unlawful

The met appear to have referred the matter to the as near as we can get to independent police watchdog

If it is found it was a racially motivated stop then I doubt anything will be done

However if this woman is proved to have been a liar I wont have any sympathy with her and she will have done BAME people no good whatsoever
    wasnt the police vehicle behind the car in question ? ? ? if so, how would the police have seen they were black ? ?

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    wasnt the police vehicle behind the car in question ? ? ? if so, how would the police have seen they were black ? ?
    Well we will soon find out , wont we , assuming this apparently independent watchdog does its job

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Indeed and reportedly the car driven eradicatly, in an area and street that sees knife crime as a hobby ,sadly BAME do commit these crimes, the question is how do your police a predominantly black area, with predominantly black crime with many carrying lethal weapon such as knives.

As Dorian Lawrence eloquently says

""We [the black community] are turning on ourselves and I have no idea what causes that. There’s a lot more work that needs to go into understanding where those young people are coming from - there’s a combination of contributing factors and everybody has their part to play in all of this.”

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Indeed and reportedly the car driven eradicatly, in an area and street that sees knife crime as a hobby ,sadly BAME do commit these crimes, the question is how do your police a predominantly black area, with predominantly black crime with many carrying lethal weapon such as knives.

As Dorian Lawrence eloquently says

""We [the black community] are turning on ourselves and I have no idea what causes that. There’s a lot more work that needs to go into understanding where those young people are coming from - there’s a combination of contributing factors and everybody has their part to play in all of this.”
    Including the police

Well said Sludge. Welcome to the World of being reasonable and unbiased. Wait for the evidence to emerge and base conclusions on it is precisely the way forward.

BBC News - Officer suspended over 'kneeling on neck' during arrest
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-53443641

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Well said Sludge. Welcome to the World of being reasonable and unbiased. Wait for the evidence to emerge and base conclusions on it is precisely the way forward.

Why have you quoted me?

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Why have you quoted me?
    Whats wrong with some people, they have seen what's happened in USA and they do the same unbelievable, surely they just restrain him normally.

Really wish these folk wouldn't commit crimes , we could step the police down and live happily ever after