+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: British Sprinter And Her Black Boyfriend Stopped By The Police .....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback

Re: British Sprinter And Her Black Boyfriend Stopped By The Police .....

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    So because you as someone of mixed race say you havnt experienced racism in society , down the city etc means that it doesnt exist ?

Witnessing a grange end full of people shouting .....you are just a town full of pakis ......and seeing people doing nazi salutes .......at bradford city fans ......well you dont have to be black or asian or mixed race to see or be offended by racism

Nothing borderline about that
    just give it up. you get offended at anyone who doesn't follow your own narrative. you really are a SJW/snowflake (delete as appropriate).

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Grievous Angel View Post
    the met have apologised for any distress caused. that does not mean the Met were wrong to stop - they've probably apologised given the media hoo-ha. No one is above the law and if the police believe someone is acting suspiciously, then they need to stop them.

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    the met have apologised for any distress caused. that does not mean the Met were wrong to stop - they've probably apologised given the media hoo-ha. No one is above the law and if the police believe someone is acting suspiciously, then they need to stop them.
    I was waiting for that one.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Grievous Angel View Post
    I was waiting for that one.
    the police do a difficult job, and its a continuous learning process. if there is any outcome from this, hopefully it will be a positive one in which the Met/police are more aware of the latent fears of BAME when being stopped, and also the general public that stop and search is a necessary tool, and if you are stopped, act civil and polite will see you on your way in no time at all.

The UK police are widely regarded as the best in the world. I'm not disputing there are bad apples in the barrel, but by and large they do a difficult job very well.

International

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    The apology states that after 2 reviews the Met could find no wrong doing by the officers and they only apologised due to the media spotlight.
    So the police did nothing wrong but are forced to apologise because this woman is a minor celebrity.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    The apology states that after 2 reviews the Met could find no wrong doing by the officers and they only apologised due to the media spotlight.
    So the police did nothing wrong but are forced to apologise because this woman is a minor celebrity.
    Tbf, that's not quite what was said. Cressida Dick quoted as follows:

“Every time we see a video that is of concern to members of the public we review them we see if there are any lessons learned. My senior officer has said I’m sorry to Miss Williams for the distress it has clearly caused her. If there are lessons to be learned from this we will learn them. I’m looking at handcuffing as a specific issue.”