+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: British Sprinter And Her Black Boyfriend Stopped By The Police .....

Re: British Sprinter And Her Black Boyfriend Stopped By The Police .....

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    I like chris rock , seen that before , it's very amusing

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    So why did you say that white people get stopped and dont complain about it .....which is incorrect ....and black people go complaining to the press ?

You just have to read over what you posted

White people get stopped for similar things , do they go complaining to the press ?
    What a slavering goon you are Sludge. Of course some Black folk use the race card when they get pulled over by the cops.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    What a slavering goon you are Sludge. Of course some Black folk use the race card when they get pulled over by the cops.
    So how many is some , in your view , as a white person ?

A couple , several , a lot ?

How have you as a white person come to this conclusion ?

What is your experience of this , just so we are clear where you are coming from ?

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/jan/16/playing-the-race-card-racism-black-experience

So why did you say that white people get stopped and dont complain about it .....which is incorrect ....and black people go complaining to the press ?

You just have to read over what you posted

White people get stopped for similar things , do they go complaining to the press ?
    There would be no point in complaining to the press as they would not have the slightest interest because it would not make a sensational headline, unless you were an A list "celebrity" of course. It seems to me a common theme in these "I was stopped by the police" videos is how the situation quickly escalates due to the reaction of the car occupants. The police are only human. The last time I was stopped by the police I had no idea what I had done wrong but I certainly didn't get arsey, refuse to open the window to speak to the officer, shout/scream obscenities or try to drive off at high speed. If I had been awkward and refused to cooperate I would have probably been booked; instead the policeman went on to quietly ask me did I realise that I had no tax disc on the windscreen. To my shock he was right - there was no tax disc. It was one of those stick-on disc holders which had come unstuck in the heat and dropped down into the footwell! I reattached it and was waved on my way with a suggestion that maybe I should get a better disc holder.

Did I get off lightly because I was white or because of my attitude?

I am certainly supportive of the BLM movement but the latest example of the athletes is hard to sympathise with if they acted like they were alleged to have acted prior to being stopped. If you drive suspiciously in a car like that I would expect the police to make some enquires.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    There would be no point in complaining to the press as they would not have the slightest interest because it would not make a sensational headline, unless you were an A list "celebrity" of course. It seems to me a common theme in these "I was stopped by the police" videos is how the situation quickly escalates due to the reaction of the car occupants. The police are only human. The last time I was stopped by the police I had no idea what I had done wrong but I certainly didn't get arsey, refuse to open the window to speak to the officer, shout/scream obscenities or try to drive off at high speed. If I had been awkward and refused to cooperate I would have probably been booked; instead the policeman went on to quietly ask me did I realise that I had no tax disc on the windscreen. To my shock he was right - there was no tax disc. It was one of those stick-on disc holders which had come unstuck in the heat and dropped down into the footwell! I reattached it and was waved on my way with a suggestion that maybe I should get a better disc holder.

Did I get off lightly because I was white or because of my attitude?
    How do you know that these people got arsey ?

The woman , in the back seat appeared scared out of her wits and wasnt going to hand over her three month old baby to police officers who were trying to handcuff her

No wonder she was shouting and screaming

Did the police think she had a bomb in the back seat or something ?

So you think that if a white person is stopped by the police and treated badly it isnt reported but if a black person is stopped by the police it is either witnessed and makes the headlines or the black person immediately goes to the papers or the television ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    I am certainly supportive of the BLM movement but the latest example of the athletes is hard to sympathise with if they acted like they were alleged to have acted prior to being stopped. If you drive suspiciously in a car like that I would expect the police to make some enquires.
    Alleged

The police are looking into the incident

Hopefully it wont be the police investigating the police

Who'd be a policeman these days? Must be the most thankless job.
    Your right but it feeds an agenda, we must stop arresting these innocents, they don't do crime, they don't do drugs , they don't drive around in blacked out window cars, they don't carry knives , and our police are riddled with racism , right next subject polide homophobia, sexism, chauvinism.

I bet all these police critics wouldn't last 5 minutes in that job ,as they type away with such purists views , never knowing what the police really have to face or put up with on the the streets every day .

3 police in my family and I've seen them come off a shift drained emotionally they don't have a single racist thought exists in thier minds .

They have to constantly wear stab proof vests because of the lovely people in our sincerity( black and white ) on a hot day they can drain many pounds in weight and dehydrate so quickly .

Those riots in London in that heat must have been grueling , latest count 25 injured ,what a sad society we have become.

This is just another highjacked event to get folk to think the police are part of some right wing political agenda .

The truth is the police would love to walk the streets in no stab vests .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Your right but it feeds an agenda, we must stop arresting these innocents, they don't do crime, they don't do drugs , they don't drive around in blacked out window cars, they don't carry knives , and our police are riddled with racism , right next subject polide homophobia, sexism, chauvinism.

I bet all these police critics wouldn't last 5 minutes in that job ,as they type away with such purists views , never knowing what the police really have to face or put up with on the the streets every day .

3 police in my family and I've seen them come off a shift drained emotionally they don't have a single racist thought exists in thier minds .

They have to constantly wear stab proof vests because of the lovely people in our sincerity( black and white ) on a hot day they can drain many pounds in weight and dehydrate so quickly .

Those riots in London in that heat must have been grueling , latest count 25 injured ,what a sad society we have become.

This is just another highjacked event to get folk to think the police are part of some right wing political agenda .

I can only see this getting worse, especially tensions between black people and the police. In America I fully get caution over being pulled over, too many have ended up with deaths to innocent people, but here? You're having a laugh. Just look at how the woman in the video reacted to being questioned by police, immediately overreacting and shouting as if she's in danger, it only escalates the issue to the point where someone has to be restrained and then it's apparently it's a racial issue.

The police in this country are very good, when the only argument for racism in the police force is because black kids are being searched for knives because they keep stabbing each other, then you know there isn't much of an issue here.

So how many is some , in your view , as a white person ?

A couple , several , a lot ?

How have you as a white person come to this conclusion ?

What is your experience of this , just so we are clear where you are coming from ?

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ack-experience
    Ok Sludge. I’ve held back till now, because i didn't want to add this to the mix, as i was really hoping that i wouldn't have to mention it, but you've managed to be the biggest profiler on here.
    I am of mixed race. My mum is Black and my Dad is white. Ive only ever had to broach this subject once on here before. I grew up in Ely, and have lived in Canton most of my adult life.
    I have never experienced the racism you preach about in Cardiff,and i’m 57.
    I am an honest, hard working Welsh man, and i’m proud of who i am and I'm proud of my heritage.
    In the 70’s, i walked down to the City, and back up to Ely, with a mix of folk that could have been described as the league of nations.
    Racism was the last thing on our minds.
    I have grown up seeing things from both sides.
    You appear to be ready to be offended by the slightest incident that could be described as border line racism.
    I posted a video on here a few days ago, showing hard working met police officers getting pushed back and all kind of missiles being thrown at them.
    No sympathy from you, or from any of the so called
    Intelligent posters on here. Just all hell bent on making me look a fool, and comments like “I've seen worse away at Stoke’!!! As if that justifies it in any way.
    The 2 athletes in this thread, would have been better off, stopping when they were asked to, and stepping out of the vehicle, and answering the questions calmly. As calmly as they spoke in the interview after the incident.
    As i said above, some black folk play the race card when it suits them, but not all.
    If the met police decided to go on strike, then i shudder to think what the outcome would be.
    Its a thankless job, and i really do appreciate young folk of all colours and religions, that volunteer to take on the task.

Ok Sludge. I’ve held back till now, because i didn't want to add this to the mix, as i was really hoping that i wouldn't have to mention it, but you've managed to be the biggest profiler on here.
    I am of mixed race. My mum is Black and my Dad is white. Ive only ever had to broach this subject once on here before. I grew up in Ely, and have lived in Canton most of my adult life.
    I am an honest, hard working Welsh man, and i’m proud of who i am and I'm proud of my heritage.
    In the 70’s, i walked down to the City, and back up to Ely, with a mix of folk that could have been described as the league of nations.
    You appear to be ready to be offended by the slightest incident that could be described as border line racism.
    I posted a video on here a few days ago, showing hard working met police officers getting pushed back and all kind of missiles being thrown at them.
    Intelligent posters on here. Just all hell bent on making me look a fool, and comments like “I've seen worse away at Stoke’!!! As if that justifies it in any way.
    The 2 athletes in this thread, would have been better off, stopping when they were asked to, and stepping out of the vehicle, and answering the questions calmly. As calmly as they spoke in the interview after the incident.
    As i said above, some black folk play the race card when it suits them, but not all.
    If the met police decided to go on strike, then i shudder to think what the outcome would be.
    Its a thankless job, and i really do appreciate young folk of all colours and religions, that volunteer to take on the task.
    Well said. Sadly Sludge is a lost cause. It's his way or no way. If you dared to vote Tory in the last election you are labelled Tory scum. If you attempt to introduce balance to this latest discussion you are a racist. He will attempt to take selective sentences from your posts, miss out words and then tell you what you meant. If you suggest that we should wait for evidence to emerge you are castigated. How anyone can be one so one dimensional is beyond belief. I doubt very much if anyone on here has expressed racist views but Sludge has it locked into his mind that anyone who disagrees with him, or suggests it is too early to reach conclusions, is prejudiced. I have given up arguing with him; it's simply not worth the bother.

top post well said

How do you know that these people got arsey ?

The woman , in the back seat appeared scared out of her wits and wasnt going to hand over her three month old baby to police officers who were trying to handcuff her

No wonder she was shouting and screaming

Did the police think she had a bomb in the back seat or something ?

So you think that if a white person is stopped by the police and treated badly it isnt reported but if a black person is stopped by the police it is either witnessed and makes the headlines or the black person immediately goes to the papers or the television ?
    You should be a politician. You haven't answered my question, instead you offer another question! I suspect if I or anyone, white or black, had reacted the way these did, then I would certainly expect to be video'd by the police to provide evidence of my behaviour. If the boyfriend had simply spoken to the police in a civil manner in the first place, then I don't believe the situation would have escalated the way it did.

I should have added, lest we forget, why the police stopped the car in the first place:

The police statement said that at about 13:25 BST on Saturday, officers from the Territorial Support Group "witnessed a vehicle with blacked-out windows that was driving suspiciously, including driving on the wrong side of the road".

The statement added: "They indicated for it to stop but it failed to do so and made off at speed. The officers caught up with the vehicle when it stopped on Lanhill Road. The driver initially refused to get out of the car."

Unless of course the officers were telling porky pies.....? I assume they have their own video evidence.

So because you as someone of mixed race say you havnt experienced racism in society , down the city etc means that it doesnt exist ?

Witnessing a grange end full of people shouting .....you are just a town full of pakis ......and seeing people doing nazi salutes .......at bradford city fans ......well you dont have to be black or asian or mixed race to see or be offended by racism

Nothing borderline about that

I should have added, lest we forget, why the police stopped the car in the first place:

The police statement said that at about 13:25 BST on Saturday, officers from the Territorial Support Group "witnessed a vehicle with blacked-out windows that was driving suspiciously, including driving on the wrong side of the road".

The statement added: "They indicated for it to stop but it failed to do so and made off at speed. The officers caught up with the vehicle when it stopped on Lanhill Road. The driver initially refused to get out of the car."

Unless of course the officers were telling porky pies.....? I assume they have their own video evidence.
    Well it's under investigation so let's see

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

Dealing with criminals is part of being a police officer .

I remember many years ago being in a police escort of cardiff fans to Ashton gate

A female police officer was knocked over by a riot van

Cardiff fans went over to her to make sure she was ok

Do you think people who have concerns about fair and just policing go round throwing bricks at police officers ?

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    I can only see this getting worse, especially tensions between black people and the police. In America I fully get caution over being pulled over, too many have ended up with deaths to innocent people, but here? You're having a laugh. Just look at how the woman in the video reacted to being questioned by police, immediately overreacting and shouting as if she's in danger, it only escalates the issue to the point where someone has to be restrained and then it's apparently it's a racial issue.

The police in this country are very good, when the only argument for racism in the police force is because black kids are being searched for knives because they keep stabbing each other, then you know there isn't much of an issue here.
    She was a mother with a child maybe she did feel in danger

Feedback

end of thread, nothing else to be said

Feedback

So because you as someone of mixed race say you havnt experienced racism in society , down the city etc means that it doesnt exist ?

Witnessing a grange end full of people shouting .....you are just a town full of pakis ......and seeing people doing nazi salutes .......at bradford city fans ......well you dont have to be black or asian or mixed race to see or be offended by racism

Nothing borderline about that
    just give it up. you get offended at anyone who doesn't follow your own narrative. you really are a SJW/snowflake (delete as appropriate).

International

William Treseder, you have a PM

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Grievous Angel View Post
    the met have apologised for any distress caused. that does not mean the Met were wrong to stop - they've probably apologised given the media hoo-ha. No one is above the law and if the police believe someone is acting suspiciously, then they need to stop them.

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    the met have apologised for any distress caused. that does not mean the Met were wrong to stop - they've probably apologised given the media hoo-ha. No one is above the law and if the police believe someone is acting suspiciously, then they need to stop them.
    I was waiting for that one.