+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: British Sprinter And Her Black Boyfriend Stopped By The Police .....

British Sprinter And Her Black Boyfriend Stopped By The Police .....

BBC News - Bianca Williams: 'I've never had to experience anything like this', says British sprinter after police stop car
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/athletics/53305712

There is of course no suggestion whatsoever that this couple were stopped because they were black

Well that's according to the police

Re: British Sprinter And Her Black Boyfriend Stopped By The Police .....

One mega thread please mods.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    BBC News - Bianca Williams: 'I've never had to experience anything like this', says British sprinter after police stop car

There is of course no suggestion whatsoever that this couple were stopped because they were black

There's 2 different versions of what happened.

The police said the reason for the stop was they were driving on the wrong side of the road , the couple say they were stopped on a single track road .

Kin unbelievable , the police have had a look at the incident and decided all was ok

So nothing to see here , all is well , move along

The old police complaints authority was basically police officers investigating police officers , no conflict of interest there . What's the name of the new one ? Is it still police officers investigating police officers ?

A british high ranking athlete and her boyfriend are taken out of a car , the police realise they have cocked up but it's ok they did nothing wrong ?

Get Micheal Mansfield on the phone

blacked out windows
    wrong side of road
    failed to stop

shall we stop them?
    mmm, no let them carry on because if we stop them we'll get accused of being racist.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    blacked out windows
    wrong side of road
    failed to stop

shall we stop them?
    mmm, no let them carry on because if we stop them we'll get accused of being racist.
    And then they’ll post a video once the situation has escalated into numerous police because they refused to exit the car...

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    blacked out windows
    wrong side of road
    failed to stop

shall we stop them?
    Single track road according to the police report

They most certainly were racist , a young woman with her baby son in the back of the car ? Did they think they had shooters on them ? The female copper says you are being searched for weapons ......a woman with her young baby in the car , who has represented the uk at the highest level ?

They suspected cannabis use , why didnt they do a roadside drugs test on the driver ?

Some of the comments on twitter are fecking shocking

" these west indians , always involved in crime and want the world "

Shes british , hes from portugal ff sake

Cressida Dick will of course come out and say the metropolitan police isnt what it used to be

Course not Cressida

Quote Originally Posted by Q View Post
    And then they’ll post a video once the situation has escalated into numerous police because they refused to exit the car...
    One video is enough , it's clear what's going on there

Over zealous police officers stopping two black people , searching them for drugs and weapons , with a baby in the back , realising they had fecked up then trying to defend their actions

I hope she throws the book at them

I'm on one knee as we speak ,I'm sure nothing bad was going on perfect driving ,no etc

High crime area, heavily tinted windows, couple drove after they were asked to stop, Police smell drugs and incident filmed on Police body camera. Was it racist? I have no idea but there were mitigating circumstances. If the occupants were white there would have been no issue. The problem we have is that, if any BAME is accused of anything, there is a danger the race card will be played. I hope the Police continue to do their job and certainly don't cease stopping people just because they are from a racial minority. Everyone should be treated equally.

One video is enough , it's clear what's going on there

Over zealous police officers stopping two black people , searching them for drugs and weapons , with a baby in the back , realising they had fecked up then trying to defend their actions

I hope she throws the book at them
    ?? Police name the road they stopped on not the road the offence was on. The road stopped on is a car and half width plus parking either side. It’s a cut through from two more major roads... if ur a copper and a car you ask to stop speeds off are you supposed to ignore it?

Or because the guy is Portuguese you ignore it? Or because they shoot down a narrower side road you ignore it?

Surely the police are allowed to stop a car for a traffic offence!

Seems the reason there is an issue is because they used that minor offence to search for more major things - something they would not have done if the driver was Northern European white? Is that the point?

I got pulled over last year in west London for changing Lanes without signalling and my car and I were searched on the grounds of a more serious crime / I looked like a suspect..... my kids had to step out of the car.

Does that mean I was targeted for my Skin colour, my car choice or because they believe checking for more serious crimes when a minor offence takes place helps them catch more ? Have to say if I refused to get out of the car and when I did my wife opened the back door and started screaming about my kids. I’d not be surprised the police escalated it and I’d be mad at wife for scaring the kids

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    High crime area, heavily tinted windows, couple drove after they were asked to stop, Police smell drugs and incident filmed on Police body camera. Was it racist? I have no idea but there were mitigating circumstances. If the occupants were white there would have been no issue. The problem we have is that, if any BAME is accused of anything, there is a danger the race card will be played. I hope the Police continue to do their job and certainly don't cease stopping people just because they are from a racial minority. Everyone should be treated equally.
    Well it's clear that everyone isnt being treated equally is it ?

The police stop far more people from a racial minority than their demographic in society represents

As for playing the race card these people are professional athletes who have represented their country , you havnt got a problem as you are not being stopped because of the colour of your skin , this woman's partner has been stopped 15 times

The drugs stuff is bullshit , if the police smell cannabis in a car they have to give a roadside drugs test as driving whilst impaired is a criminal offence . But they didnt do one .

Quote Originally Posted by Q View Post
    ?? Police name the road they stopped on not the road the offence was on. The road stopped on is a car and half width plus parking either side. It’s a cut through from two more major roads... if ur a copper and a car you ask to stop speeds off are you supposed to ignore it?

Or because the guy is Portuguese you ignore it? Or because they shoot down a narrower side road you ignore it?

Surely the police are allowed to stop a car for a traffic offence!

Seems the reason there is an issue is because they used that minor offence to search for more major things - something they would not have done if the driver was Northern European white? Is that the point?

I got pulled over last year in west London for changing Lanes without signalling and my car and I were searched on the grounds of a more serious crime / I looked like a suspect..... my kids had to step out of the car.

Does that mean I was targeted for my Skin colour, my car choice or because they believe checking for more serious crimes when a minor offence takes place helps them catch more ? Have to say if I refused to get out of the car and when I did my wife opened the back door and started screaming about my kids. I’d not be surprised the police escalated it and I’d be mad at wife for scaring the kids
    You are white ? Have you been stopped 15 times over a short period because you are white ?

Or was it just the once because you made a driving mistake ?

The report the police gave the couple makes no mention of erratic driving

And an officer mentions the smell of cannabis yet fails to test the driver for what is a serious offence ?

It's a piss take

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I'm on one knee as we speak ,I'm sure nothing bad was going on perfect driving ,no etc
    Tell you what for someone who used to say they were liberally minded you are doing a very good impression of a redneck hillbilly democratic football lads alliance type

Well it's clear that everyone isnt being treated equally is it ?

The police stop far more people from a racial minority than their demographic in society represents

As for playing the race card these people are professional athletes who have represented their country , you havnt got a problem as you are not being stopped because of the colour of your skin , this woman's partner has been stopped 15 times

The drugs stuff is bullshit , if the police smell cannabis in a car they have to give a roadside drugs test as driving whilst impaired is a criminal offence . But they didnt do one .
    Sludge. I know this is hard for you to accept because in your World everything is black and white. Tory bad ,Labour good, BAME good, Police bad etc etc. You have clearly made up your mind on the flimsiest of evidence claiming the Police acted racially. I would rather be more balanced, waiting for more evidence to come to light. As I stated in my post I have no idea that the Police actions were racist but there were mitigating circumstances.

Let's wait for the full facts to emerge before reaching conclusions.

Sludge. I know this is hard for you to accept because in your World everything is black and white. Tory bad ,Labour good, BAME good, Police bad etc etc. You have clearly made up your mind on the flimsiest of evidence claiming the Police acted racially. I would rather be more balanced, waiting for more evidence to come to light. As I stated in my post I have no idea that the Police actions were racist but there were mitigating circumstances.

Let's wait for the full facts to emerge before reaching conclusions.
    I dont think that suggesting every time a black person is arrested they play the race card is balanced

I dont think all police officers act racially but some do and this doesnt look very good

I dont think that suggesting every time a black person is arrested they play the race card is balanced
    I didn't say that.

I didn't say that.
    You most certainly insinuated it though

Playing the race card is a term used almost exclusively by white people suggesting black people claiming false arrest , job discrimination etc are using the colour of their skin to gain advantage , make excuses , play the system etc , as if they are taught or coached or learn to do so , it's extremely patronising and insulting

Worth noting the lady in the car is now calling for the resignation of the police commissioner ??

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Worth noting the lady in the car is now calling for the resignation of the police commissioner ??
    And why not ?

You are a black woman and you are stopped by the police and the police handcuff your boyfriend who is black , they handcuff you saying they are searching for weapons and your baby is left in the car , they say they can smell drugs but dont test the driver , your boyfriend , for drugs ?

How would you feel ?

I would feel angry and pissed off

Why havnt they charged the couple with any offences ?

They apparently failed to stop , drove on the wrong side of the road and police smelled drugs in their car ?

Both of them are athletes, I would be furious

Playing the race card is a term used almost exclusively by white people suggesting black people claiming false arrest , job discrimination etc are using the colour of their skin to gain advantage , make excuses , play the system etc , as if they are taught or coached or learn to do so , it's extremely patronising and insulting
    You have to stop assuming what I said when I didn't say it. That is utterly ridiculous.

A danger of the race card being played hey there is one religious group notorious for that kind of tactic.

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    A danger of the race card being played hey there is one religious group notorious for that kind of tactic.
    Not the Methodists is it?

You could easily be talking about a mainly white group of people, some of which are in this country and have caused mayhem for one of the political parties in this country.

And why not ?

You are a black woman and you are stopped by the police and the police handcuff your boyfriend who is black , they handcuff you saying they are searching for weapons and your baby is left in the car , they say they can smell drugs but dont test the driver , your boyfriend , for drugs ?

How would you feel ?

I would feel angry and pissed off

Why havnt they charged the couple with any offences ?

They apparently failed to stop , drove on the wrong side of the road and police smelled drugs in their car ?

Both of them are athletes, I would be furious
    No 1. What has them both being athletes got to do with anything.
    No2. If the female was as calm and passive as she appeared in the interview after, when she was initially asked to get out of the car, the incident would probably have passed with hardly any fuss.
    Ive been stopped a few times over the yrs in Cardiff, for certain reasons. Yes, it can be annoying, but if you don't have an attitude, and answer the questions your asked, it’s usually over quickly and your on your way.