+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: British Sprinter And Her Black Boyfriend Stopped By The Police .....

Re: British Sprinter And Her Black Boyfriend Stopped By The Police .....

There was a murder in Portobello Road last week - which is about a mile away from this incident old bill have been on high alert and patrolling the area....She should have just got out the car and let the old bill do what they got to do and work with the community.
    There was also a 2 year old boy who got shot in the head along with his mother about 2 miles away in Harlesden a few weeks back, knife and gun crime is off the scale right now in W.London so the community needs to work together because it might be your son or granddaughter who gets caught in the crossfire.

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    Yes that's her

The mother of a black kid murdered by white racists

I dont know what her basis for suggesting the fire brigade were guilty of racism on the night of grenfell was though

If the police version of events is correct then they should have been stopped.
    The police said they smelt cannabis

If they did then they are supposed to swab the driver

Why didnt they do this ?

What other parts of the incident have they got wrong ?

And she is a baroness.
    Our prime minister thinks black people have watermelon smiles , an extremely racially offensive term from the days of slavery in the deep south of the united states

That's our prime minister

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    What if the police thought there is a fast car with tinted windows , it's a drugs dealer , let's stop them

They were right that the couple were black but after saying they smelt cannabis no swab test was carried out on the driver

lets be honest here

they were asked to pull over, they didnt, when they were stopped they wouldnt get out of the car

it doesnt matter if you are black or white, the police are never going to be happy with the above

i am guessing if i drive that car around any city of town and drive on the wrong side of the road, if the police see me they will pull me over, if i dont stop, they are going to follow me till they can force me to

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    What if the police thought there is a fast car with tinted windows , it's a drugs dealer , let's stop them

They were right that the couple were black but after saying they smelt cannabis no swab test was carried out on the driver
    I read the smiley as recognition of the humour in the "black people in a car with tinted windows" comment and how they were racially profiled.

Thats not racist though, thats drug dealer-ist ( which many might think is the job of the police )

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    That is utterly disgraceful (from, her not you) !!!
    Those brave boys & girls, put their lives on the line, to have an accusation like that aimed at them, with no means of defence, is the lowest of the low.
    I don’t normally get involved in threads like this, as most posters are just “point scoring” !!!! But her comments made my blood boil and doesn’t do anything to help, anyone’s fight against racism.
    I agree with you on this, that's a shithouse comment, and extremely unhelpful

Feedback

Feedback

Well it's clear that everyone isnt being treated equally is it ?
    see earlier post about being stopped in London for a minor offence

The police stop far more people from a racial minority than their demographic in society represents
    maybe crime happens in certain areas, and maybe those areas have higher than average BAME residents. It should not surprise you that more crime happens in Ely than say Cyncoed. People's skin colour is nothing to do with it, whereas social circumstance plays are very large part.

As for playing the race card these people are professional athletes who have represented their country , you havnt got a problem as you are not being stopped because of the colour of your skin , this woman's partner has been stopped 15 times
    I doubt anyone on hear, including you, could identify them as athletes before this incident.

The drugs stuff is bullshit , if the police smell cannabis in a car they have to give a roadside drugs test as driving whilst impaired is a criminal offence . But they didnt do one .
    maybe after a search the police realised the smell was coming from elsewhere.

once again you're a SJW who likes to believe one version without establishing the full facts. we have no idea what happened as we don't have the full facts.

Feedback

And why not ?

You are a black woman and you are stopped by the police and the police handcuff your boyfriend who is black , they handcuff you saying they are searching for weapons and your baby is left in the car , they say they can smell drugs but dont test the driver , your boyfriend , for drugs ?

How would you feel ?

I would feel angry and pissed off

Why havnt they charged the couple with any offences ?

They apparently failed to stop , drove on the wrong side of the road and police smelled drugs in their car ?

Both of them are athletes, I would be furious
    have the police ever stopped a white person for similar offences? did those people cry to the press about it?

i'm pretty sure the sink estates of Cardiff are full of people who get stopped for no other reason than where they live. But that would be a non story because they're white.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    An interesting viewpoint - and one that defies all the data.

Do you think racial profiling is racist?

I assume you don't as you have already got to the argument that 'black people' commit x times more crime (knife crime is just an example) therefore should be x times more targeted by the police. In my innocence I thought criminals committed x times more crime so the police should use objective intelligence (not stereotypes and plain prejudice) to target criminals!
    come on Jon you're clever enough. knife crime is not homogeneous in London it is restricted to certain areas, areas that have higher than average BAME residents. Thats not suggesting that BAME are more likely to commit knife crime, but areas of social deprivation are more likely to have higher incidents. If you specifically target those areas, then you are going to have higher than normal instances on people from those areas being stopped and searched. That's not racist. However, as these areas have higher than average BAME residents, then it would appear than the BAME community is being searched out of proportion.

Let me put it another way - during the Northern Ireland troubles, were the RUC and MI6 looking for terrorists in Northern Ireland, Wales, France or Kenya? Where do you think the security services would have more success in focusing their attention - it is the same here. If there is knife crime, then focus on those areas where the crime is happening.

Feedback

Well to be fair to you , people have provided you with statistics regarding stop and search and in your opinion they were not worthy of comment so you wont be breaking the habit of a lifetime
    people have not provided any statistics, they have provided articles to support their own position.

if the statistics are there that support your position, they must be easy for you to find. If you can find them, great, share them with us. if you can't find them, then they clearly don't exist.

Feedback

Therefore why is it a black person is 7 times more likely to be stopped in south wales by the police than a white person ?
    you said Cardiff earlier, not South Wales. which is it?

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    come on Jon you're clever enough. knife crime is not homogeneous in London it is restricted to certain areas, areas that have higher than average BAME residents. Thats not suggesting that BAME are more likely to commit knife crime, but areas of social deprivation are more likely to have higher incidents. If you specifically target those areas, then you are going to have higher than normal instances on people from those areas being stopped and searched. That's not racist. However, as these areas have higher than average BAME residents, then it would appear than the BAME community is being searched out of proportion.

Let me put it another way - during the Northern Ireland troubles, were the RUC and MI6 looking for terrorists in Northern Ireland, Wales, France or Kenya? Where do you think the security services would have more success in focusing their attention - it is the same here. If there is knife crime, then focus on those areas where the crime is happening.
    I agree with some of that but it dodges the charge of racial profiling. If the police are targeting people just because of their skin colour or nationality - that is racist. It is simple. If they are targeting people because of location, time of day, gang membership, behaviour consistent with probable criminal activity, and a number of other relevant factors, that is probably a reasonable and evidence-based way of targeting resources. As I understand the data and anecdotes, what is presented as one thing regularly slips into the other - with crude racial profiling underpinning the stop and search statistics (and in fact most of the statistics that show discriminatory treatment of BAME people throughout the police and criminal justice system - from police stop to conviction and sentence length).

have the police ever stopped a white person for similar offences? did those people cry to the press about it?

i'm pretty sure the sink estates of Cardiff are full of people who get stopped for no other reason than where they live. But that would be a non story because they're white.
    So you think these people are playing the race card ?

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    lets be honest here

they were asked to pull over, they didnt, when they were stopped they wouldnt get out of the car

it doesnt matter if you are black or white, the police are never going to be happy with the above

i am guessing if i drive that car around any city of town and drive on the wrong side of the road, if the police see me they will pull me over, if i dont stop, they are going to follow me till they can force me to
    If you were a woman with a baby in the back of a car and the police were trying to drag you out do you think you would try and protect your baby ?

It's a mothers instinct

International

If you were a woman with a baby in the back of a car and the police were trying to drag you out do you think you would try and protect your baby ?

It's a mothers instinct
    But did she, by her own actions, bring the thing to that point in the first place?

see earlier post about being stopped in London for a minor offence

maybe crime happens in certain areas, and maybe those areas have higher than average BAME residents. It should not surprise you that more crime happens in Ely than say Cyncoed. People's skin colour is nothing to do with it, whereas social circumstance plays are very large part.

I doubt anyone on hear, including you, could identify them as athletes before this incident.

maybe after a search the police realised the smell was coming from elsewhere.

once again you're a SJW who likes to believe one version without establishing the full facts. we have no idea what happened as we don't have the full facts.
    The smell was coming from somewhere else ?

Ok if you want to believe that then carry on

What's a SJW ?

people have not provided any statistics, they have provided articles to support their own position.

if the statistics are there that support your position, they must be easy for you to find. If you can find them, great, share them with us. if you can't find them, then they clearly don't exist.
    Loads of statistics on stop and search out there showing black people are more likely to be stopped than white people

There is a video of a copper stopping a black guy in cambridge , he says to the black guy ......I am not going to lie to you , you are a black guy .....no shit sherlock ......and we have a lot of drug dealing going on here .....

you said Cardiff earlier, not South Wales. which is it?
    7 times more likely in south wales , 7.4 percent in cardiff

Feedback

So you think these people are playing the race card ?
    I have no idea, i wasn't there, and there isn't enough evidence to form an opinion either way.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    But did she, by her own actions, bring the thing to that point in the first place?
    Her own actions were sitting in the back of a car with her 3 month old baby boy

Why did those female coppers feel the need to handcuff a mother who was cradling her baby ?

What threat was she ?

Feedback

The smell was coming from somewhere else ?

Ok if you want to believe that then carry on

What's a SJW ?
    I have no idea if there was weed in the area, in the car or anywhere else. its not uncommon to smell weed when you're out and about. you of all people should know its quite popular. I cant walk the length of my local park without coming across the sweet smell of Mary Jane.

SJW = social justice warrior. someone who is always fighting on behalf of others irrespective of whether they want people fighting for them or not.