+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: East Leicester Whats Going

East Leicester Whats Going

Seems an appalling state of events , Its hard to understand how in modern times this could go on , how do local authorities not know about this , surely health and safety inspections go on , who validates these business, there's stories of slavery, one reports that on night shifts door are locked with folk inside, imagine a fire breaking out , there's got to be fire checks , building fit fir business checks , they reckon 10 thousand people are working there, some illegal hence their silence.

Banned

Re: East Leicester Whats Going

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Seems an appalling state of events , Its hard to understand how in modern times this could go on , how do local authorities not know about this , surely health and safety inspections go on , who validates these business, there's stories of slavery, one reports that on night shifts door are locked with folk inside, imagine a fire breaking out , there's got to be fire checks , building fit fir business checks , they reckon 10 thousand people are working there, some illegal hence their silence.
    Link?

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    Link?
    All over the news best to google it this story is going to run ,looks like the Covid lockdown has forced the issues to the fore ,it's worth a read and investigate, give it a go .

Or try this newsgroup https://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Hot+Topics/Leicester+Lockdown

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/120042...pite-lockdown/

not confined just to Leicester but most midland cities and I read an article that dozens of people have disappeared from that North Wales poultry factory that was struck down with covid . the authorities keep a blind eye so it seems

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post

not confined just to Leicester but most midland cities and I read an article that dozens of people have disappeared from that North Wales poultry factory that was struck down with covid . the authorities keep a blind eye so it seems
    Isn't there one in Merthyr as well , albeit I presume its not slavery ,the world can be savage greedy place ,what I cant understand how properties like the ones in Leicester remain open ,surely there are inspections and checks or are there ?

its been a problem here for years, Asians ( mainly Indians ) get EU passports and can then legally work here, they will live 10 to a room, the employer will pay them min wage but as they provide accommodation for them they will take a % of wages from that, thus they become slaves

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    its been a problem here for years, Asians ( mainly Indians ) get EU passports and can then legally work here, they will live 10 to a room, the employer will pay them min wage but as they provide accommodation for them they will take a % of wages from that, thus they become slaves

""North Evington is the most overcrowded ward in the city and almost 60 per cent of its population is of South Asian background, which Mr Joshi claims may account for the coronavirus increase in the area.*

North Evington is made up of tightly packed terraced homes and is the site of a number of religious places of worship as well as busy shops and factories.

(Leicester's houses are the most overcrowded in the UK outside London, according to the 2011 Census.)

Councillor Joshi said: 'We have a lot of inter-generational households, where young people live with their grandparents. South Asians also tend to live in larger family groups, which increases the risk of infection. Since the easing of the lockdown, a lot of youngsters have been going out more and not maintaining social distance. There's a high chance that they came home and passed on the virus to elderly relatives'.""

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Isn't there one in Merthyr as well , albeit I presume its not slavery ,the world can be savage greedy place ,what I cant understand how properties like the ones in Leicester remain open ,surely there are inspections and checks or are there ?
    The one in Merthyr used to mini bus people in and out. People were working opposite shifts and sharing beds.. one in one out.

Not slavery but a ****ing pitiful way to live.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    The one in Merthyr used to mini bus people in and out. People were working opposite shifts and sharing beds.. one in one out.

Not slavery but a ****ing pitiful way to live.
    Its modern day slavery

goes on alot in the Emirates in the building and hospitality industry , the agent even holds the persons passport, so they cannot leave

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post

Fowl play was suspected.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Its modern day slavery

goes on alot in the Emirates in the building and hospitality industry , the agent even holds the persons passport, so they cannot leave
    Lads I worked with used to say there were 12 in a house 6 at a time swapping over on shifts. Probably had their rent taken out of their wage at an extortionate rate as well.

When I did agency work for 3 weeks in between jobs a few years ago I was asked if the money I earned went into my own bank and if anyone else controlled my finances or something along them lines... It seems that in many cases they're being robbed of their earnings.. lads working on site on price can easily be ripped off as well if "the boss" is earning £4 a metre sq they'll give them £2 etc. Robbing *****.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Lads I worked with used to say there were 12 in a house 6 at a time swapping over on shifts. Probably had their rent taken out of their wage at an extortionate rate as well.

When I did agency work for 3 weeks in between jobs a few years ago I was asked if the money I earned went into my own bank and if anyone else controlled my finances or something along them lines... It seems that in many cases they're being robbed of their earnings.. lads working on site on price can easily be ripped off as well if "the boss" is earning £4 a metre sq they'll give them £2 etc. Robbing *****.
    panorama ( or similar ) did a undercover type of show on it a few years back

as i said in a previous post, they were about 10 to a room ( on bunk beds ) and the " boss " paid them after he took the rent out, a small 2 up 2 down house might have 30 people in it, it was shocking, one bathroom, truly was poor living conditions

they came over here ( often after blowing every penny they had to get here ) and ended up with nothing extra to send back home ( which is often the plan ) or course the boss and the person both know they cannot complain as they are over here on dodgy passports

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    If they are from the former British colony of India in which EU state are they most likely to be entitled to register as an EU citizen?