+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Holidays Abroad

Holidays Abroad

Anyone risking it?

Anyone already gone - if so what's it like.

Weighing up whether to go to Spain or not

Re: Holidays Abroad

My missus is hinting but I’ve told her that I want a full report off someone who’s been re. the bars and restaurants situation, the beach, pools etc, in fact the lot. I’d be reluctant to go with (understandable) restrictions, my idea of a holiday is full freedom.

we might have a theme park break in Holland ( Eftiling ) in Oct, we can drive over

we went last year and had plans to go back next year, but i dont fancy a flight

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    My missus is hinting but I’ve told her that I want a full report off someone who’s been re. the bars and restaurants situation, the beach, pools etc, in fact the lot. I’d be reluctant to go with (understandable) restrictions, my idea of a holiday is full freedom.
    I'm based in Barcelona, about 1 to 2 weeks ago we've seen the restrictions lifted more or less. However, we are starting to witness a massive increase in cases. 2 things, we are testing a lot more and the death rate is still very very low. I suspect if it increase we'll see some sort of lockdown.

Booked the 1st week in august (an hour up the coast) and i'm nervous we won't be able to go so i'd say those looking to fly to Spain are taking a big risk with cancellations currently.

I’d be reluctant to go with (understandable) restrictions, my idea of a holiday is full freedom.
    Agreed, I'd rather wait and be able to feel like I'm on an actual holiday not some sort of cheated holiday if that makes sense

This year's trips to Italy (to see Inter and Bergamo), Ireland (to see Santana), Kazakhstan/Kyrgystan, Azerbaijan and Argentina (late Nov) were all cancelled so I'll give flying a miss for the rest of the year. Morocco last Jan will have been my only foreign sojourn in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Anyone risking it?

Anyone already gone - if so what's it like.

Weighing up whether to go to Spain or not
    Going to Granada on July 16th.

Looking forward to it 👍

International

Full freedom? Either let the wife go and stay at home yourself or go on your own. Job done.

Not for me, hopefully next year now.

Its not even just the plane or the transfer etc, you can catch it anywhere and the thought of me or my wife being stuck in a foreign hospital alone, no visitors potentially no contact if really ill. Not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Full freedom? Either let the wife go and stay at home yourself or go on your own. Job done.
    Thinly veiled are the beaches in Cap D'Agde open yet post I thought!

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Thinly veiled are the beaches in Cap D'Agde open yet post I thought!
    Yes, they are To the French they are, definitely

Me, my wife, my son, daughter in law, two granddaughters and mother were supposed to be in Malta now but it was all cancelled so I’ve booked a villa with a pool in France near to Bergerac where we stayed during the Euros 16. I’ve hired a 9 seater and driving over via the Eurotunnel. We’re going on 20th July for two weeks.

The small town Centre of Eymet is 200m away from where we are staying which has a few restaurants and bars if we do decide to venture out.

I thought it Safer than flying to a beach resort thus possibly avoiding the issue of being turned away from overcrowded beaches or hotel pools and byvhaving our own place so we are well distanced from others.
    I’d been in Contact with the villa owner (which is normally a 4 bed B&B but they’re giving the whole property to us exclusively) for weeks anticipating the quarantine restrictions being lifted and they held it for us, as it suited them to have one family staying long term.
    Luckily it paid off.
    Eurotunnel was only £202 for the car and all of us... bargain

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Going to Granada on July 16th.

Looking forward to it ��
    Quite possibly one of the nicest locations without tourist, hope it works out for you