+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: City fade away after bright start and can have no complaints at defeat.

City fade away after bright start and can have no complaints at defeat.

Re: City fade away after bright start and can have no complaints at defeat.

I’d like to say that was a good read Paul, unfortunately it was a sobering, bringing us back down to earth reading. Summed up well, we’ve got it all to do, let’s hope we can continue our Indian sign over Fulham.

That Bacuna pass, played hastily into space whilst under pressure was what epitomised that second half performance. He has been the picture of composure the last few weeks and in that moment instead of playing the ball back to Smithies he opted to play it in field and credit to Armstrong for being alert and latching onto the end of it.

It triggered Harris to send bodies off the bench, but Cardiff had lost a grip hold on the game at that stage and Blackburn looked very comfortable in defence. Tomlin was ineffective, simply marked out of the game, Ward was in the same predicament, so everything fell on Paterson to make something out of hopeful lofted balls into the final third.

Would be interested if Harris opts to start Tomlin against Fulham.

City could have done with a crowd behind them last night.

Bacuna had the option of going back to the keeper or buying a cheap foul.

Maybe his recent confidence played a part in his decision to play that pass.

I sometimes watch with hope as we may nick a goal, but after their third last night I watched it all (as it cost me a tenner) but I was never hopeful of us scoring another goal. They were better.

That was depressing last night. I haven’t felt like this, since Blackpool at Wembley !!!!

Every player looked tired and jaded. Even the dependable Smithies couldn’t catch the rebound off the post (not blaming him, but by his standards, 9 times out of 10 he’d caught it)

I’m not normally worried about play offs , actually hate them, but as we can’t attend at the moment, being in them, would have suited me down to the ground.

Also 3 points last night, would have put pressure on Forest, whose bottle seems to have gone.

Did our players want it enough last night, or are they really that tired after 4 games ????

So depressing and not picking on individuals (well I am), what is the point of f ucking playing Murphy, disgrace to the shirt.

Win some, lose some. This is the championship. Get a grip, you wet blankets

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Pretty accurate post

I think this was inevitable really, we've had a good run and rode our luck a bit at times, it was always going to end at some point, as we are a very average side at this level.
    At no point this season have we looked good enough to go up, but as usual - it's the hope that kills you

Blackburn's whole season rested on that game in that it was three points or bust and they put an awful lot into it - it will be interesting to see if they have as much energy next time out.

I was surprised that we seemed to have gone the whole hog in becoming a play the ball from the back side until we were chasing the game late on.Our players haven't done too badly at it over the past five matches, but most of them weren't signed for their ability to play like that and the better sides at playing a possession based, passing game are always going to have an advantage over us -we shouldn't lose sight of the things we were good at before the opportunity to bring in some better suited players for the way we've been playing becomes available.

All is not lost

Remain calm

We will fight them on the beaches

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Exactly.

You'd have to say it was coming as well after 3 wind and a draw in 4.

Overall it's not a bad return.

You could argue most would have had us for a loss at leads and to heat these so not a lot changes really points wise.

You have to think we will freshen it up Friday, but if we were to keep Murphy in and rest hoilett for NML for example there's not much threat from the bench to bring on..so do you use the more defensive Whyte and keep some speed on the bench for impact?

Be interesting.

I was disappointed that when Tomlin came on and that Paterson was brought in at the same time. I think CP is brilliant for us but when he’s on we tend to play the ball forward more quickly and by pass Tomlin. I would have left Glatzel on, taken Hoillet off as he looked tired and tried Whyte in his place. Overall though, Blackburn deserved their win for the second half performance which we couldn’t deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by SOXY BOY View Post
    I was disappointed that when Tomlin came on and that Paterson was brought in at the same time. I think CP is brilliant for us but when he’s on we tend to play the ball forward more quickly and by pass Tomlin. I would have left Glatzel on, taken Hoillet off as he looked tired and tried Whyte in his place. Overall though, Blackburn deserved their win for the second half performance which we couldn’t deal with.
    Bravo.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I think this was inevitable really, we've had a good run and rode our luck a bit at times, it was always going to end at some point, as we are a very average side at this level.
    At no point this season have we looked good enough to go up, but as usual - it's the hope that kills you
    We're OK as a well-organized unit, everyone playing their part, but when 'football' takes over and we need to move the ball and players around quickly and decisively, our shortcomings in pure footballing ability are exposed.

[QUOTE=A Quiet Monkfish;5095583]We're OK as a well-organized unit, everyone playing their part, but when 'football' takes over and we need to move the ball and players around quickly and decisively, our shortcomings in pure footballing ability are exposed.[/QUOTE

I'd rather we continued to try to play football and improve on that than go back the well-organized unit thing.

Blackburn worked us out, they pressed high and forced us into making poor choices with the ball and it exposed our infancy in playing out from the back. We looked tired as well.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    We're OK as a well-organized unit, everyone playing their part, but when 'football' takes over and we need to move the ball and players around quickly and decisively, our shortcomings in pure footballing ability are exposed.
    We could have gone long for the last half hour but i'm glad that we didn't. That also exposes our shortcomings.