+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Team v Fulham

Team v Fulham

Clearly a few changes need to be made as several players well off the pace last night. Sanderson certainly needs a rest, as does Hoilett. I wonder too, if it's time to bring in Bamba to support the defence with Mitrovic back. Bamba will certainly bring energy to the team. Bacuna needs a rest but I think he may have to start at right back. I also think Paterson has a part to play, but just behind the striker.

Smithies
    Bacuna
    Morrison
    Nelson
    Bennett
    Ralls
    Pack
    Paterson
    Tomlin
    Glazel
    Murphy

Re: Team v Fulham

Bacuna is better in midfield - he's not a right back - We'll have to stick with Sanderson however he needs reminding that he's a defender
    Keep the back 4 the same

We are not going to have the ball Friday and there is no way we can have Pack and Tomlin closing down - you may as well not bother - besides Tomlin hasn't got 45 minutes in him as our manager has admitted -
    Our midfield 3 has to remain the same.

Murphy is a luxury we can't afford if we don't have the ball - I'd leave him on the bench.

Playing Paterson behind Glatzel changes the formation - can't see that happening

I think he'll go back to Hoillet Paterson NML - admittedly Junior was out on his feet but whats the alternative - Whyte? No thank you.

Paterson for first 65 minutes then Glatzel. I'd keep Glatzel fresher for Derby. I can't see us getting anything Friday though I'm much more hopeful for our last 3 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Clearly a few changes need to be made as several players well off the pace last night. Sanderson certainly needs a rest, as does Hoilett. I wonder too, if it's time to bring in Bamba to support the defence with Mitrovic back. Bamba will certainly bring energy to the team. Bacuna needs a rest but I think he may have to start at right back. I also think Paterson has a part to play, but just behind the striker.

Smithies
    Bacuna
    Morrison
    Nelson
    Bennett
    Ralls
    Pack
    Paterson
    Tomlin
    Glazel
    Murphy
    Pack!! - don't you want to try and get something from the game?

I get the feeling it’ll be a team set up to frustrate Fulham and hope to grab a point, with an eye on the Derby game.

Murphy? Can we really afford that in the hope he might have one of his 1 in 10 good games?

Smithies

Bennett
    Morrison
    Nelson
    Sanderson

Smith
    Pack
    Bacuna

Paterson
    Vaulks/Ralls

Murphy

It's not the best team on paper, but i'm thinking about setting up to defend, press and counter attack with players that are not knackered.

Smithies
    Bacuna
    Morrison
    Nelson
    Bennett
    Ralls
    Pack
    Paterson
    Tomlin
    Glazel
    Murphy
    Not meaning to sound harsh but that is one bad team

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Not meaning to sound harsh but that is one bad team
    Dont disagree with you, but I was just trying a few options as I really do think changes need to be made to freshen up team.

Dont disagree with you, but I was just trying a few options as I really do think changes need to be made to freshen up team.
    Glad you didn't take it offensively, happens too often on here.

We definitely need a freshen up, the issue I find is that if we were to rest a couple (hoilett is a good example of a tired man!!) Then if we bring in NML and stick with Murphy who's basically fresh then we have no pace to come off the bench.

Is Cunningham fit?

I'd suggest Mayembe off then bench which would give hoilett a rest and offer pace from the bench but I don't think NH is ready to risk that at this point in the season.

What was your formation by the way?

We dont really have the options.

Pack and Murphy are a no no for this game in my opinion.

If NML is back hes the only change. Its these kind of times i wish we had Peltier still on the books.

Smithies

Sanderson
    Bamba
    Morrison
    Nelson
    Bennett

Paterson
    Bacuna
    Ralls
    Vaulks

Glatzel

Let's go full shithouse.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Glad you didn't take it offensively, happens too often on here.

We definitely need a freshen up, the issue I find is that if we were to rest a couple (hoilett is a good example of a tired man!!) Then if we bring in NML and stick with Murphy who's basically fresh then we have no pace to come off the bench.

Is Cunningham fit?

I'd suggest Mayembe off then bench which would give hoilett a rest and offer pace from the bench but I don't think NH is ready to risk that at this point in the season.

What was your formation by the way?

I would love to shoehorn Bamba into the side. His enthusiasm would lift spirits in the team, even if he made a few bowlers.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Smithies

Sanderson
    Bamba
    Morrison
    Nelson
    Bennett

Paterson
    Bacuna
    Ralls
    Vaulks

Glatzel

Let's go full shithouse.
    As I have said, elsewhere Bamba would energise the team. I would definitely have him in the side.

Smithies

Sanderson
    Bamba
    Morrison
    Nelson
    Bennett

Paterson
    Bacuna
    Ralls
    Vaulks

Glatzel

Let's go full shithouse.
    I like that team - proper sh1thousery there

As I have said, elsewhere Bamba would energise the team. I would definitely have him in the side.
    10 points since lockdown has been an unmitigated disaster after all

I would love to shoehorn Bamba into the side. His enthusiasm would lift spirits in the team, even if he made a few bowlers.
    Paterson CM then? I actually like him as a 10 can't remember him in CM so he couldn't have done that bad..
    Not sure on Tomlin out wide either I know he can cut inside but he's a threat down the middle isn't he.

But like you say, it's ideas to rotate the team.

Smithies

Sanderson
    Bamba
    Morrison
    Nelson
    Bennett

Paterson
    Bacuna
    Ralls
    Vaulks

Glatzel

Let's go full shithouse.
    Go 5 3 1 1 Paterson can be his nuisance self, but behind the striker. Still got 3 midfielder's and Paterson can drop in if needed.

I wouldn't whinge if I saw that Friday night. I'm not against hard to beat... Just with a striker on the pitch playing the striker role

Ooofffff them Bamba long legs as well.. can see him stretching them out now as he recovers from a slight mistake..

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    I like that team - proper sh1thousery there
    Go 1 up and sub off Glatzel and get Brad Smith in there.

Go 1 up and sub off Glatzel and get Brad Smith in there.
    Too many wingers with Brad Smith on the pitch. We need a defender.

Smithies, Sanderson Nelson Morrison Bennett, Bamba, Ralls Vaulks, Paterson Glatzel

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Smithies, Sanderson Nelson Morrison Bennett, Bamba, Ralls Vaulks, Paterson Glatzel
    That's just overconfidence.

I think Fulham are over rated too - but we should probably go 11 v 11!

Smithies

Sanderson
    Bamba
    Morrison
    Nelson
    Bennett

Paterson
    Bacuna
    Ralls
    Vaulks

Glatzel

Let's go full shithouse.

I’d go along with that, as we’ve been getting nothing from our so called pace-men/wingers. Maybe bring them on in the 92nd minute to waste time

The problem wasn’t our wingers in the Blackburn game it was our defending! We scored two great goals!

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I’d go along with that, as we’ve been getting nothing from our so called pace-men/wingers. Maybe bring them on in the 92nd minute to waste time
    NML has been the best of the three, Hoilett's goal aside against Leeds aside, but bringing him on with 15 mins to go to chase balls over the top would be a better use of him in this game.

I'd love us to set up as above, I don't think Fulham have the heart for a game like that. Much like Leeds, they like someone to play like they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    The problem wasn’t our wingers in the Blackburn game it was our defending! We scored two great goals!
    Murphy and Hoilett did very little. Hoilett looked leggy 2 games ago and needs a break