+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Team v Fulham

Re: Team v Fulham

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I’d go along with that, as we’ve been getting nothing from our so called pace-men/wingers. Maybe bring them on in the 92nd minute to waste time
    Swap Glatzel for flint and put him in between the midfield and defence

No point changing the back 4. They're settled and are the best 4 for the job. Reading a few suggesting we bring back Bamba. He was so bad when he came back in January that he was swiftly rested. Bamba won't play for us again. He's past it. The last injury has done for him.

Ralls, Bacuna and Vaulks are in good form. Pack isn't the answer. There's only one player I'd consider in there to tackle, harass and track back and that's Paterson. Doing the ugly work is his thing. Maybe rest Bacuna. Vaulks has had one game off. Ralls might not get a game off!

That leaves the front 3. If Fulham dominate possession we need an outlet and pace to hit them on the break. That's Glatzel, Mendez-Laing and Murphy.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    No point changing the back 4. They're settled and are the best 4 for the job. Reading a few suggesting we bring back Bamba. He was so bad when he came back in January that he was swiftly rested. Bamba won't play for us again. He's past it. The last injury has done for him.

Ralls, Bacuna and Vaulks are in good form. Pack isn't the answer. There's only one player I'd consider in there to tackle, harass and track back and that's Paterson. Doing the ugly work is his thing. Maybe rest Bacuna. Vaulks has had one game off. Ralls might not get a game off!

That leaves the front 3. If Fulham dominate possession we need an outlet and pace to hit them on the break. That's Glatzel, Mendez-Laing and Murphy.
    Bamba had a good 10 mins v Bristol. Not exactly a ringing endorsement to start him but I just feel the team needs a lift and Bamba may be just the person to do it.
    I disagree about the defence. They were all off their game last night, but Sanderson looks like he needs a rest. Bacuna can fill in there, or Smith and I would like to see Paterson in there too. He is a pain whatever position he plays and he may just ruffle a few Fulham feathers.

Start with Smithies, Sanderson, Nelson, Morrison, Bennett, Vaulks, Ralls, Bacuna, Mendez-Laing, Hoilett, Paterson.

Glatzel (for Pato), Tomlin (for Bacuna) and Murphy (for Hoilett) on early in the 2nd half, with Ward (for NML) and an extra defender on later (for Ralls) to protect the one goal lead!

Don't keep Hoilett going for more than an hour - he has been running on empty for the last 2 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Bamba had a good 10 mins v Bristol. Not exactly a ringing endorsement to start him but I just feel the team needs a lift and Bamba may be just the person to do it.
    I disagree about the defence. They were all off their game last night, but Sanderson looks like he needs a rest. Bacuna can fill in there, or Smith and I would like to see Paterson in there too. He is a pain whatever position he plays and he may just ruffle a few Fulham feathers.
    You've followed football for some time. You'll surely know that changing a defence that has been incredible in recent weeks because of a one-off is sheer lunacy. Defenders don't suffer fatigue in the way midfielders and strikers do. Our back 4 had conceded 1 goal in 5 games, yet you now want major changes because of a game where Smithies couldn't quite catch a ball that came back to him at speed after hitting the post and where Bacuna provided an unfortunate assist.

I think you should look elsewhere for scapegoats for last night's defeat than our back 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    You've followed football for some time. You'll surely know that changing a defence that has been incredible in recent weeks because of a one-off is sheer lunacy. Defenders don't suffer fatigue in the way midfielders and strikers do. Our back 4 had conceded 1 goal in 5 games, yet you now want major changes because of a game where Smithies couldn't quite catch a ball that came back to him at speed after hitting the post and where Bacuna provided an unfortunate assist.

I think you should look elsewhere for scapegoats for last night's defeat than our back 4.
    No no no. I am not looking for scapegoats. The whole side was off last night and I just feel a couple of players need a rest and somehow it needs a lift. All these games in a short time is a hell of an ask for a rookie like Sanderson. Paterson will be a pain in the arse to Fulham, whatever position he plays and yes, I know it's a bit left field but I would love to see Bamba back. His enthusiasm makes up for the many other attributes he might lack.