+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Hectic Fixture List

Hectic Fixture List

Reminds me of playing local league football years ago. If we’d had a bad winter after the clocks went forward it was Saturday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, to catch up, sometimes two games in two days midweek if you were still in the cups. 5.45pm kick offs, straight from work. How the f*ck did we do it? Jesus, forgot Sunday League as well, can remember playing Sunday League games on a Wednesday() to catch up. Usually a couple of pints after each game as well, I was like the lodger in my house

Re: Hectic Fixture List

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Reminds me of playing local league football years ago. If we’d had a bad winter after the clocks went forward it was Saturday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, to catch up, sometimes two games in two days midweek if you were still in the cups. 5.45pm kick offs, straight from work. How the f*ck did we do it? Jesus, forgot Sunday League as well, can remember playing Sunday League games on a Wednesday() to catch up. Usually a couple of pints after each game as well, I was like the lodger in my house
    It wasn't just the number of games but almost overnight the pitches went from paddy field to concrete. End of season games resembled a twister in Oklahoma given the dust we churned up

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    It wasn't just the number of games but almost overnight the pitches went from paddy field to concrete. End of season games resembled a twister in Oklahoma given the dust we churned up
    You’re right, it was a pleasure to play on, say, Guest Keen’s or The Civil Service where there was some semblance of ground maintenance, council pitches were a twisted ankle waiting to happen, rutted with stud marks from previous games. Welsh League wasn’t much better either, some right dodgy pitches.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Yes heavy fixtures indeed , loved every minute ,my biggest miss in life is playing footy, gave up at 45 .