+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Issac Vassell

Issac Vassell

Any chance of seeing him before the end of the season?

Seems like a few forgotten players such as him Whyte, Cunningham and Mark Harris

Re: Issac Vassell

Harris was asked about him pre Blackburn game, it didn't sound like he'd be back anytime soon , he added the club had to find out why he had suffered so many injuries in his career.

The club might have tried to figure out why he’d had so many injuries in his career before Warnock shelled out £2m of their money on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Delbert View Post
    The club might have tried to figure out why he’d had so many injuries in his career before Warnock shelled out £2m of their money on him.
    I asked a mate of mine who is a Birmingham City season tickets holder about him when we bought Vassell and his assessment was ‘quick but always injured’

I also noticed Harris’s comments about sports science etc when asked about Vassell’s injury record which makes sense except it seems as thought he sports science behind Vassell’s injuries has yet to be understood.

I’m sorry for Vassell as it must be very frustrating for him but so far he has been a complete waste of the club’s money and was clearly a massive risk when signed. And in general well run organisations avoid taking massive risks.

Saw this online the other day actually https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-city-18552521

It does appear its not just about getting him fit and as B.D. points out body science may have to solve this , cricketers especially bowlers have sought the same type of fix for their bowling actions /injuries

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Harris was asked about him pre Blackburn game, it didn't sound like he'd be back anytime soon , he added the club had to find out why he had suffered so many injuries in his career.
    Maybe the club should have done their due dilligence and steered clear of such a signing instead of pandering to the whims of a 70 year old with his own agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Maybe the club should have done their due dilligence and steered clear of such a signing instead of pandering to the whims of a 70 year old with his own agenda.
    Quite.

Much as I admire Warnock for his man management and motivational skills, his track record in the transfer market is patchy at best.

Clearly Vassell was one to avoid. Surely everyone must have seen that?