+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: George Floyd Good Read

Re: George Floyd Good Read

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    It's an interesting article to be fair, well balanced with some interesting points to make.

Very long though, maybe the reason Wales-Bales is a bit vague about it is that he only gave himself three minutes to read the whole thing (the attachment on Chauvin is equally as long as the main article) before replying. Life on Mars must've been tired because he didn't reply to Wales-Bales (it was quarter to one in the morning to be fair. Come to think about it, it was an amazing coincidence that both of them were on here at that time) and now seems to have forgotten he even started the thread because he hasn't come back to pass comment on it. Maybe he's got to the end of the article now and doesn't think it was such a good read after all.
    What are you rambling on about? My comment about Floyd had nothing to do with the article. I actually did read it this morning, and I've already done a deep dive on Floyd & Chauvin a few weeks ago that goes way beyond what the Snopes perception influencers want you to know.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    What are you rambling on about? My comment about Floyd had nothing to do with the article. I actually did read it this morning, and I've already done a deep dive on Floyd & Chauvin a few weeks ago that goes way beyond what the Snopes perception influencers want you to know.
    We are blessed to have you on here to cut through all the noise for us.

Why dont you summarise for us, and put us in the picture about what's really going on.

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    We are blessed to have you on here to cut through all the noise for us.

Why dont you summarise for us, and put us in the picture about what's really going on.
    Likely to get some gibberish about doing your own research but now is really not a good time. His hero's Supreme Court picks have cleared a path for Trump's tax and financial returns to be released to New York prosecutors and Donny is in the middle of a twitter hissy fit. It may be some time before he comes up from the deep dive on this. But rest assured when he does it will go way beyond whatever those Supreme Court perception influencers want you to know!

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Likely to get some gibberish about doing your own research but now is really not a good time. His hero's Supreme Court picks have cleared a path for Trump's tax and financial returns to be released to New York prosecutors and Donny is in the middle of a twitter hissy fit. It may be some time before he comes up from the deep dive on this. But rest assured when he does it will go way beyond whatever those Supreme Court perception influencers want you to know!
    What makes you think I am interested in that? There is a once in a generation opportunity to clean up the corrupt Washington institutions, and you are busy creaming yourself over a here today, gone tomorow president. It's no wonder you totally fecked up the Russia collusion hoax cos you can't see the wood for the trees. You are the most obsessive and irrational person I have ever come across.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    I'm always amazed at how WB has the ability to think and analyse in a way that nobody on here is able to do, then reach conclusions most of us are incapable of reaching. Also a top sportsman and highly educated. I feel a sense of inadequacy and shame.

Join Date June 2016
    Location Inside Your Head
    Posts 17,870

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I'm always amazed at how WB has the ability to think and analyse in a way that nobody on here is able to do, then reach conclusions most of us are incapable of reaching. Also a top sportsman and highly educated. I feel a sense of inadequacy and shame.
    Maybe so - but at least you are blessed with self-awareness!

Me too. Clue....It might not be yours!

At least I never got hoaxed like Cyril did, so there is that

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    I don't understand the purpose of the article. Irrespective of whether Floyd was a violent criminal or Mother Theresa, he died as a result of police brutality. And given the video evidence, its incontrovertible.
    Completely correct.

First Team

Yes it was irrelevant to the case, but the media were making him out to be some kind of saint. Would you put a bloke on a pedestal who had 9 drink driving offences, and consider him to be a lovable rougue? The law is the law and we all have to abide by the rules, plus the article was written by the perception changing Snopes website.
    With no due respect, that's bollocks. You are advocating treating people differently in the George Floyd circumstance based on their past. And that is unacceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    With no due respect, that's bollocks. You are advocating treating people differently in the George Floyd circumstance based on their past. And that is unacceptable.
    Where have I said that? The criminal case is entirely separate from the opinions that people have of him as a person, and they have no influence on the outcome of the prosecution.

And so you should!

That sign was so small......

What makes you think I am interested in that? There is a once in a generation opportunity to clean up the corrupt Washington institutions, and you are busy creaming yourself over a here today, gone tomorow president. It's no wonder you totally fecked up the Russia collusion hoax cos you can't see the wood for the trees. You are the most obsessive and irrational person I have ever come across.
    Is there anyone who hasn't seen the Trump thread on the politics board? Just have a look at it for a while - you don't have to read the thousands of messages, just go to a few random pages and look at the names of the posters and then ask yourself if the person above dissing a "here today, gone tomorrow president" can possibly be the same Wales Bales as the one in that thread.

W B reminds me of a fella who used to work with me,he would wait till he heard the mornings conversation and start a disagreement with who was the closest to him.Then he would have the opposite opinion with the next person.I wondered where he went to.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Is there anyone who hasn't seen the Trump thread on the politics board? Just have a look at it for a while - you don't have to read the thousands of messages, just go to a few random pages and look at the names of the posters and then ask yourself if the person above dissing a "here today, gone tomorrow president" can possibly be the same Wales Bales as the one in that thread.
    I'm not saying Trump didn't play a part in exposing the massive corruption of the previous administration, but he doesn't have the power to rectify the situation. That will all be down to the Attorney General, and whatever Barr does or doesn't do will have a big impact on future generations. Trump is just a bit part player who will soon be gone, so I don't understand why people get so hung up on him.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    W B reminds me of a fella who used to work with me,he would wait till he heard the mornings conversation and start a disagreement with who was the closest to him.Then he would have the opposite opinion with the next person.I wondered where he went to.
    Depends if he had the correct opinion or not. I don't argue just for the sake of it, so maybe you chose a bad example.

Depends if he had the correct opinion or not. I don't argue just for the sake of it, so maybe you chose a bad example.
    Nah he never had the correct one on purpose only by chance and who could wind up the quickest.

I'm not saying Trump didn't play a part in exposing the massive corruption of the previous administration, but he doesn't have the power to rectify the situation. That will all be down to the Attorney General, and whatever Barr does or doesn't do will have a big impact on future generations. Trump is just a bit part player who will soon be gone, so I don't understand why people get so hung up on him.
    You've summed up your delusions better than any of your critics could have done there. Trump divides opinions like no other politician I can recall and some of his disciples hang on his every word, if only one of them died as a result of his ludicrous bleach remarks, then that is more than enough justification for me to get "hung up" on him - there are responsibilities which go with his job, but that passes him by because he only ever sees things in terms of himself.

The central point of your argument seems to be that "draining the swamp" (I could say and replacing it with something equally as acrid at this point) is more important than, for example. the 135,822 Americans who have died from the virus as of this morning - I'm pleased to say I'll never have such a warped sense of values as to believe that.