+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Office Birthday

The Office Birthday

19 years ago on this date The Office debuted , listening to Brent today he does wonder if his humour would survive the moral outrage gangs of today , you can see that in life when you make a comic /sarky /of the cuff comment and its leapt upon by the purists .

Re: The Office Birthday

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    19 years ago on this date The Office debuted , listening to Brent today he does wonder if his humour would survive the moral outrage gangs of today , you can see that in life when you make a comic /sarky /of the cuff comment and its leapt upon by the purists .
    Yes it 100% would. People have always been offended by stuff, it's now that people have the ability to broadcast their opinions to millions of others at the click of a button

From the man himself:

https://twitter.com/rickygervais/sta...84120945967104

Nobody with a brain cell is going to be offended by Brent and the office, as the joke is on him, a deluded narcissistic and inadequate white bloke who seems to fail at every juncture. I just so happens that it's funny, sad and desperate in equal measure. It is a worry though that people don't seem to understand parody, the footballing equivalent on cheering opposition goals.

Who are the purists you keep talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Who are the purists you keep talking about?
    There everywhere in life ,they don't practice what they preach , ask Brent .

Why do you ask ??

There everywhere in life ,they don't practice what they preach , ask Brent .

Why do you ask ??
    Because I don't know what it means.

if anything it's a compliment

I was ready to be grumpy and say I hate them and never offer to chip in.