+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Return to Smallsville

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Return to Smallsville

I appreciate the record in Wales is also very poor but I’m intrigued why in the middle of a global pandemic in a country with one of the most appalling records of excess avoidable deaths and with an unfit for purpose testing and tracing system and with a perilously high R rate that lots of people sitting together inside full pubs would be considered a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Delbert View Post
    I appreciate the record in Wales is also very poor but I’m intrigued why in the middle of a global pandemic in a country with one of the most appalling records of excess avoidable deaths and with an unfit for purpose testing and tracing system and with a perilously high R rate that lots of people sitting together inside full pubs would be considered a good thing.
    People aren't 'sitting together'. As I said they're mindful of others. It's a question of attitude. Yours is typical here in Wales. In England they're just more positive and getting on with things.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    People aren't 'sitting together'. As I said they're mindful of others. It's a question of attitude. Yours is typical here in Wales. In England they're just more positive and getting on with things.
    I'm not sure a town the size of Bridgend is representative of all of England

It's a question of attitude. Yours is typical here in Wales. In England they're just more positive and getting on with things.
    Does that include the good people of Leicester?

International

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Does that include the good people of Leicester?
    On first minister's Questions this week someone asked Drakeford about the money offereed by the UK Government and could it be used to fund the alternative if one was found.
    He said (quite rudely) 'I've pot no idea where the member gets this information from. the UK government hasn't offered any money, never has offered any money and will not offer any money. It's a figment of your imagination"

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    On first minister's Questions this week someone asked Drakeford about the money offereed by the UK Government and could it be used to fund the alternative if one was found.
    He said (quite rudely) 'I've pot no idea where the member gets this information from. the UK government hasn't offered any money, never has offered any money and will not offer any money. It's a figment of your imagination"
    I've got no idea what you're talking about. Neither do I care. I voted against the Welsh Assembly and I am opposed to devolution. I think Drakeford's a bellend. However, I also think Monkfish's comments about positive attitudes are laughable considering he's been veering between doom-monger and drama queen for much of the last three months.

International

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I've got no idea what you're talking about. Neither do I care. I voted against the Welsh Assembly and I am opposed to devolution. I think Drakeford's a bellend. However, I also think Monkfish's comments about positive attitudes are laughable considering he's been veering between doom-monger and drama queen for much of the last three months.
    not arguing with any of that. I was just commenting on the relief road thing. Drakeford saying there is no government money and there never was. I'm fairly sure i recall that there was an offer but only to be used for the road and the welsh government wanted the money and then they decide what to do with it. Which we all know would not have been the road.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    not arguing with any of that. I was just commenting on the relief road thing. Drakeford saying there is no government money and there never was. I'm fairly sure i recall that there was an offer but only to be used for the road and the welsh government wanted the money and then they decide what to do with it. Which we all know would not have been the road.
    There's a big difference between being pro-Welsh and anti -English. I think Drakeford & Co take pleasure in blurring the lines..

Banned

They're more positive in England because you're in Wales.

It's a question of attitude. Yours is typical here in Wales. In England they're just more positive and getting on with things.
    "How can you not permit people into a stadium because of social distancing guidelines/rules, whilst allowing 30 footballers, support staff etc. to be as close as physically possible?" (AQM, 17/04/20)

"If social distancing is still in place then how can footballers, staff, etc avoid contact - one rule for one, one rule for another isn't going to go down well. Secondly, by the end of the year there'll be no sponsorship in football. Even if my first point is overcome, no-one is going to pay to watch football played behind closed doors. I doubt any club could pay wages. The only people working will be those in the public sector, and who will be paying them? For those not working - prob 5-6 million, and those furloughed, paying a monthly fee to watch pampered players stroll around an empty ground isn't really going to happen either." (AQM, 23/04/20)

"You'd have to test anything up to 200 each game. If someone comes back positive after a game you would have to restrict both teams for more testing, and waiting, and teams they are going to play, and them, and so on. Having a few thousand people travelling everywhere throughout England and Wales every 3-4 days could probably be one of the worst options." (AQM, 23/04/20)

"The so-called Premier League start up behind closed doors is fraught with problems, and I suspect will draw objections from all areas of society." (AQM, 30/04/20)

"The 'new normal' - the government locks the people up whenever they consider it's in the public interest." (AQM, 28/05/20)

A Quiet Monkfish - unerringly positive throughout the Covid-19 pandemic.