Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
I find it hard to understand why everyone can't see that the Assembly is holding this country back - and drastically. Wales has always lagged behind England in terms of infrastructure and investment, and this is getting worse, rather than better. You can see the difference almost as soon as you cross the bridge into England - it definitely looks wealthier and more prosperous.
The only conclusion I can come to, is that the Labour led Assembly wants nothing to do with the UK Parliament, and they will deliberately avoid any co-operation with Whitehall, even when it means they are effectively hurting themselves, and hurting Wales. A classic case of 'cutting off your nose to spite your face'. The M4 corridor is a classic example. The same ailment seems to afflict Scotland.
Now, whereas I agree that Wales (and Scotland) should have some manner of self-government, this current stance is starting to affect us all, here in Wales. It might change if we had a change of government (either here or in London), but that seems unlikely at the moment. I'm not a raving Tory, but I can't help but feel that if the 'red wall' had fallen in Wales, we might get something done at last.
It's doesn't end just at the Welsh Assembly unfortunately. IC Wales - the website of our national newspaper - has a long article today slagging off Sunak and Johnson for announcing measures that "don't include Wales" :

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...itics-18568227