+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Return to Smallsville

Banned

Re: Return to Smallsville

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Wasn't Jeremy part of the pro-bexit alliance too? So we can blame them both.
    I think you will find that, whatever your biased opinion, Corbyn didn't really commit to being pro-Brexit or anti-Brexit.

Wasn't Jeremy part of the pro-bexit alliance too? So we can blame them both.
    No

It's complicated

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    You could always move....
    He can't - He's 10 years older than you have to be to consider it.

International

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    No
    I think he was. He was definitely in the pro-brexit lobby, although he never said much.

I think he was. He was definitely in the pro-brexit lobby, although he never said much.
    No he wasn't. He was a reluctant ('reform the EU') but consistent Remainer. He wasn't prominent in the official Remain campaign but I think that was more to do with the Lab-Lib campaign leaders edging him out than him avoiding the spotlight. He was clear in the few TV interviews he was given that he supported Remain - but (to the annoyance of his uncritical colleagues) continued to say the EU must be changed. He did well over 100 trade union meetings around the country where he argued for Remain - but very few of them got any national media coverage.

International

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    No he wasn't. He was a reluctant ('reform the EU') but consistent Remainer. He wasn't prominent in the official Remain campaign but I think that was more to do with the Lab-Lib campaign leaders edging him out than him avoiding the spotlight. He was clear in the few TV interviews he was given that he supported Remain - but (to the annoyance of his uncritical colleagues) continued to say the EU must be changed. He did well over 100 trade union meetings around the country where he argued for Remain - but very few of them got any national media coverage.

Fair enough. I would expect that the lack of coverage may have been because the were trade union meetings and not public. almost preaching to the converted isn't it?

Fair enough. I would expect that the lack of coverage may have been because the were trade union meetings and not public. almost preaching to the converted isn't it?
    The tory press basically

The Government said they’d build the road? Anything that follows ‘the government said‘ can be dismissed as pure crap.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Exactly right. I was and still am a massive Jeremy Corbyn fan.

Two types of people voted against him - Greedy bastards and the ill-informed.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    Exactly right. I was and still am a massive Jeremy Corbyn fan.

Two types of people voted against him - Greedy bastards and the ill-informed.
    Well done Bill, I salute your perspicacity and I agree 100%! How some people unfavourably compare him to the buffoon presently in charge is mind boggling.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...apers-18611996

People told not to talk loudly, eat, drink or read newspapers on buses and trains

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Well done Bill, I salute your perspicacity and I agree 100%! How some people unfavourably compare him to the buffoon presently in charge is mind boggling.
    I think corbyn and this crew were too far left for the middle ground voters who were easily swayed by the ammo corbyn gave them and by the filthy scummy right wing media we have in this country

Corbyn was a man of principle but I am glad we have starmer now , hes electable , corbyn wasnt

International

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...apers-18611996

People told not to talk loudly, eat, drink or read newspapers on buses and trains
    I can see clearly how reading a newspaper on a bus could cause further infections.
    and of course all bus drivers will check all around and see if there is anyone walking towards the bus who may just want to get on, before they drive away. They do it all the time.
    What planet are these people on?
    They want to control every aspect of peoples lives and although this pandemic is a serious business they still use it to seek to tell people what to do. It's ingrained!

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Just back after visiting my son & fiance in Bishops Stortford for a few days. It's difficult to convey in words just how life and attitudes are there , [ or 'over the border' as it's now referred to.].

The place was bustling. cafes open, restaurants busy, shops busy, pubs open and full, everyone happy - but mindful of respecting other people's space. People I met and spoke to are looking for every opportunity to get moving as quickly as possible.

Then back here. M4 relief road cancelled for 'environmental reasons'. Firms not bringing jobs because of it. An administration doing everything in it's power to differentiate from England and UK. Almost rejoicing in their grim, depressing, relentless droning about how they'll do it 'our way'. And what's more, pretty much everyone in Wales backing them.

I'm Welsh, but were I 10yrs younger would seriously consider moving 'over the border'..
    This aged well.

Quote Originally Posted by Delbert View Post
    This aged well.