+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fulham score predictions

Fulham score predictions

1-1

Re: Fulham score predictions

I hope NH has had the defensive five in for extra training because if they play anything like they did on Tuesday, Fulham will have a field day!

I'm going for an optimistic 2-2 draw.

1_2 back to winning ways

3-1 unfortunately

Shit or bust 1-3 to the City

Whatever team Neil selects, they owe the fans a quality performance

There is not a chance in hell of winning this match.

2-0 Fulham. We will win our last 3.

Worth considering that, since the QPR defeat, we've won 5, drawn 1 and lost 1 away from home and, since then, we have easily the best away record in the Championship. Prior to that we had won 2 of 14 away trips. At home, we've won only 2 out of our last 9 in the league.

I reckon Fulham, trying to make a last-chance bid for automatic promotion, are there for the taking. 2-0 to City.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Worth considering that, since the QPR defeat, we've won 5, drawn 1 and lost 1 away from home and, since then, we have easily the best away record in the Championship. Prior to that we had won 2 of 14 away trips. At home, we've won only 2 out of our last 9 in the league.

I reckon Fulham, trying to make a last-chance bid for automatic promotion, are there for the taking. 2-0 to City.
    What do you put our amazing away renaissance too?

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    What do you put our amazing away renaissance too?
    A look at our away record under both Harris and Warnock is interesting.

Warnock: P8 W0 D4 L4
    Harris: P13 W7 D3 L3

We've won 5 more points away from home under Harris than we have at home having played the same number of games both home and away. We've also scored 5 more goals away from home over the same period. The obvious blot on the copy book was the 6-1 at Loftus Road.

I think it's quite simple. We're happier for teams to have the ball and attack us, then hit them on the break, where we have enough pace and talent to pinch games. Harris has brought more of a passing game to us. Away from home that can be used as a way of stopping the home team having the ball and having some control. At home, it needs to be more proactive, more attacking. We haven't enough talent to unlock defences playing keep ball but we're very good at hitting teams on the break.

We've won 2 home games in 2020 under Harris. West Brom and Leeds, the top 2. We've rarely looked capable of beating any of the others at home when the **** has been on us to have a go. Simply, having a passing game and trying to break teams down at home doesn't suit us. We're perfect as an away team. It begs the question of why we were so poor under Warnock away from home this season until he was sacked.

A look at our away record under both Harris and Warnock is interesting.

Warnock: P8 W0 D4 L4
    Harris: P13 W7 D3 L3

We've won 5 more points away from home under Harris than we have at home having played the same number of games both home and away. We've also scored 5 more goals away from home over the same period. The obvious blot on the copy book was the 6-1 at Loftus Road.

I think it's quite simple. We're happier for teams to have the ball and attack us, then hit them on the break, where we have enough pace and talent to pinch games. Harris has brought more of a passing game to us. Away from home that can be used as a way of stopping the home team having the ball and having some control. At home, it needs to be more proactive, more attacking. We haven't enough talent to unlock defences playing keep ball but we're very good at hitting teams on the break.

We've won 2 home games in 2020 under Harris. West Brom and Leeds, the top 2. We've rarely looked capable of beating any of the others at home when the **** has been on us to have a go. Simply, having a passing game and trying to break teams down at home doesn't suit us. We're perfect as an away team. It begs the question of why we were so poor under Warnock away from home this season until he was sacked.
    No idea why it has put **** in place on onus....

No idea why it has put **** in place on onus....
    ****?

2-1 to us

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    ****?
    Looks like I made an arse of myself. It would be strange if you could post arse but not ****.

I like Eric's point about Fulham going for it and therefore being there for the taking.

Could we see another sub 30 percent hit and run masterclass?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I like Eric's point about Fulham going for it and therefore being there for the taking.

Could we see another sub 30 percent hit and run masterclass?
    Most likely. We're not going to go toe-to-toe with Fulham and play better football than them. Paterson may start and unleash Glatzel and Ward later on. It's a tactic that has worked so well away from home it would be foolish to change that. It's worth noting that Glatzel has 5 of his 7 goals away from home.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    1-1
    If Paterson starts and he wears their defence down for 70 mins a 2-1 win for us. If he doesn't start, a 4-2 win for Fulham

Most likely. We're not going to go toe-to-toe with Fulham and play better football than them. Paterson may start and unleash Glatzel and Ward later on. It's a tactic that has worked so well away from home it would be foolish to change that. It's worth noting that Glatzel has 5 of his 7 goals away from home.
    It's a dangerous game to play against Fulham who could score in a heartbeat. I see it's plus points but it's not for me as every man and his dog knows by now from reading me drone on and on on here.

I would rather a striker with a goal threat, any of them tbh because at least the chance is always on the pitch. Fulham bring on another CB when they are leading and closing out games, they've learned.

If we go behind I don't think the miniscule Tomlin striker and fast winger cameo will save us this time.

Just my opinion of course.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Shit or bust 1-3 to the City

Whatever team Neil selects, they owe the fans a quality performance
    As long as Neil sticks to Plan A I'm sure it'll be OK

Quote Originally Posted by GL1Blue View Post
    As long as Neil sticks to Plan A I'm sure it'll be OK

Now, now, don’t start the troops off

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    If Paterson starts and he wears their defence down for 70 mins a 2-1 win for us. If he doesn't start, a 4-2 win for Fulham
    That's another point - Paterson's defensive role as a forward.

yeah!! as a striker he's priceless as a defender

I'd overlooked how good our away record has become under Harris. Famous last words, but from what I've seen on tv, Fulham are functional rather than a brilliant footballing side.
    If we can contain, like we do in away games, we may just cause a surprise tonite. For all his detractors, Paterson has a big role to play.

Cairney still out and Mitrovic back....

But I'm sure I saw something on Sky during their last match that showed Fulham have had worse results this calendar year with Mitrovic in the team than when he was missing, despite him being 'the best centre forward in the Championship'!

1 - 1

2-0 Fulham