+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Lockdown and the drum teacher

Lockdown and the drum teacher

On one of my walk routes, I've noticed a drum kit by the front window of a bungalow (oh gawd, I'm turning into Blue Matt).

Yesterday, this teenager lad was playing, and I played it cool - didn't look, but adapted my stride to his beat (which was difficult as he seemed to be playing Mystery Train)

When I came back, I heard loud voices at the bungalow. A guy was standing outside with a crib sheet, shouting thru an open window "You play one with the left then four with the right followed by a paradiddle". Cue drummer - who messed up big time.

Just as well this weird little cameo was being played out in a cul-de-sac several metres from the main drag.

Re: Lockdown and the drum teacher

um there are no drums on mystery train..there's some stick clicking going on but no heads being hit

Nor familiar with Mystery Train but it sounds bangin'!

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Nor familiar with Mystery Train but it sounds bangin'!

Yes I do know that little ditty, a classic and been covered by many, but I didn't know it's name

Total ITK needs to listen to this as it's definite drumming, sounds like the drummer is using "brushes".

Bangin'

its rimshots ..but the recording isn't helping much or my speakers are shite

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    its rimshots ..but the recording isn't helping much or my speakers are shite
    Oooh....sounds painful