+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: FT: FULHAM 2 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: FT: FULHAM 2 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    ..Bobby..you be charitable and I'll be truthful..bloke's a ****

Murphy..if you're reading this..I guess you do because you do **** all on the pitch...just **** off..

Said it a few times this season but on my limited viewings the city have been distinctly mid-table. I’m surprised we’re in a PO spot at this stage.

Credit to Harris for his record so far with what he’s got to play with. Although I’ve heard a couple commentators now say there’s strength in depth in the squad, it still feels a little rag tag on the pitch. Not to reignite the Patterson upfront chestnut (gives it his all and nets a few) but it feels a short term, makeshift solution. I couldn’t tell you now if he’s any cop in his “natural” position.

Leeds, WBA, Brentford, and maybe Fulham now the season is reaching its conclusion, have been a cut above (although saying that, the top two faltered for periods). Below that it feels a bit of a much of a muchness.

I keep reading how good Sanderson is yet every game ive seen (which isnt all) im unimpressed. although a harsh pen.

Quote Originally Posted by Kind of Blue View Post
    Said it a few times this season but on my limited viewings the city have been distinctly mid-table. I’m surprised we’re in a PO spot at this stage.

Credit to Harris for his record so far with what he’s got to play with. Although I’ve heard a couple commentators now say there’s strength in depth in the squad, it still feels a little rag tag on the pitch. Not to reignite the Patterson upfront chestnut (gives it his all and nets a few) but it feels a short term, makeshift solution. I couldn’t tell you now if he’s any cop in his “natural” position.

Leeds, WBA, Brentford, and maybe Fulham now the season is reaching its conclusion, have been a cut above (although saying that, the top two faltered for periods). Below that it feels a bit of a much of a muchness.
    Beyond the current back 4 there's not much depth defensively. Well actually beyond Morrison and Nelson there's not much quality defensively

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I keep reading how good Sanderson is yet every game ive seen (which isnt all) im unimpressed. although a harsh pen.
    Really? Obviously, he had a mare tonight, even before he conceded the penalty, but I think he's played well for us until now. It will be interesting to see how he responds in his next match.

We've got quite a big squad, but it's lopsided. We've got four centre-backs, but only two proper full-backs (Bacuna is just a makeshift right-back and Harris clearly doesn't rate Brad Smith). We've got four wingers and three strikers, but only one attacking midfielder.

Pretty much spot on.

Mid table.

I often wonder how we are as high in the league as we are. I also thought that the year we went up though, so maybe we just look for faults in your own team and don’t realise others are just as average. Awful delivery this evening. The basic skills look so lacking to be a serious promotion threat. Having said that, if we win Tuesday I think we will get 6th spot.

What does everyone expect from Murphy? He came on in the 86th minute. When we were 2-0 down. I'd imagine that could be somewhat disheartening. And maybe annoying as ****.

Since they say it every time we go up I am going to say it this year. Very weak championship, every game feels like if one team plays decent they will walk it.

I'm shocked why our award winning tip top defe...sorry striker didn't get a hat trick

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    I'm shocked why our award winning tip top defe...sorry striker didn't get a hat trick
    Yes, I think that’s the end of the “Patterson must start” chorus!

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    Yes, I think that’s the end of the “Patterson must start” chorus!
    He was embarrassing today. A team that relies on a "tryer" that "always puts in a shift" is going nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    He was embarrassing today. A team that relies on a "tryer" that "always puts in a shift" is going nowhere.
    That pretty well sums up "little ole Cardiff", oh by the way, with a billionaire owner!

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Beyond the current back 4 there's not much depth defensively. Well actually beyond Morrison and Nelson there's not much quality defensively
    There's not much out there full stop. The commentator alluded to our 'strong bench', but let's face it the squad is a jumbled assortment of lower league workhorses and a few 30-minute ponies. There's absolutely no doubting the effort and commitment and Harris is doing a good job getting the team to play the ball around a lot more, but we just don't have players who look comfortable on the ball - Tomlin excepted - and they all need one or two touches each time the ball comes to them. I watched Huddersfield lose to Luton as well yesterday. I'd actually say that in footballing terms Huddersfield have a much better squad than City. They just don't have a manager who can galvanize them into a hard-to-beat, disciplined unit. Thing is, you could develop that squad. With City's squad you'd almost have to go back to square one..

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Especially when there are two competent front men sitting watching.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    There's not much out there full stop. The commentator alluded to our 'strong bench', but let's face it the squad is a jumbled assortment of lower league workhorses and a few 30-minute ponies. There's absolutely no doubting the effort and commitment and Harris is doing a good job getting the team to play the ball around a lot more, but we just don't have players who look comfortable on the ball - Tomlin excepted - and they all need one or two touches each time the ball comes to them. I watched Huddersfield lose to Luton as well yesterday. I'd actually say that in footballing terms Huddersfield have a much better squad than City. They just don't have a manager who can galvanize them into a hard-to-beat, disciplined unit. Thing is, you could develop that squad. With City's squad you'd almost have to go back to square one..
    I think we played one first time pass all game

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Nah. Huddersfield are shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Especially when there are two competent front men sitting watching.
    Exactly. If they're injured they can't play. But if they're on the bench they should at least be able to play 45 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Nah. Huddersfield are shit.
    I watched them yesterday and they were awful

I’d have Willock here mind

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    It's PLAN A !
    So like I've already asked. What happens when plan A fails?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    So like I've already asked. What happens when plan A fails?
    2 - 0 is what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    2 - 0 is what happened.
    So it wasn't the answer to our prayers then.

Who'd have thunk it

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    We've got quite a big squad, but it's lopsided. We've got four centre-backs, but only two proper full-backs (Bacuna is just a makeshift right-back and Harris clearly doesn't rate Brad Smith). We've got four wingers and three strikers, but only one attacking midfielder.
    You could say 'dog's breakfast'! Oh for a Kav or a Whitts or someone in the middle of the park who knew what to do. Ralls has been poor of late and Vaulks also. Yesterday was a poignant reminder for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Fingers crossed. Starting to feel this season could crash and burn a bit. Tonight (so far) has highlighted how little quality we have in attack and midfield.
    I'm glad we are competing for a play off place, and obviously if we get there I'd like to see us go up, but like I've said earlier in the season I think this team would be embarrassed if we went up even with a bit of spending as there's no balance to the team, too many would have to go out. I would like to see Harris at this level with the summer transfer window and the January one to make a tidy challenge. We need somebody else to rotate with tomlin, we need more fullbacks etc. It would be 3 windows before he had a season in the PL if he took us up next year and more like 'his' team.

A CM comfortable on the ball, a better Pack that can also pass forward if you will.