If Swansea draw, and Derby and Preston win

4 teams on equal points for 6th spot.

Pretty exciting eh?

Re: If Swansea draw, and Derby and Preston win

Indeed, nice end of season for us .

if if if if Cardiff city had a good squad

Yeah I reckon games v boro and hull will be big. We could send hull down.....I dint think we will get 6th not after charlton and Blackburn.

We have to win all three remaining games, setting the stage for Colin to feck us over nicely

its loads of lfs and clutching at straws its a half baked club with lower ambitions

Knowing us we'll probably lose the first two, and be out of it. And then Hull will roll up needing the points from the last game of the season. we'll be out of the running and they'll win 1-0 just like they did a few year back when dean Windass was playing (I think?).

If Leeds win today, then we are in pole position with 3 winnable games left. Can we step up to the plate?

Sadly, Leeds are going up this time, but I suppose Brentford's form means that they are not in a position really to gain a measure of revenge for all of the misery we've inflicted on them since 2002 by letting the jacks win today. If Swansea do win though, I think a two point deficit will be very tough to overcome, especially with a current goal difference disadvantage of two.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    If Leeds win today, then we are in pole position with 3 winnable games left. Can we step up to the plate?
    It won't be easy, but could yes however we are assuming others will win all their games , I don't think we will all ours though, those sides with relegation hovering over them can as tough to beat than the Fulham's of the world.

Looking at it another way, wouldn’t it be funny, if Abertawe Town were to beat Weeds, this sending them on a spiral of depression, that they miss out on automatic promotion.
    Abertawe, get overconfident and lose their last 3.

We win our last 3 and play Weeds in the playoffs, where we smash the f uck out of them again

If only Carling, did football scenarios

PERFECTION

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Looking at it another way, wouldn’t it be funny, if Abertawe Town were to beat Weeds, this sending them on a spiral of depression, that they miss out on automatic promotion.

We win our last 3 and play Weeds in the playoffs, where we smash the f uck out of them again

PERFECTION
    This is Cardiff City we are talking about. Knowing our luck we will need to win 3 nil v Hull and need the Jack's to lose their last match, which they do. We win 2 nil V Hull and the Jack's squeeze in to the play offs on goal difference. They say Rotherham is nice in August.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Yeah I reckon games v boro and hull will be big. We could send hull down.....I dint think we will get 6th not after charlton and Blackburn.
    That's pretty much as I see it.

The points available in those two games mentioned are worth as much as in the big games but people seem to put more emphasis on the games against Derby etc. Had we beaten those two we would be out of sight and need maybe one win from these remaining games.

As I said to a friend during the run in, if we don't get there we won't have deserved it. If we don't them a part of me is glad as I couldn't see City progressing if we did. You have to be there to win it I know but we've shown a soft underbelly when put under pressure this season once too often.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Sadly, Leeds are going up this time, but I suppose Brentford's form means that they are not in a position really to gain a measure of revenge for all of the misery we've inflicted on them since 2002 by letting the jacks win today. If Swansea do win though, I think a two point deficit will be very tough to overcome, especially with a current goal difference disadvantage of two.
    If we win our three remaining games I think we'll make it. That would still leave Swansea needing to get 10 points from their last four, meaning at least 4 points from Leeds & Forest. If they manage to do that then fair enough they deserve it

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

PERFECTION
    No Tone, there's never anything funny about the Jack's winning

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    That's pretty much as I see it.

The points available in those two games mentioned are worth as much as in the big games but people seem to put more emphasis on the games against Derby etc. Had we beaten those two we would be out of sight and need maybe one win from these remaining games.

As I said to a friend during the run in, if we don't get there we won't have deserved it. If we don't them a part of me is glad as I couldn't see City progressing if we did. You have to be there to win it I know but we've shown a soft underbelly when put under pressure this season once too often.
    Yes me too. One niggling doubt which would dampen my elation at getting a play off place is that even if we pulled off a miracle by beating Brentford or Fulham in the final, our board would revert to type and we would be a mockery again in the Premier because of underfunding.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    If we win our three remaining games I think we'll make it. That would still leave Swansea needing to get 10 points from their last four, meaning at least 4 points from Leeds & Forest. If they manage to do that then fair enough they deserve it
    There would be a certain satisfaction watching Brentford rip them apart in the playoffs.

Leeds one up in 89th minute

So there we have it.
    A season that seemed to be petering out with no reason to get excited, and low and behold, suddenly 3 wins and we’re in the the play offs.
    3 wins that are not impossible, against 3 teams who will also be under pressure.
    Nothing worse than needing 3 points against a team who has nothing to play for and can relax.
    Can we get to the play offs? I doubt it. Can we win the play offs if we get there? I doubt it.
    Been. a city fan too long to be optimistic, but you never know. If Sludge can get his Nat King, then anything can happen. Cmon you mighty Bluebirds!!!. .