+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Important games today

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Important games today

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    That’s pretty much their philosophy - they even abandoned their academy to do so
    They're also pretty good at spotting talent lower down. Pinnock, Henry and Watkins all played today and were picked up from the lower leagues

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    They're also pretty good at spotting talent lower down. Pinnock, Henry and Watkins all played today and were picked up from the lower leagues
    I wonder whether the system (in part) is to do with them being in London, and the location (West) It's a great option if a player has done all of their football development in London. The theory is fantastic, let someone else develop the player, save on time, staff, an academy and save a shit load of money. Their new ground looks tidy as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I wonder whether the system (in part) is to do with them being in London, and the location (West) It's a great option if a player has done all of their football development in London. The theory is fantastic, let someone else develop the player, save on time, staff, an academy and save a shit load of money. Their new ground looks tidy as well.
    100%. The sheer number of good clubs and academies as well as the huge population makes it viable

Its also an easier sell to players than most other clubs "Do you want to live in London, or do you want to live in Cardiff/Huddersfield/Nottingham etc?"

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    100%. The sheer number of good clubs and academies as well as the huge population makes it viable

Its also an easier sell to players than most other clubs "Do you want to live in London, or do you want to live in Cardiff/Huddersfield/Nottingham etc?"
    You're in Nottingham? What's it like compared to cardiff? From what i've read, it takes a bit of a hiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    You're in Nottingham? What's it like compared to cardiff? From what i've read, it takes a bit of a hiding.
    Its alright, it has its rough parts like any other city, though there are parts of Nottingham that you would definitely want to avoid. Cardiff is a nicer city and is a bit more affluent