+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: U2 or Queen

Feedback

Re: U2 or Queen

Queen by a country mile. Their early albums are superb, before they started making music for the masses.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Me too, you took the words out of my mouth. I absolutely detest Queen but U2 are so so. I know I'm not typical mind; I'm a Southern Rock, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Allman Brothers, Blackfoot type myself.
    Same here, Queen are the most over-rated band of all time. U2 haven't done anything even half way decent since Achtung Baby. Even at their worst though, they are still better than Queen

Another few names to add to your Southern Rock greats are Molly Hatchet, Doc Holiday and in patches, 38 Special. Also, if you get the chance go watch Skinny Molly live, when you can. They frequently tour the UK and have as their guitarist Mike Estes, ex Skynyrd.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Black foot......strikes

What an album
    Too true? Replete with Highway Song, Train Train my fave and a really good rendition of Wishing Well. Marauder and Tomcattin' really good too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Same here, Queen are the most over-rated band of all time. U2 haven't done anything even half way decent since Achtung Baby. Even at their worst though, they are still better than Queen

Another few names to add to your Southern Rock greats are Molly Hatchet, Doc Holiday and in patches, 38 Special. Also, if you get the chance go watch Skinny Molly live, when you can. They frequently tour the UK and have as their guitarist Mike Estes, ex Skynyrd.
    Thanks for the tip, I'll do that. Yes Molly Hatchet, 38 Special and Doc Holiday all really good. Sad to see Charlie Daniels passed away the other day, I loved "The Devil Came Down To Georgia" I'm listening to North Mississippi All-stars at the moment and they're definitely growing on me.

Well you know, Queen and U2 had some success but they never cut the mustard you know. Never really up there with The Influence, Modern days or Extreme in my book.

Queen - but the Beatles ahead of both

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    Queen - but the Beatles ahead of both
    The Beatles ahead of all of them, not the both of them