Get in there

Boom 1 nil Leeds

Re: Get in there

Hernandez as well... that’ll hurt

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post

Can't say that I've been impressed by Leeds, thought they were second best, but excellent result for us.

It’s a let off, after the poor form we’ve shown recently.

Well done Leeds....now feck off!

Did he celebrate?

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Well done Leeds....now feck off!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Pontprennau Blues View Post
    Did he celebrate?
    No need, 95% of South Wales celebrated for him.

Do you reckon six points would be enough for us to reach the Play Offs? I see Hull are at Wigan and then entertain Luton before they come here - I reckon they could already be down when we play them.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Do you reckon six points would be enough for us to reach the Play Offs? I see Hull are at Wigan and then entertain Luton before they come here - I reckon they could already be down when we play them.
    For the last week I've been saying 70/1 will do. Two wins and a draw.
    Hull have been in such bad form it seems they could be down by then. The elephant in the room is the Wigan situation. Will they get 12pts deduction or not? I know its normally automatic but this situation is not normal.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    No need, 95% of South Wales celebrated for him.
    We all love Leeds scum,

Genuine question here. Is it just me or how far away are our respective teams from 2008 - 2013? We are dog shìt and quite how the fùck we are anywhere near top 6 is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by waynekerr55 View Post
    Genuine question here. Is it just me or how far away are our respective teams from 2008 - 2013? We are dog shìt and quite how the fùck we are anywhere near top 6 is beyond me.
    Yep can not disagree with that.

The way we play, we shouldn't be anywhere near it, Fulham looked very good against us, Brentford are flying, the rest are shit.

So so true! Even if we got to the final any one of Brentford, Fulham or WBA would tear us apart.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Not always a good thing though (if that's what you're getting at)

Lots of teams play better once the pressure's off, look at our last game last year against Man Utd

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    So so true! Even if we got to the final any one of Brentford, Fulham or WBA would tear us apart.
    Our Blackpool final should tell us that this isn't true

I think we were quite lucky to come out of lockdown and get the results we did.
    Now everyone else is up to speed we’re drifting off.

I can’t see us getting more than 4 more points, but Swansea Will probably get enough judging by today’s performance.

All we can hope is that they are so down after today they blow the next game

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post

I can’t see us getting more than 4 more points, but Swansea Will probably get enough judging by today’s performance.

Exactly. We just seemed to be better prepared when the matches restarted. Without those 3 wins we could easily be settled in mid table just going through the motions. Putting ourselves in with a shout of the top 6 just makes the last 2 games harder to take.

Agreed, although I think I suffer from a little bit of rose tinted glasses when looking back at that period (promotion season aside, I’d taken a “sabbatical” by then). That period saw arguably the best football I’ve seen played down the city but when it comes down to it DJ’s sides were too brittle for the marathon of a promotion winning season.

That Blackpool final is such a sliding doors moment. Would’ve loved to have seen how that team would’ve coped in the top flight.

From my perspective it seems a fairly mediocre division this season. Current top four look a different class but even then, based purely on the games and teams I’ve got to watch this season, I think only Brentford have seriously impressed me with their style of play.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Yep can not disagree with that.
    Seconded.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post

I can't see it myself. Cooper's game management is poor.