Thread: Man City Ban Overturned

Man City Ban Overturned

Shock or not ???

Re: Man City Ban Overturned

depends on how much it cost them

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    depends on how much it cost them

That may not happen though your either guilt or not ??

Not sure but someone said on the radio FFP maybe effected after this ruling ???

what i meant was how much did it cost them in bribes...

I’m glad it was overturned, I reckon it’s irking Europe’s elite that the noisy neighbours are muscling in much the same as the Premier League’s ‘royalty’ had their noses put out of joint by the rise of Man City, forget the money aspect, at heart, they’re a proper club with proper fans who readily admit that they’ve won the lottery. All the crap they’ve had to put up with from the red shite over the years must make it even sweeter. Still been fined a measly (for their owners) €10 million, if they were to be fined it could have been a lot more with the proviso that the money was filtered down to struggling lower league clubs.

I think the financial fair play rules need to be looked at again, they are currenlty too skewed in favour of teams with traditionally large commercial revenue.

If some billionire wants to pump a load of his money into a club then that's their lookout

I've not read the judgement in detail but my interpretation is CAS have effectively stated that refusal to cooperate with an investigation is not the same as being found guilty of an offence. Surely anyone who wants to break FFP just has to refuse to co-operate with any FA, UEFA or FIFA investigation. At least until the FFP rules are changed to make non-cooperation as bad an offence as being found guilty.

The CAS ruling makes a mockery of FFP and UEFA and effectively allows rich clubs to do as they want (as we fell victim to in the Rabbi Matondo case).

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I’m glad it was overturned, I reckon it’s irking Europe’s elite that the noisy neighbours are muscling in much the same as the Premier League’s ‘royalty’ had their noses put out of joint by the rise of Man City, forget the money aspect, at heart, they’re a proper club with proper fans who readily admit that they’ve won the lottery. All the crap they’ve had to put up with from the red shite over the years must make it even sweeter. Still been fined a measly (for their owners) €10 million, if they were to be fined it could have been a lot more with the proviso that the money was filtered down to struggling lower league clubs.
    I can see someone's been chatting a lot to their cousin during lockdown

Even more so when you consider how the Madrid’s, Barcelona’s, juve, Paris SG etc have been buying success for decades

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I can see someone's been chatting a lot to their cousin during lockdown
    He caught COVID-19 after the first leg in Madrid

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Even more so when you consider how the Madrid’s, Barcelona’s, juve, Paris SG etc have been buying success for decades
    Of course they have, Real Madrid almost Regime funded in the past:

He caught COVID-19 after the first leg in Madrid
    holy shit! We've found UK patient zero. I'm assuming he's better now anyway

During the galactico period when they were getting tight for money, real madrid sold their training ground to the council for hundreds of millions and were allowed to use it for free.

Good news.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    During the galactico period when they were getting tight for money, real madrid sold their training ground to the council for hundreds of millions and were allowed to use it for free.
    Remarkably UEFA didn't spot that one ,and isn't there some strange tax concession issue going on in Spain ??

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...e-8749146.html

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Remarkably UEFA didn't spot that one ,and isn't there some strange tax concession issue going on in Spain ??

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...e-8749146.html
    It was years before FFP.

Are you saying the Spanish government buying their training ground for £300 million and letting them carrying on using it for nothing was dodgy? Well I never.....

Exactly this....just posted same thing without seeing....so corrupt

It was years before FFP.
    How to Paris SG get away with it? Was it 200 million for whatshisname? And 2 million a month wages?