Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
What if he's 'earned' it by taking advantage of his low paid employees?

Did Victorian estate owners who housed their workers in hovels 'earn' their riches?
I do the Euromillions and, when the prize gets to really crazy numbers (£115m) I have worked out I would probably give £110m away to friends, family, and other causes and still have a stupidly healthy bank account, a paid for house, a nice car every year, and time to go on holiday.

Bezos is worth 1,635 times a £115m lottery win. What can he need the money for?

If he shared the money out, everyone's lives would improve. It may even act as a great motivator (I started as a teacher, and it was a motivational tool to think of helping kids improve their education and their lives). I left to join a firm, and was earning £40,000 a year. That was fine for me. Was offered a manager's role at £55,000 and, looked at my lack of debts, looked at my great work-life balance (at the time), realised my house was big enough (so was the mortgage), and don't really fancy a new car every 12 months and said "no ta".

I can't really understand the concept of needing more money when you already have plenty. Footballers bartering over an extra £10k a week when already earning £120k a week just seems greedy.