+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Visual aid to show the difference between a million and a billion. He walked a million in a minute.. How long do you think it took to get to a billio?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Visual aid to show the difference between a million and a billion. He walked a million in a minute.. How long do you think it took to get to a bil

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I remember someone telling me the problem with the world today can be demonstrated with a lined sheet of A4 paper.

if you hold it in portrait orientation, and the bottom of the page is £0 and the top of the page is £1 million, most people in the world are below the bottom line of the paper, most people in the UK are pretty close to the bottom of the page. these people could only dream of one day getting up to the top of one piece of paper.
    if you pictures Jeff bezos' wealth in the same way, you would have a stack of A4 papers stretching 55km into the air.
    you wouldn't be able to see the top.

billionaires shouldn't exist.
    that's crazy, 55km?!!

Re: Visual aid to show the difference between a million and a billion. He walked a million in a minute.. How long do you think it took to get to a bil

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    that's crazy, 55km?!!
    You wouldn't be able to see the top of a pile of A4 papers stretching 55km in the Mesosphere. How mad is that!

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    that's crazy, 55km?!!
    Yes its even madder than i remembered, so I had to check my working twice just to make sure it was right

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Yes its even madder than i remembered, so I had to check my working twice just to make sure it was right
    But that's almost 56km!!!