+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Visual aid to show the difference between a million and a billion. He walked a million in a minute.. How long do you think it took to get to a billio?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Visual aid to show the difference between a million and a billion. He walked a million in a minute.. How long do you think it took to get to a billio?

Spoiler. He didn't walk.

May want to skip to near the end.

https://youtu.be/8YUWDrLazCg

Just to put into perspective how rich some people actually are.

Re: Visual aid to show the difference between a million and a billion. He walked a million in a minute.. How long do you think it took to get to a bil

He picked a nice day for it.

Just think, Jeff Bezos is worth $188 Billion and the only thing he can think to do with it is build a rocket shaped like a cock. What a wanker.

Re: Visual aid to show the difference between a million and a billion. He walked a million in a minute.. How long do you think it took to get to a bil

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post

Just think, Jeff Bezos is worth $188 Billion and the only thing he can think to do with it is build a rocket shaped like a cock. What a wanker.
    I remember someone telling me the problem with the world today can be demonstrated with a lined sheet of A4 paper.

if you hold it in portrait orientation, and the bottom of the page is £0 and the top of the page is £1 million, most people in the world are below the bottom line of the paper, most people in the UK are pretty close to the bottom of the page. these people could only dream of one day getting up to the top of one piece of paper.
    if you pictures Jeff bezos' wealth in the same way, you would have a stack of A4 papers stretching 55km into the air.
    you wouldn't be able to see the top.

billionaires shouldn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I remember someone telling me the problem with the world today can be demonstrated with a lined sheet of A4 paper.

if you hold it in portrait orientation, and the bottom of the page is £0 and the top of the page is £1 million, most people in the world are below the bottom line of the paper, most people in the UK are pretty close to the bottom of the page. these people could only dream of one day getting up to the top of one piece of paper.
    if you pictures Jeff bezos' wealth in the same way, you would have a stack of A4 papers stretching 55km into the air.

that's crazy, 55km?!!

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    that's crazy, 55km?!!
    You wouldn't be able to see the top of a pile of A4 papers stretching 55km in the Mesosphere. How mad is that!

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    that's crazy, 55km?!!
    Yes its even madder than i remembered, so I had to check my working twice just to make sure it was right

Yes its even madder than i remembered, so I had to check my working twice just to make sure it was right
    But that's almost 56km!!!

In the UK the top 3% pay 27% of all taxes. Bezoz pays around half a billion USD in personal tax per annum. Then add up all the tax his employees earn across the globe, the goods and services they buy etc,etc.

Where does the money come from to pay for public services ? Certainly not the 45% of adults in the UK who don't contribute at all.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    In the UK the top 3% pay 27% of all taxes. Bezoz pays around half a billion USD in personal tax per annum. Then add up all the tax his employees earn across the globe, the goods and services they buy etc,etc.

Where does the money come from to pay for public services ? Certainly not the 45% of adults in the UK who don't contribute at all.
    they should pay even more, they have a lot more that 27% of the wealth.

Bezos paying 500million out of a fortune of 188bn is pathetic.

the richest 1% in America have the lowest effective tax rate, even lower than the poorest.
    this is a result of decades of policies by the rich to help the rich
    https://twitter.com/nick_kapur/statu...651185665?s=19

the richest 1% in America have the lowest effective tax rate, even lower than the poorest.
    That's his personal tax liability. True Amazon don't pay enough tax but rich people - however much you don't like them - help pay for the services that those who don't pay tax, use. All these things cost money - lots and lots of it. We're going to find that out pretty soon..

The UK taxes income, not wealth.

Your reference source on Twitter has been debunked by other economists.

Are you taxed on your personal wealth annually? Or taxed on what you earn?

Updated now to 58.6 km or 200 billion dollars.

Or to put it another way - the euromillions prize when not on a roll over is usually about 14 million quid.
    If you won that, and then won the next one, and the next one until you also had 2 billion how long would it take?

Well luckily there are 2 euromillions draws a week, so it would only take you a little over 137 years of winning every euromillions draw.

How would anybody get their hands on that much A4 paper? So that’s a load of old bollocks

Just think, Jeff Bezos is worth $188 Billion...
    Not paying for that PPE paid off then

I saw a thing on reddit where you had to scroll to a billion, then scroll to Jeff Bezos wealth. I gave up.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I saw a thing on reddit where you had to scroll to a billion, then scroll to Jeff Bezos wealth. I gave up.
    https://mkorostoff.github.io/1-pixel-wealth/

This?

these huge companies now don't pay many of their workers a living wage, so they have to rely on state subsidies in order to live.
    there was a time when you could earn a respectable living in a low skilled job, not any more.
    instead the companies pay poverty wages and rely on the tax payers to subsidise those wages. they then dont contribute their fair share in tax. the entire system is skewed so that all the money ends up in the pockets if the super rich.