+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Results 1 to 25 of 25

Thread: League 1 play off final. Wycombe v Oxford

  1. #1

    League 1 play off final. Wycombe v Oxford

    Joe Jacobsen starts for Wycombe who are of course managed by Gareth Ainsworth.

    ko at Wembley at 7:30pm.

    Winners get a place in the Championship along with already promoted Coventry and Rotherham.

  2. #2

    Re: League 1 play off final. Wycombe v Oxford

    Sad to see Ben Woodburn on the bench for Oxford.
    The lad seemed to be a great talent.

  3. #3

    Re: League 1 play off final. Wycombe v Oxford

    I was wondering whether Gareth Ainsworth was the same person who played on the wing for us.......Wycombe supporter for tonight!!!

  4. #4

    Re: League 1 play off final. Wycombe v Oxford

    Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Sad to see Ben Woodburn on the bench for Oxford.
    The lad seemed to be a great talent.
    Agreed.
    When he scored that goal for Wales v Austria on his debut I thought he was destined for great things.
    Time is still on his side though, hopefully he will fulfil the promise he showed briefly for Wales in the future
    A winning goal tonight off the bench would boost his confidence

  5. #5

    Re: League 1 play off final. Wycombe v Oxford

    Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Sad to see Ben Woodburn on the bench for Oxford.
    The lad seemed to be a great talent.
    He's been injured.

  6. #6

    Re: League 1 play off final. Wycombe v Oxford

    wow...so m uch better than our set pieces....1-0 Wycombe...

  7. #7

    Re: League 1 play off final. Wycombe v Oxford

    Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    wow...so m uch better than our set pieces....1-0 Wycombe...
    Good delivery. Keeper stands still.

  8. #8

    Re: League 1 play off final. Wycombe v Oxford

    Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    wow...so m uch better than our set pieces....1-0 Wycombe...
    Same corner in the Championship is collected easily by the keeper. 6 yard box. Shocking goalkeeping and 3 defenders all on the line marking no one.

    Cant knock the delivery as he clearly meant to test the keeper. We try that the keeper catches it and we are all moaning.

  9. #9

    Re: League 1 play off final. Wycombe v Oxford

    Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Same corner in the Championship is collected easily by the keeper. 6 yard box. Shocking goalkeeping and 3 defenders all on the line marking no one.

    Cant knock the delivery as he clearly meant to test the keeper. We try that the keeper catches it and we are all moaning.
    DOnt bE sTupId it was beTtEr than Anything we oFfEr

  10. #10

    Re: League 1 play off final. Wycombe v Oxford

    Jacobson has scored a few direct from corners this season. What a left foot.

    I used to play right wing against him on the left, when he wasnt playing for Cardiff. Couldn't get near him. Always thought he would go on to play for Wales.

  11. #11

    Re: League 1 play off final. Wycombe v Oxford

    Think Jacobsen could have done ok with us. He's had a decent career a level down though. His delivery is excellent.

    As for Woodburn wasn't long ago Wilson couldn't get a look in at Crewe, then starred for Derby not long after. So still get time but then you see George Williams who looked so promising when played but isn't able to do anything.

  12. #12

    Re: League 1 play off final. Wycombe v Oxford

    The lad Stewart at centre half loooks good too.

  13. #13

    Re: League 1 play off final. Wycombe v Oxford

    Jacobson scores the winner from the spot. Wycombe are in the championship

  14. #14

    Re: League 1 play off final. Wycombe v Oxford

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Jacobson scores the winner from the spot. Wycombe are in the championship
    And not too many years back he was playing you in Sunday league.

    Some turn around.

  15. #15

    Re: League 1 play off final. Wycombe v Oxford

    Where's Ell?

    So pleased for JJ. The most overlooked player for the Welsh squad. Well done the Rockstar. Akinfenwa in the Championship.

  16. #16

    Re: League 1 play off final. Wycombe v Oxford

    Congrats to h.

    There was a little bit of PW7 in Joe Jacobsons left foot tonight

  17. #17

    Re: League 1 play off final. Wycombe v Oxford

    Well done to JJ, although there is absolutely nothing in his career to suggest that he should have played at a higher level than he has. He's nearly 34 as well.

  18. #18

    Re: League 1 play off final. Wycombe v Oxford

    Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Where's Ell?

    So pleased for JJ. The most overlooked player for the Welsh squad. Well done the Rockstar. Akinfenwa in the Championship.
    Im here!

    What a night - JJ delivering on the big stage, and finally a Championship player again.

    Should have been capped by Wales. If he can continue this form in the Championship who knows.. hes 33 but playing the best football of his career now!

  19. #19

    Re: League 1 play off final. Wycombe v Oxford

    So pleased for h. Wycombe's a great story with Gareth Ainsworth obviously a manager of some talent. Coventry, in their current situation, and Rotherham are hardly big clubs, but Wycombe are about four levels down from both of them and, in all honesty, it's hard to see them having more than a single season in the Championship, but, when you consider the size of their budget, they've over achieved massively every year since Ainsworth took over and it's so easy to under estimate them.

  20. #20

    Re: League 1 play off final. Wycombe v Oxford

    Jacobson may probably feel a little unfortunate that he never made more Wales squads after having been in a successful (for us) u21s.

    In fairness, he may have been and Id overlooked but Id almost forgotten about the lad till this season. Seems to have found a home at WW and Id imagine is well liked by the supporters with a decent amount of games under his belt.

    Decent away for us (south Walian and London Welsh) next season provided were allowed back in the stands by then.

    Still time for Woodburn to become a decent player, like many I thought we had something on our hands after that Austrian goal.

  21. #21

    Re: League 1 play off final. Wycombe v Oxford

    Quote Originally Posted by Ell. View Post
    Should have been capped by Wales. If he can continue this form in the Championship who knows.. hes 33 but playing the best football of his career now!
    Had to check that, surprised he never got a cap considering where we were at that time. Felt like every able Welshman under the age of 23 was being put out on the field by Toshack!

  22. #22

    Re: League 1 play off final. Wycombe v Oxford

    Quote Originally Posted by Kind of Blue View Post
    Had to check that, surprised he never got a cap considering where we were at that time. Felt like every able Welshman under the age of 23 was being put out on the field by Toshack!
    Toshack had him in a full squad but didnt cap him/he was on the bench.
    Hes been Mr Consistent the last few seasons - and Wycombes top goal scorer this season! Not bad for a left-back..

  23. #23

    Re: League 1 play off final. Wycombe v Oxford

    Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Sad to see Ben Woodburn on the bench for Oxford.
    The lad seemed to be a great talent.
    Wow - was he?! That is sad. I really hope that he goes on to fulfil his potential.

    I like the way that Oxford played football but I'm glad for Wild Thing.

  24. #24

    Re: League 1 play off final. Wycombe v Oxford

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Wow - was he?! That is sad. I really hope that he goes on to fulfil his potential.

    I like the way that Oxford played football but I'm glad for Wild Thing.
    He belted out GSTQ like it was a Bruce Springsteen song!

  25. #25

    Re: League 1 play off final. Wycombe v Oxford

    Here lads..


    BEN WOODBURN HAS BEEN INJURED FOR ****ING MONTHS HENCE NOT PLAYING

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •