Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 2 - 1 DERBY COUNTY. Match thread

FT: CARDIFF CITY 2 - 1 DERBY COUNTY. Match thread

Tuesday July 14th, ko 7:45pm

Match Officials:

Referee: DARREN BOND
    Assistants: Mark Russell and Mark Pottage
    Fourth Official: Lee Swabey

Could do ourselves a big favour by winning this one.

Re: CARDIFF CITY v DERBY COUNTY. Match thread

A win and I think we are almost home and dry.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    A win and I think we are almost home and dry.
    indeed and puts the marker down for our half cousins down the road

I'm calling a third loss and en end of season scramble to make it.

Usually after 2 losses I'd say we would come out with a point to prove and we'd prove it. I just think we're out of ideas and the players are tired and there's not a lot we can do personnel wise to change it up too much while still remaining a threat.

Defensively, against Blackburn & Fulham we looked tired and jaded. Sean especially, looked slow & cumbersome. Whether this was because he was being asked to do things alien to him (tippy tappy), or having the inexperienced Sanderson, outside him, I don’t know.

What I will say, is the defence needs to go back to basics and DEFEND, we’re not Man Citah or Liverpool, for Christ’s sake.

I know we are home, but without a crowd, there is no added advantage and we’ve got to get the liability that is Sanderson, out of the firing line.
    We haven’t got a recognised right back, so the next option is a back 3 with wing backs.

If we play cautious & tight and hope to win it in the last 20, it will all go tits up. The way their goalkeeper played against Brentford, we gotta go for the jugular, from the off.

I hope Sanderson can prove me wrong, but at the moment, he’s playing more like an inside right (an attacking number 8), than he is a full back. Defensively there is always a mistake in him .

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Defensively, against Blackburn & Fulham we looked tired and jaded. Sean especially, looked slow & cumbersome. Whether this was because he was being asked to do things alien to him (tippy tappy), or having the inexperienced Sanderson, outside him, I don’t know.

What I will say, is the defence needs to go back to basics and DEFEND, we’re not Man Citah or Liverpool, for Christ’s sake.

I know we are home, but without a crowd, there is no added advantage and we’ve got to get the liability that is Sanderson, out of the firing line.
    We haven’t got a recognised right back, so the next option is a back 3 with wing backs.

If we play cautious & tight and hope to win it in the last 20, it will all go tits up. The way their goalkeeper played against Brentford, we gotta go for the jugular, from the off.

I hope Sanderson can prove me wrong, but at the moment, he’s playing more like an inside right (an attacking number 8), than he is a full back. Defensively there is always a mistake in him .

Hang on...

"If we play cautious & tight and hope to win it in the last 20, it will all go tits up. The way their goalkeeper played against Brentford, we gotta go for the jugular, from the off."

I'm off for a lie down.

You were like the madman in the asylum last week walking around repeating" Plan A"

“You were like the madman in the asylum last week walking around repeating" Plan A"

Plan A, was working last week, now it’s not. I’ve always advocated, “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”. Well it’s broke and needs fixing. Anyone who REALLY knows me, will tell you I’m a believer in “the best form of defence, is attack. Just because I was defending PLAN A, didn’t mean I was happy with it.

“You were like the madman in the asylum last week walking around repeating" Plan A"

Plan A, was working last week, now it’s not. I’ve always advocated, “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”. Well it’s broke and needs fixing. Anyone who REALLY knows me, will tell you I’m a believer in “the best form of defence, is attack. Just because I was defending PLAN A, didn’t mean I was happy with it.
    Few of us noticed plan a was broke when it was "working".

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    FEW of us noticed plan a was broke when it was "working".

I know a “few”, didn’t have a clue as to what was going on, but LOTS were happy winning.

If being “broke” is winning, I’ll settle for that. We don’t live in an ideal world, sometimes you gotta take what you can see

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I'm calling a third loss and en end of season scramble to make it.

Usually after 2 losses I'd say we would come out with a point to prove and we'd prove it. I just think we're out of ideas and the players are tired and there's not a lot we can do personnel wise to change it up too much while still remaining a threat.
    I think that you might be right..... :-(

Hopefully not though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    I think that you might be right..... :-(

Hopefully not though.
    Fingers crossed Bobby.

I will happily eat some DML pie if we win and I hope we do.

I know a “few”, didn’t have a clue as to what was going on, but LOTS were happy winning.

If being “broke” is winning, I’ll settle for that. We don’t live in an ideal world, sometimes you gotta take what you can see
    I feel we've been down this road already TIT.

Bit of positivity, I think we will start well, defend well again and most importantly get the 3 points. Massive game.

1-1 draw I reckon. NML scores first then Rooney boshes one in late doors from 20 yards out

this is must win for derby as well, who aren't too bad going forward.
    if they win they are 1 point behind us. still only a very slim chance of making the playoffs for them as there are 5 clubs they need to overhaul, but it's shit or bust time really so I suspect they'll go for it.
    hopefully we won't be as open as the Blackburn game

Have Derby got anyone suspended had two sent off recently...?

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    Have Derby got anyone suspended had two sent off recently...?
    Martyn Waghorn is suspended

SIbley ban is overturned (rightly so - it was never a red) - he is their new wonderkid and Tom Lawrence was back last game

They will miss Waghorn as Chris Martin is way past his best.

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    Martyn Waghorn is suspended

SIbley ban is overturned (rightly so - it was never a red) - he is their new wonderkid and Tom Lawrence was back last game

They will miss Waghorn as Chris Martin is way past his best.

That’s a “hat trick”, for Martin now

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    this is must win for derby as well, who aren't too bad going forward.
    if they win they are 1 point behind us. still only a very slim chance of making the playoffs for them as there are 5 clubs they need to overhaul, but it's shit or bust time really so I suspect they'll go for it.
    hopefully we won't be as open as the Blackburn game
    and probably why we will lose...they will be up for it and we will put in another poor performance
    -2-0 to them

Rejuvenated CCFC tonight and a 3-1 win.

Proverbial 6 pointer here, with both teams needing to win. So I'll go for a 2-2 draw then lol

Hoilett starts AGAIN

Bacuna right back. Sanderson on bench

any streams tonight?

Barstewards have dropped their calamitous goalkeeper