+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Welsh pubs

Welsh pubs

Did they open today then? Seems to be very little mentioned about it anywhere

Re: Welsh pubs

Not many, most waiting until they can open indoors as they either dont have enough outdoor space to make it viable. All the pop up style outdoor bars like Pipes etc will be doing even better now

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Did they open today then? Seems to be very little mentioned about it anywhere
    I walked past Henry's on Park Place at about 3:30pm. A few people were sat outside having a drink. Not many though.

My local opened this evening and a number people I know went round there. Good luck to them in this weather. The landlord put a video on Facebook yesterday giving a tour of the place and explaining what's what. Looks like a right pain in the arse to me. I won't be bothering until they open properly.

A mate of mine was in Warwick over the weekend visiting family. Him and his partner went for a couple of beers in the local pub. He said it wasn't busy by any means, but it was almost like Covid-19 had never happened. Back and forth to the bar as usual and no kind of restrictions in the place other than a few signs up asking people to socially distance.

I went for a beer in three different pub gardens after walks (in England) since pubs opened here and there was table service in each case. However, I went to a pub with my brother last Friday and I had to go to the bar in order the beers before taking them out into the garden myslef - but only after us both having to write down our names, addresses and email addresses. Leaving aside that the pen and paper that everyone else used could possibly a source of the virus in such cases, it was less pleasant experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I went for a beer in three different pub gardens after walks (in England) since pubs opened here and there was table service in each case. However, I went to a pub with my brother last Friday and I had to go to the bar in order the beers before taking them out into the garden myslef - but only after us both having to write down our names, addresses and email addresses. Leaving aside that the PEN and paper that everyone else used could possibly a source of the virus in such cases, it was less pleasant experience.

It’ll be a bit like going to a funeral then, always carry your own pen, to fill in the card

Im really looking forward to a pint in a glass. Havent had a beer since lockdown when i doubt ive gone without one for a week since my teens.

Got a table booked for Saturday afternoon but may take Friday afternoon off if its dry.

Loads outside in my local in the rain yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Im really looking forward to a pint in a GLASS . Havent had a beer since lockdown when i doubt ive gone without one for a week since my teens.

Got a table booked for Saturday afternoon but may take Friday afternoon off if its dry.

Loads outside in my local in the rain yesterday.

Lots only doing plastic receptacles

Its not that easy easy for a lot of privately owned pubs