+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Masks compulsory in shops in England from the 24th July

Masks compulsory in shops in England from the 24th July

Two things:

a) Same rule should come in here undoubtedly, even if it helps 5% to get us back to normal quicker it's a very small sacrifice to make

b) Why wait another 10 days? They've made the decision, there's no one who will actually be affected by this rule (i.e goes to shops) who can't get a mask within a maximum of 3 days so why not make them mandatory from, say the 17th? Seems pointless to wait? Especially as, you know, masks were being encouraged 3 months ago

Re: Masks compulsory in shops in England from the 24th July

I agree masks should be made compulsory in shops in Wales. Any small margin should be pursued in a bid to eliminate the coronavirus.

Scotland has already introduced mask wearing in shops with high compliance. Drakeford needs to publish the medical evidence behind his belief that viral transmission is a risk on buses and trains but not in enclosed public spaces like shops.

If the high street survives all of this i'll be staggered. Been on its arse for years but this entire situation will end it.

Bank robbers will be happy

Don't fret. Wales will follow with slight tweaks to demonstrate their independence.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Don't fret. Wales will follow with slight tweaks to demonstrate their independence.
    Seems to be the way.

International

The council have still done no work at all on this wonderful covered area that they closed off Castle Street for 3 weeks ago.
    And now the pubs restaurants and cafes that it was intended for are all open but have nowhere for their customers to sit.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Two things:

a) Same rule should come in here undoubtedly, even if it helps 5% to get us back to normal quicker it's a very small sacrifice to make

b) Why wait another 10 days? They've made the decision, there's no one who will actually be affected by this rule (i.e goes to shops) who can't get a mask within a maximum of 3 days so why not make them mandatory from, say the 17th? Seems pointless to wait? Especially as, you know, masks were being encouraged 3 months ago
    Agreed, apart from health issues which may prevent someone wearing a mask, I cannot understand why people get so worked up about wearing one.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    The council have still done no work at all on this wonderful covered area that they closed off Castle Street for 3 weeks ago.
    And now the pubs restaurants and cafes that it was intended for are all open but have nowhere for their customers to sit.

Here you go, states July, but not which one

https://apple.news/ABawEIU-xTxSjhAYdCbSMzA

It must have been wonderful having a pint outside during last night’s monsoon. Can’t see the point of pubs opening until it’s safe to open completely not partly.

International

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Here you go, states July, but not which one

https://apple.news/ABawEIU-xTxSjhAYdCbSMzA
    Yes it states 13th July, which was yesterday.
    and next week businesses will be able to have customers inside, (Unless Drakeford moves the goal posts) which will make the covered area even more pointless.
    I still cannot understand why it has been closed for 3 weeks when nothing has happened.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Yes it states 13th July, which was yesterday.
    and next week businesses will be able to have customers inside, (Unless Drakeford moves the goal posts) which will make the covered area even more pointless.
    I still cannot understand why it has been closed for 3 weeks when nothing has happened.
    not everywhere has room for a lot of people inside with social distancing, so with this they can have more customers than they usually would. I agree about not understanding why nothing has happened though

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    If the high street survives all of this i'll be staggered. Been on its arse for years but this entire situation will end it.
    .and everything associated with it,too. Not many people will want to go shopping wearing a muzzle, but the Govt. has succeeded in frightening the population out of all proportion. The missus popped into Peacocks earlier ; the staff were telling her a bloke had just been in with a mask and gloves and wanted to put hand sanitizer on his gloved hands.

A muzzle, bloody hell

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    .and everything associated with it,too. Not many people will want to go shopping wearing a muzzle, but the Govt. has succeeded in frightening the population out of all proportion. The missus popped into Peacocks earlier ; the staff were telling her a bloke had just been in with a mask and gloves and wanted to put hand sanitizer on his gloved hands.
    You have to admit, though, that the declines in countries where mask wearing is mandatory or cultural are a stark contrast to countries where people view wearing a mask as being muzzled.

Has to happen I posted recently that I've seen a decline in care out and about with distancing and masks , usual stuff its always someone else's fault if it comes back I guess ,what happened to personal responsibility

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    You have to admit, though, that the declines in countries where mask wearing is mandatory or cultural are a stark contrast to countries where people view wearing a mask as being muzzled.
    Italy and Spain have death rates per 1000 more than 50% higher than the USA, yet Italy & Spain had the most stringent lockdowns than any country and the USA had b*gger all. I honestly think that one can cherry pick stats to suit the argument. Also Korea,Japan are home to a very fastidious population - we're dirty and slovenly by comparison..

Italy and Spain have death rates per 1000 more than 50% higher than the USA, yet Italy & Spain had the most stringent lockdowns than any country and the USA had b*gger all. I honestly think that one can cherry pick stats to suit the argument. Also Korea,Japan are home to a very fastidious population - we're dirty and slovenly by comparison..
    Very true..lets be honest must of you lot are fecking filthy

What a chance Drakeford had a few weeks ago , he could have ordered this in , and be seen as dynamic decision maker rather than following others in a pretence of independence

I think a lot of society's are far more responsible and disciplined. We just feel comfortable ignoring advise and quickly revert to the blame game .

When were people not wearing masks allowed in shops?

Wales’ Chief Medical Officer explains his view why masks should be worn on public transport but not in shops https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...-made-18592505

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    When were people not wearing masks allowed in shops?
    I was born in 1967. I’ve managed to get away with shopping while not wearing a mask so far.

I’ve been catching the bus home from work on a regular basis since 23rd March, when the lockdown began. I’ve never worn a mask. Seems kind of dumb that I’ve got to start wearing one on the bus on 27th July, especially as the buses are still practically empty.