+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Masks compulsory in shops in England from the 24th July

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Masks compulsory in shops in England from the 24th July

Two things:

a) Same rule should come in here undoubtedly, even if it helps 5% to get us back to normal quicker it's a very small sacrifice to make

b) Why wait another 10 days? They've made the decision, there's no one who will actually be affected by this rule (i.e goes to shops) who can't get a mask within a maximum of 3 days so why not make them mandatory from, say the 17th? Seems pointless to wait? Especially as, you know, masks were being encouraged 3 months ago

Re: Masks compulsory in shops in England from the 24th July

I agree masks should be made compulsory in shops in Wales. Any small margin should be pursued in a bid to eliminate the coronavirus.

Scotland has already introduced mask wearing in shops with high compliance. Drakeford needs to publish the medical evidence behind his belief that viral transmission is a risk on buses and trains but not in enclosed public spaces like shops.

If the high street survives all of this i'll be staggered. Been on its arse for years but this entire situation will end it.

Bank robbers will be happy

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    If the high street survives all of this i'll be staggered. Been on its arse for years but this entire situation will end it.
    .and everything associated with it,too. Not many people will want to go shopping wearing a muzzle, but the Govt. has succeeded in frightening the population out of all proportion. The missus popped into Peacocks earlier ; the staff were telling her a bloke had just been in with a mask and gloves and wanted to put hand sanitizer on his gloved hands.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    .and everything associated with it,too. Not many people will want to go shopping wearing a muzzle, but the Govt. has succeeded in frightening the population out of all proportion. The missus popped into Peacocks earlier ; the staff were telling her a bloke had just been in with a mask and gloves and wanted to put hand sanitizer on his gloved hands.
    You have to admit, though, that the declines in countries where mask wearing is mandatory or cultural are a stark contrast to countries where people view wearing a mask as being muzzled.

Has to happen I posted recently that I've seen a decline in care out and about with distancing and masks , usual stuff its always someone else's fault if it comes back I guess ,what happened to personal responsibility

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    You have to admit, though, that the declines in countries where mask wearing is mandatory or cultural are a stark contrast to countries where people view wearing a mask as being muzzled.
    Italy and Spain have death rates per 1000 more than 50% higher than the USA, yet Italy & Spain had the most stringent lockdowns than any country and the USA had b*gger all. I honestly think that one can cherry pick stats to suit the argument. Also Korea,Japan are home to a very fastidious population - we're dirty and slovenly by comparison..

Italy and Spain have death rates per 1000 more than 50% higher than the USA, yet Italy & Spain had the most stringent lockdowns than any country and the USA had b*gger all. I honestly think that one can cherry pick stats to suit the argument. Also Korea,Japan are home to a very fastidious population - we're dirty and slovenly by comparison..
    Very true..lets be honest must of you lot are fecking filthy

I think the tens of thousands who have died of the virus probably persuaded me to wear a mask and gloves when I go shopping more than anything the Government came out with.

Don't fret. Wales will follow with slight tweaks to demonstrate their independence.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Don't fret. Wales will follow with slight tweaks to demonstrate their independence.
    Seems to be the way.

International

The council have still done no work at all on this wonderful covered area that they closed off Castle Street for 3 weeks ago.
    And now the pubs restaurants and cafes that it was intended for are all open but have nowhere for their customers to sit.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    The council have still done no work at all on this wonderful covered area that they closed off Castle Street for 3 weeks ago.
    And now the pubs restaurants and cafes that it was intended for are all open but have nowhere for their customers to sit.

Here you go, states July, but not which one

https://apple.news/ABawEIU-xTxSjhAYdCbSMzA

It must have been wonderful having a pint outside during last night’s monsoon. Can’t see the point of pubs opening until it’s safe to open completely not partly.

International

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

Yes it states 13th July, which was yesterday.
    and next week businesses will be able to have customers inside, (Unless Drakeford moves the goal posts) which will make the covered area even more pointless.
    I still cannot understand why it has been closed for 3 weeks when nothing has happened.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

Nice to see the bilingual signs in English and Cardiffian

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Two things:

a) Same rule should come in here undoubtedly, even if it helps 5% to get us back to normal quicker it's a very small sacrifice to make

b) Why wait another 10 days? They've made the decision, there's no one who will actually be affected by this rule (i.e goes to shops) who can't get a mask within a maximum of 3 days so why not make them mandatory from, say the 17th? Seems pointless to wait? Especially as, you know, masks were being encouraged 3 months ago
    Agreed, apart from health issues which may prevent someone wearing a mask, I cannot understand why people get so worked up about wearing one.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Agreed, apart from health issues which may prevent someone wearing a mask, I cannot understand why people get so worked up about wearing one.
    it's strangely predictable which people will object to it as well, using the same nonsense arguments that you see over in the states.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    it's strangely predictable which people will object to it as well, using the same nonsense arguments that you see over in the states.
    Isn't it just.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    And inevitably most of the people who are kicking up such a stink about wearing a mask are the ones who bang on about WW2 and the sacrifices made and the "spirit"

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    And inevitably most of the people who are kicking up such a stink about wearing a mask are the ones who bang on about WW2 and the sacrifices made and the "spirit"
    Give ‘em a gas mask in a box strung around their neck, blitz spirit, they’ll love it.

A muzzle, bloody hell

What a chance Drakeford had a few weeks ago , he could have ordered this in , and be seen as dynamic decision maker rather than following others in a pretence of independence