+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Clive Tyldesley

Clive Tyldesley

Sacked..

https://twitter.com/CliveTyldesley/s...78420742184961

When listen to him commentate on an Engerlund game I always had a guess at how many seconds it would take him to refer to 1966. Invariably it was less than 60. Good riddance.

Banned

Re: Clive Tyldesley

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dwr View Post
    Sacked..

https://twitter.com/CliveTyldesley/s...78420742184961

When listen to him commentate on an Engerlund game I always had a guess at how many seconds it would take him to refer to 1966. Invariably it was less than 60. Good riddance.
    Worst commentator ever, and a privileged bloke moaning about being moved sideways at the age of 65!

His love of Man U was never hidden, he would start every commentary making sure he named every Man U player when they got the first touch.

He has been commentating on Amazon Prime recently (nice earner I would guess), and ITV don't actually have rights to that much football at present.

That magical night in Barcelona....

I'm not really sure why he posted that. I got to the end but don't really see the point.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    That magical night in Barcelona....

I'm not really sure why he posted that. I got to the end but don't really see the point.
    It was almost like reading an xsnaggle post.

Awful commentator. And correct he does favour Man U and always mentions England 1966 as soon as he can. He's no Martin Tyler. You'd swear he has had some deep injustice, all that's happened is that he is no longer their MAIN football commentator. Not sure why is taking over but whoever it is he is probably better than him anyway. Thankfully Motson went 2 years ago too. Shame Barry Davies isn't doing it any more as he is light years ahead of anyone else.

He was sacked because he was a ****

Everton fan

Dreadful commentator

Hurrah!!
    Concur with the above with bells on.

The guy has got verbal diarrhoea and I used to turn the volume right down when he was the commentator.

The part in the link with his whine about it being ITV's decision and not his reminded me of Dave Lee Travis's rant live on air when he was "moved on" by the BBC, cringeworthy.
    Completely full of his own self importance.

Like anyone gives a shit, especially now when people are losing their jobs left right and centre.

Bye Clive, good riddance

Don't think that video has done Tyldesley any favours. He comes across as a bit of a bell end.

About 15 years or so ago, Martin Tyler was "demoted" as Sky's lead commentator in favour of rotating the big games between Tyler, Alan Parry, Rob Hawthorne and Ian Darke. I don't recall any whinging from Tyler at the time. A couple of seasons later and Tyler had all the big games again.

I don't recall either Barry Davies or John Motson moaning if they weren't used for a big game.

I can only think this is due to ITV cutting their football budget. They have very little football any more that it's hardly worth them having their own in-house team. Host Mark Pougatch is a freelancer. I would guess Matterface is freelance as well, maybe contracted to Talksport.

Roll back the years; just about all of the ITV regions had their own commentators, sometimes two or three. 28 years ago they were the biggest provider of football in the UK. Now they only have England games and Champions League highlights. England games used to be tied up in the same rights package as the FA cup, but the FA cup wasn't profitable to ITV, so they got the FA to split the package.

Why do millionaires think they can go on Twitter and complain being sacked or not getting what they want? Yesterday there was an article about Julia Sawalha in the ****ing Guardian for Christ's sake beacuse she's not being offered the chance to reprise her role from Chicken Run 20 years ago? Who ****ing cares? If they remade that kids' show she was in would she expect to be in that too?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Don't think that video has done Tyldesley any favours. He comes across as a bit of a bell end.

About 15 years or so ago, Martin Tyler was "demoted" as Sky's lead commentator in favour of rotating the big games between Tyler, Alan Parry, Rob Hawthorne and Ian Darke. I don't recall any whinging from Tyler at the time. A couple of seasons later and Tyler had all the big games again.

I don't recall either Barry Davies or John Motson moaning if they weren't used for a big game.
    I've heard Barry Davies express his frustration at John Motson getting almost all the cup finals when they were the BBC's two main commentators. I think Davies only commentated on two FA Cup finals and one World Cup final. He also complained publicly when the BBC decided to stop using him for live football commentaries.

Could never take to him as a commentator, but I honestly can't remember the last time I watched a match on ITV.

I've got to be honest there's not one commentator who's any good, I nearly always watch the match with the sound turned down. There was only one on TV I could EVER take to and that was David Coleman; he sure made a game exciting without all the banal gaff. Radio commentators are a different breed; they're usually great to listen to.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Why do millionaires think they can go on Twitter and complain being sacked or not getting what they want? Yesterday there was an article about Julia Sawalha in the ****ing Guardian for Christ's sake beacuse she's not being offered the chance to reprise her role from Chicken Run 20 years ago? Who ****ing cares? If they remade that kids' show she was in would she expect to be in that too?
    I think the Julia Sawalha issue was that it was her voice that they deemed "too old" without even giving her a chance to do a voice test, which is a bit harsh for an animation

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I think the Julia Sawalha issue was that it was her voice that they deemed "too old" without even giving her a chance to do a voice test, which is a bit harsh for an animation
    But it's not like she's been sacked from a regular role that she made her own. It was a one-off roll in a film 20 years ago. And they've obviously decided to go in a different direction. It's not she's been cast aside because she's not deemed attractive enough.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    But it's not like she's been sacked from a regular role that she made her own. It was a one-off roll in a film 20 years ago. And they've obviously decided to go in a different direction. It's not she's been cast aside because she's not deemed attractive enough.
    No but it's pretty unusual for a voice actor to not be brought back to play the same role if their voice hasn't aged noticeably, there's no real reason to do it and if it is because she's old then she would usually be voice tested. It's not evil but I'm not surprised it's been raised eyebrows

The dreaded line up of him and Andy Townsend.

Comes across so bitter. If you give that much of a shit get a job actually commentating where you have to do it.

Being ITVs head football commentator is like being in charge of Snow ploughs in Maldives.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I can only think this is due to ITV cutting their football budget. They have very little football any more that it's hardly worth them having their own in-house team. Host Mark Pougatch is a freelancer. I would guess Matterface is freelance as well, maybe contracted to Talksport.

Roll back the years; just about all of the ITV regions had their own commentators, sometimes two or three. 28 years ago they were the biggest provider of football in the UK. Now they only have England games and Champions League highlights. England games used to be tied up in the same rights package as the FA cup, but the FA cup wasn't profitable to ITV, so they got the FA to split the package.
    Ah yes the days of Hugh JohnsGerald Sinstad et al.

And who can forget HTV's Roger Malone!

Actually I quite liked Hugh John's (a Brains Dark man apparently)

And Brian Moore was one of the best of the lot.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    No but it's pretty unusual for a voice actor to not be brought back to play the same role if their voice hasn't aged noticeably, there's no real reason to do it and if it is because she's old then she would usually be voice tested. It's not evil but I'm not surprised it's been raised eyebrows
    Your mum ?

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Ah yes the days of Hugh JohnsGerald Sinstad et al.

And who can forget HTV's Roger Malone!

Actually I quite liked Hugh John's (a Brains Dark man apparently)

And Brian Moore was one of the best of the lot.
    Brian Moore was excellent. He was a Gillingham fan (and Director?) which tells me he was a proper football fan and I loved the name of their fanzine back then - 'Brian Moore's Head Looks Uncannily Like London Planetarium'. Snappy little title.

Brian Moore would rehearse a few commentaries on a Sunday morning for Sunday afternoon’s Saturday’s highlight show, The Big Match. Then the best one would be chosen, I found it a bit false when a move would start in a team’s own half and he ‘illustrated’ his football ‘knowledge’ by predicting the ball would end up in the back of the net a good 5/6 seconds before it did, he f*cking knew it would the phoney f*cker. He was found wanting if he ever did a live commentary.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    He was sacked because he was a ****

Everton fan

Dreadful commentator
    ..put Dear **** and it goes straight to Clive....

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    ..put Dear **** and it goes straight to Clive....
    Who brought up the Loganberry jam , it was not me !

You brought up the raspberry jam..I brought up the loganberry jam...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Brian Moore would rehearse a few commentaries on a Sunday morning for Sunday afternoon’s Saturday’s highlight show, The Big Match. Then the best one would be chosen, I found it a bit false when a move would start in a team’s own half and he ‘illustrated’ his football ‘knowledge’ by predicting the ball would end up in the back of the net a good 5/6 seconds before it did, he f*cking knew it would the phoney f*cker. He was found wanting if he ever did a live commentary.
    Yes, and he set commentary back a few years by doing this. My dad hated him, always said he had a bias towards London clubs.

Barry Davies is the best commentator for me. Appreciated that it was ok to be quiet for a moment or two.