+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Clive Tyldesley

Re: Clive Tyldesley

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    A touch of class in an otherwise tawdry thread.

Pretty much anybody involved in the presentation of football today has a personal interest in selling the game as a commercial product, rather than reporting on it as a sporting event. To my mind, Coleman does not fall into this camp. He was a sports enthusiast who could accurately convey the magnitude of an event. I doubt he would have over-sold the importance of Leicester vs West Ham.

Tyldesely is a reasonable commentator, with a tendency for hyperbole and nostalgia. He fairly accurately describes what is happening in a manner that is irritating rather than obtrusive, a la Jonathan Pierce. It is bizarre that he genuinely believes that anybody cares about a minor internal reorganisation of roles. He will presumably retire in the next few years and most football fans won't notice: he is nothing special, nothing terrible. That twitter clip belies a narcissism that I'd not really noticed before in a commentator other than the Moron In The Sheepskin Coat, or the uniquely appalling Alan Green.

Lots of really good sports presenters/commentators/journalists have lost their jobs in the last few years, so this daft tit whinging about him being second-best but still employed really rankles. Cornelius Lysaght and Mark Pougatch are two that spring to mind- far more insightful and offer far more to their sports than the mediocre, forgettable game-calling of Tyldesley.

Clive, give your retirement speech when you retire and just say thanks for sending me to games I had no real right to be at. Daft twat.
    Kept nodding throughout that.

In addition, I think that Sky introduced and developed that selling of football during commentary. Along came the regular hyperbole that never happened before. People believed they were getting something far better than they were used to.

Tyler is dreadful for this "AND IT'S LIVE", though he has a great way of putting images into words. He needs to retire in the next year or so though. Parry has been demoted to Championship and he needs shifting as well. Nobody else at Sky deserves to be a regular in the hot seat, so it'll be interesting to see what happens there.

Hope Sky don't get Mowbray. I don't rate him. Steve Wilson is a very good commentator, I also like Simon Brotherton, but there aren't many coming through that deserve top billing at Sky. Peter Drury would be my shout.

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    You brought up the raspberry jam..I brought up the loganberry jam...
    Arsehole all erect

I think they are all ***** to be honest

Apart from phil Suarez

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post

In addition, I think that Sky introduced and developed that selling of football during commentary. Along came the regular hyperbole that never happened before. People believed they were getting something far better than they were used to.

Tyler is dreadful for this "AND IT'S LIVE", though he has a great way of putting images into words. He needs to retire in the next year or so though. Parry has been demoted to Championship and he needs shifting as well. Nobody else at Sky deserves to be a regular in the hot seat, so it'll be interesting to see what happens there.

Hope Sky don't get Mowbray. I don't rate him. Steve Wilson is a very good commentator, I also like Simon Brotherton, but there aren't many coming through that deserve top billing at Sky. Peter Drury would be my shout.
    Oh, Sky are the source of many evils. So my suggestion is: just get rid of them. I did, over a decade ago. As a result I am less informed about modern football than many, but I can spot a snakeoil salesman when he comes knocking. And most of those gurning twats staring back at you from their overblown coverage fit that category.

Oh, Sky are the source of many evils. So my suggestion is: just get rid of them. I did, over a decade ago. As a result I am less informed about modern football than many, but I can spot a snakeoil salesman when he comes knocking. And most of those gurning twats staring back at you from their overblown coverage fit that category.
    I hate SKY , wouldnt ever pay for that

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post

Tyler is almost certainly told to do the "AND IT'S LIVE", and I get the sense a few of the co-commentators are fed lines so that they will sound great in the future.

Banned

Ditching Sky is the best decision we ever took. £70 a month by the time I quit it. Replaced by Netflix for £12 a month. 44

To get Sky Sports, you have to take out the Entertainment package. You want a specific channel, that's a different package. I occasionally invest in Now TV it was £200 for the season, split with my partner and a work colleague, about £70 each. Hadn't watched Sky Sports for 3/4 years, it is irritating when you realise that their main agenda is to overhype everything they cover so can't see us making the same decision for next season.

I know the name (Clive Tyldesley)But i wouldn't have known who he works for or what he sounds like and the alleged crap that he spouts. I don't listen to any of them, never have, or the pundits. I have the TV on mute if i watch a game as their is absolutely nothing that they can tell me about what i'm watching, unless i'm interested in how many caps a certain player has got for whichever county he represents (which i'm not) Commentary and punditry is just noise to me. When i watch a game in the flesh i never consider having someone sat next to me telling me what's going on, or another person summarising events at half time. I have no problem doing that myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I know the name (Clive Tyldesley)But i wouldn't have known who he works for or what he sounds like and the alleged crap that he spouts. I don't listen to any of them, never have, or the pundits. I have the TV on mute if i watch a game as their is absolutely nothing that they can tell me about what i'm watching, unless i'm interested in how many caps a certain player has got for whichever county he represents (which i'm not) Commentary and punditry is just noise to me. When i watch a game in the flesh i never consider having someone sat next to me telling me what's going on, or another person summarising events at half time. I have no problem doing that myself.
    I hope you really do summarise the game at half time by yourself

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I hope you really do summarise the game at half time by yourself
    Poor bastards sat next to me..... I drive my son insane when we watch a game together.

Give me Alan Green any day... someone who really knows his football

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Happily, provided you gag him

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Awful commentator. The worst. He's not employed to give his opinion, he's employed to tell us what is happening on a pitch we cannot see.

Comments during Man U v Newcastle "By the way, folks, when I say United I mean Manchester United. They are the United, so no writing in"

When Northern Ireland (his country) beat England - he was absolutely livid.

Banned

Ideal commentary team?

Barry Davies, co-commentator (at a push, Trevor Brooking, but prefer no-one)

Half time chat - Des Lynam, Brian Clough

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    Awful commentator. The worst. He's not employed to give his opinion, he's employed to tell us what is happening on a pitch we cannot see.

Comments during Man U v Newcastle "By the way, folks, when I say United I mean Manchester United. They are the United, so no writing in"

When Northern Ireland (his country) beat England - he was absolutely livid.
    LOL

The tabloids might have been miffed to see ITV commentator Clive Tyldesley snubbed a bit this World Cup, but there’s a few people out in Doha who are glad of the break.

Tyldesley has a running bit of schtick he seems wedded to in which he calls himself “Charlie” and refers to the Brit women sports presenters as his “Angels”. That kind of over-familiar uncle humour might not be so bad if “Charlie” didn’t also like to email his thoughts to these “Angels” from time to time, referring to himself in the third person throughout.

Messages like “Charlie has some advice for your presenting style” and “Charlie saw you by the pool today in your new bikini” etc.
    From the latest Popbitch.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    He was sacked because he was a ****

Everton fan

Dreadful commentator
    What a **** eh?