+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: What a Waste...Bale at Madrid...

What a Waste...Bale at Madrid...

I'm not sure this is in Bale's best interest, he should be playing football.

Insight of the situation from much respected Guillem Blague:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/53403060

He has enough money for this lifetime; at 30, he should be playing, scoring and winning at a top side. Those are the memories he should be creating rather than wanting to get one over on Zidane. Seems he sees his future sitting in the stand at the Bernabeu, counting cash and eyeing another payday in MLS.

Re: What a Waste...Bale at Madrid...

It is but he had agreed a move to China where he would at least be playing, real scuppered that deal.

As a player he has achieved far more success than most could dream of, to have done that and be sat on the bench being payed 600k a week, I can understand why he may seem a little indifferent to it all.

I'm sure this summer he will move on, hopefully to a better league than the CSL but at least he should be playing when fit.

I'd also add that I think he hit his peak a few years back, doesn't seem quite the player he was, but no doubt he could still enjoy success elsewhere if he really wanted to.

We all know about Gareth Bale and Wales, his attitude towards playing for his country is superb and he is an example to others with a fraction of his ability who have chosen to give international football a miss. Therefore, I want to back him, but if this article has got the situation right (and given it's Guillem Balague, it probably has), then I'm struggling to see the difference between what Bale is doing and what the much derided Winstone Bogarde did at Chelsea. Real Madrid aren't blameless by any means, but you can't use that to try to justify what Bale is, apparently, doing.

He can do what he wants.

But the fans looking at a multi millionaire sitting on his backside earning that amount for doing nothing and laughing behind that flag then you can understand them being pissed off.

I hope he has actually learned and become fluent in the language.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    We all know about Gareth Bale and Wales, his attitude towards playing for his country is superb and he is an example to others with a fraction of his ability who have chosen to give international football a miss. Therefore, I want to back him, but if this article has got the situation right (and given it's Guillem Balague, it probably has), then I'm struggling to see the difference between what Bale is doing and what the much derided Winstone Bogarde did at Chelsea. Real Madrid aren't blameless by any means, but you can't use that to try to justify what Bale is, apparently, doing.
    Bob, I'm not sure if you read the post as a criticism of Bale as it wasn't meant to be. The onus is, and always has been, on Real to sort it out but the player does seem to have allowed his relationship with the manager to exceed other considerations. Bale is an outstanding player, one of few to get you off your seat when the ball arrives, and I'm simply bemoaning the fact that we're all missing seeing him in full flight. And I don't think there's much doubt that the situation has been allowed to affect his recent performances in a red shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    Bob, I'm not sure if you read the post as a criticism of Bale as it wasn't meant to be. The onus is, and always has been, on Real to sort it out but the player does seem to have allowed his relationship with the manager to exceed other considerations. Bale is an outstanding player, one of few to get you off your seat when the ball arrives, and I'm simply bemoaning the fact that we're all missing seeing him in full flight. And I don't think there's much doubt that the situation has been allowed to affect his recent performances in a red shirt.
    I started reading the article with an open mind or even a pro Bale view, but it's that Bogarde comparison that keeps coming to mind with me. Bogarde got terrible stick for what he did, but the amount he got for sitting on his back side for a few years is dwarfed by the sums we're talking about with Bale.

They are probably hoping to force him out through his desire to play, but maybe he has had enough of football and doesn’t care? He’s got nothing to prove and he owes Real or there fans nothing. An overhead kick to win a champions league final.....enough said.

I have ZERO problem with what Bale is doing. He's under contract, he trains, he's fit and available to play. It's not his fault that the club that signed him and offered him the contract they did can't unload him. If they're so desperate get rid of him, make him an offer.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I have ZERO problem with what Bale is doing. He's under contract, he trains, he's fit and available to play. It's not his fault that the club that signed him and offered him the contract they did can't unload him. If they're so desperate get rid of him, make him an offer.
    That's fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    I'm not sure this is in Bale's best interest, he should be playing footba

Insight of the situation from much respected Guillem Blague:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/53403060

He has enough money for this lifetime; at 30, he should be playing, scoring and winning at a top side. Those are the memories he should be creating rather than wanting to get one over on Zidane. Seems he sees his future sitting in the stand at the Bernabeu, counting cash and eyeing another payday in MLS.
    I thought he had retired after the golden hand shake China 🇨🇳 deal collapsed?

Yeah he came back as the fittest and fastest player in the squad post lockdown https://www.republicworld.com/sports...ga-return.html

I hope he does leave there because I'd hate to see him waste his talent on the bench, and also it won't do any good for Wales to have him not playing for the next year but he's fulfilling his end of the deal and is ready to provide the service he's contracted to do. If Zidane's got some sort of problem with him then they either cut their losses and sell him or suck it up

Exactly. Zidane showed his contempt for Bale last summer. Bale agreed a move, albeit to China and Real’s board pulled the plug. Ergo he’s been left in limbo. Don’t blame him one bit.

In fairness to Bale, he WANTS to play. He has been playing up in the stands because ZZ is using all 5 subs and never bringing him on, how can Bale attempt to earn his wage if they will not even play him.

The article assumes that because Bale is highly paid and has many luxuries that he’s just sitting there “looking at his bank account and smiling”, like Claude Makelele.
    There’s nothing to state that as a fact and the other difference with Makelele is that the club have made it clear that they want him out, even to the point of sanctioning a deal for him to leave, only to perform a volte face.
    Maybe his behaviour is a bit silly, but he’s been treated like dirt.
    Given all the money he’s got, I’d so love to see him come home to Cardiff and play for an affordable wage. He’d be able to live in his own home, with golf course and playing for Wales would be a doddle.
    Surely that’s better than going to China! 🤪

It is a waste.
    Bale has declined considerably but he was far best than most so still is.

I dont know what is next for him but his petulance is at the fact he isnt being treated equally to others.

He is obviously playing a game where the worst that happens is he costs the same club a lot of money.

If he becomes available is he going to get offered the same amount he would if had completed a succesful season, of course he isnt. However, that isn't his fault he cannot showcase this.

The Bogarde comparison is different because Bogarde didn't have a period where performed and brought success to a club.

Money isn't everything but it is certainly something. Even if you have it by the shed load. I can totally understand why he is doing it but it is disappointing and without a conclusion will be a negative for Wales until he ends up playing regularly and getting injured.

Agree with this. He seems fit and able but just isn’t in favour with the management and isn’t being selected. You’ve got to earn your place in the starting line up at Madrid no doubt but this does feel like there’s politics involved from the management.

I don’t think he’s got anything to prove (especially to us as Welsh fans). Although paid handsomely of course he has arguably been a good servant to Real Madrid and helped bring them a lot of success and incredible moments.

But I do agree with the tone picked up on in the og article. It’s a shame that football fans are being denied the chance to see him play regularly for whatever club. I’d never thought as you get older you could start seeing footballers younger than yourself as heroes, but for the last decade he’s at periods been one of the best players in the world, put in monumental shifts for Wales, whilst by all accounts still being an otherwise affable lad from Whitchurch.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/12126...free-transfer/

it's the sun but you never know....

What happened to the house he bought in Manchester?

I do wish that he'd stop all the pretending to sleep etc nonsense in the stands. I get where his head is at and the first few times were funny but he's not coming out of it well the longer it goes on. Better to keep the moral high ground I think

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I do wish that he'd stop all the pretending to sleep etc nonsense in the stands. I get where his head is at and the first few times were funny but he's not coming out of it well the longer it goes on. Better to keep the moral high ground I think
    There's a camera on him for the entire game, he's taking the piss out of the camera man.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/12126...free-transfer/

it's the sun but you never know....
    Why would Bale go for that? He's on £350,000 a week until 2022. We all know he's past his best, the only way he's getting paid that kind of money is by going to China. Why would he want to do that? If I was his agent, I'd be looking for a payoff of half his remaining contract.

Why would Bale go for that? He's on £350,000 a week until 2022. We all know he's past his best, the only way he's getting paid that kind of money is by going to China. Why would he want to do that? If I was his agent, I'd be looking for a payoff of half his remaining contract.
    Yeah, thats what I thought - if they pay him half - he can then go somewhere and earn just as mush as there would be no transfer fee ( bit like Rambo ) he could make more from that and play football than by sitting in the stands

If Bale came to Cardiff would he be just another bench man ?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    If Bale came to Cardiff would he be just another bench man ?
    Probably, unless he's got a long throw somewhere in his locker..