+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Which gave Tomlin the greater pleasure.....

Which gave Tomlin the greater pleasure.....

......nicking the ball from Rooney, or slotting home the winner?

I reckon winning the ball - he had been chasing all and sundry but especially Rooney, for an hour.....

Re: Which gave Tomlin the greater pleasure.....

For me,it’s time for Rooney to hang up his boots otherwise people will forget what a great player he was in his heyday. What a class finish by Tomlin, I thought he’d taken the shot too early but he nailed it.

Quote Originally Posted by SOXY BOY View Post
    For me,it’s time for Rooney to hang up his boots otherwise people will forget what a great player he was in his heyday. What a class finish by Tomlin, I thought he’d taken the shot too early but he nailed it.
    He had one bad game - still has the quality.

Some of his passing was superb.

???

He's been very good for Derby

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

Was it? He was bloody awful last night and apparently has been since the lockdown. Teams have found out they just need to get men around him. He gave the ball away more than any other player on the pitch last night. His free kicks and long range passes were so bad last night. He had about 3 free kicks in dangerous areas that were all straight down Smithies throat.

It may have been one bad game but for me, he’s a forward and he was a brilliant one at that. I think he was one of the best players to grace the premier league and now, maybe the right time to go into management, which is something he’s suggested for the future.

It may have been one bad game but for me, he’s a forward and he was a brilliant one at that. I think he was one of the best players to grace the premier league and now, maybe the right time to go into management, which is something he’s suggested for the future.
    Would you walk away from 100k a week? 32 Rooney's on a packet from the bookies.

I didn't think he looked that good against Preston either. Maybe it's the beard.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

Derby’s generally improved form seemed to coincide his arrival. Several misplaced passes last night, along with wasted set-pieces and of course got dispossessed four our 2nd goal. Maybe the intense schedule of games has caught up with him.

I’d have him here but his wages would be ridiculous

Pedro, he’s worth a fortune anyway and when he does go into management, he’ll no doubt pull a big salary.

Anyway back to the op. The goal.

Screenshot 2020-07-15 at 21.01.22.jpeg

Screenshot 2020-07-15 at 21.01.22.jpeg

Can’t get it to work

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    ......nicking the ball from Rooney, or slotting home the winner?

I reckon winning the ball - he had been chasing all and sundry but especially Rooney, for an hour.....
    I thought Derby's reliance on Rooney in his deep lying role slowed them down . Getting caught by Tomlin lije that would have been embarrassing for him, after all the years of suberb quality